PDA

View Full Version : Overkill 2 ply shirt.

NickAus
11-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Just got it in the mail, this thing is well made and the fabric looks ****ing strong.
It weighs more than it looks like it should if that makes any sense.
The collar is 5 ply.
Looking forward to breaking it in and will let you all know!

muscle_g
11-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Who makes the Overkill shirt?

Travis Bell
11-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Rudy something or other. It's a new company but Rob Luyando has been wearing their stuff and I believe a couple other guys on this board have as well.

It sounds like a really good shirt

robchris
11-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Nick,

Keep us in the loop...

I havent heard a lot about this shirt due to it being relatively new to the market, but I'm very interested!

NickAus
11-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Nick,

Keep us in the loop...

I havent heard a lot about this shirt due to it being relatively new to the market, but I'm very interested!

For sure, just have to take a week off to rest my elbow as it was grinding away on Sunday.

First up I'll do some 3 boards starting pinkies on the ring and moving out to full comp grip hopefully.

Brian Hopper
11-02-2009, 09:09 PM
From what people have been saying, this is a bad ass shirt!!!

TankofZenzenBB
11-03-2009, 12:07 AM
This is a damn good shirt. Everyone on my team is wearing one, except me and a couple of other people. Minuth hit 905 to a 1-1/2 board a couple of weeks ago in his 2-ply shirt. At one time Rudy was selling them for $150. I should of just bought the dam thing and sold the the 2 other Rage-X shirts I have. I think he's selling the shirts now for $250 and his suit for $250 but, i could be wrong. Every now and then, Rudy comes by the gym. I just need to get measured. There's still a few minor tweaks he needs to workout on the shirt.

NickAus
11-03-2009, 12:44 AM
$200 custom made for 2 ply $300 for 3 ply (700+ benchers).
I'm pretty sure Rob has been benching up to 960 in the 2 ply.
You can do 4,5 or 6 ply collar and all types of other options.

NickAus
11-08-2009, 03:55 AM
Nick,

Keep us in the loop...

Used it for the first time and it is better than my other shirts even on it's first use.
I did my old PR pinkies on ring 3 board 540 for a triple easy!
I am stronger than when I last did the movement but it was still 2 more reps and I left some in the tank.

The material is great and I felt more carryover at lock-out than ever even with the medium grip (I lift a lot less with a medium grip).
Lots or rebound.

Shirt is comfortable too which is cool.

Two thumbs up!!

Rob Luyando
11-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Overkill Strength Equipment is the new leader in Powerlifting Equipment.

All shirts are made to each person's custom measurements. There are no stock sizes. I have been playing with them for a while now and would not consider trying any other shirt. I will be handling a grand with in the next couple of weeks in a double ply. Shirts hold together great and don't loosen up hardly at all.

Lones Green
11-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Overkill Strength Equipment is the new leader in Powerlifting Equipment.

All shirts are made to each person's custom measurements. There are no stock sizes. I have been playing with them for a while now and would not consider trying any other shirt. I will be handling a grand with in the next couple of weeks in a double ply. Shirts hold together great and don't loosen up hardly at all.

Good to see things like this, the 2 points you mentioned are the 2 biggest things I've been having problems with when it comes to my gear. It loosens up, and I have to keep sending my suit back for alteration

robchris
11-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Nick,
Great info bro... I wanna get one when my $$ right! Couple of questions though. Is Overkill IPF approved?

Also, what's the groove like so far (hard to tell off a 3-bd. I know!)

Thx.
RC

Travis Bell
11-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Nick,
Great info bro... I wanna get one when my $$ right! Couple of questions though. Is Overkill IPF approved?

Thx.
RC

It is not IPF approved

NickAus
11-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Nick,

Thx.
RC

Couldn't say much at this stage about the groove, I had to use a meduim grip as it's tight so that would change things a little.

For the first time I found it easy to use overall but working down the boards may be different.

The two main things I like are where the collar/neck line is and the fabric.

Did not expect to hit a PR and wasn't even going for one, I am confident I will hit 600 off the 3 board with-in 4 weeks once I can get my hands out.

Not IPF.

TankofZenzenBB
11-08-2009, 04:14 PM
There's a couple of lifters on my team that doesn't like where the seam is at on the arms. It aggravates the ulnar nerve. Also there's not a lot of fabric that's covers the front delt.

NickAus
11-08-2009, 04:34 PM
There's a couple of lifters on my team that doesn't like where the seam is at on the arms. It aggravates the ulnar nerve. Also there's not a lot of fabric that's covers the front delt.

My viking hurt my elbow, not this shirt.

icedutah
11-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Overkill is so far the best shirt I have ever used. I have hit pr's on the 3,2, 1 boards so far by about 50 lbs. each.

Best part about this shirt imo is the customization. It fits perfectly.

douglasoh5
11-09-2009, 11:37 AM
has anyone used there briefs and squat suits? does he make canvas suits or just the poly? any info would be nice

NickAus
11-09-2009, 02:16 PM
has anyone used there briefs and squat suits? does he make canvas suits or just the poly? any info would be nice

Canvas and Poly, he does all types and variations you can think of.

NickAus
11-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Overkill is so far the best shirt I have ever used. I have hit pr's on the 3,2, 1 boards so far by about 50 lbs. each.

Best part about this shirt imo is the customization. It fits perfectly.

I agree, fits really well!

theBarzeen
11-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Canvas and Poly, he does all types and variations you can think of.

He does Poly briefs, Canvas suits, and Poly shirts.....

My wife has Overkill briefs and has made HUGE gains in them.... her best squat with 4 ply Frantz briefs and a canvas suit was 367, she hit that for a double in just briefs and knee wraps after 3 weeks in the briefs....she's since gone over 400 a few times in full gear.... I hit a PR 902 squat in an Overkill canvas ( previous best was mid 800's)..... and a PR 585 in a meet ( AWPC worlds) three weeks after switching from a BOSS shirt.... I have since hit 675 in the gym ( Thanks to Rob and Paul Key for helping me figure my bench out....... everyone else should go to the next seminar)......

nothing but good things to say about Rudy or Overkill Gear....

NickAus
11-09-2009, 05:02 PM
He will be doing hybrid canvas/poly suits as well.

I will get some briefs soon.

NickAus
11-09-2009, 05:06 PM
He does Poly briefs, Canvas suits, and Poly shirts.....

My wife has Overkill briefs and has made HUGE gains in them.... her best squat with 4 ply Frantz briefs and a canvas suit was 367, she hit that for a double in just briefs and knee wraps after 3 weeks in the briefs....she's since gone over 400 a few times in full gear.......

That's a big difference!

TankofZenzenBB
11-09-2009, 08:55 PM
I'm looking to buy a squat suit or briefs pretty soon. my metal pro briefs stretched out so much i had to have them altered and tonight i just blew out the side seam so i need to get briefs. i might give the overkill briefs a try but i really need to get in a suit.

theBarzeen
11-11-2009, 08:04 AM
He will be doing hybrid canvas/poly suits as well.

I will get some briefs soon.

he IS doing the hybrid suits now..... I hit a pr 902 in mine a few weeks ago, he adjusted it for me to get me more pop out of the hole and I took an easy 827 last week and am going all out this sat.......

it has the feel of a canvas except when a full canvas locks up in the hole that's it, you're not going any lower. With this suit you can kind of sit in to it to load it and it'll give a little more to make it easier to hit depth but it still has a lot of pop in the bottom.... you can also crank the straps tighter to give you more pop and carry-over and still hit depth

douglasoh5
11-11-2009, 09:14 AM
how much do the briefs and suit cost? can you compair the briefs to any of the other briefs design wise?

theBarzeen
11-12-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm pretty sure that the suit costs around what any canvas costs, and the briefs are somewhere around ~150 but don't quote me on that...... The suit is pretty unique, almost like a Canvas but it doesn't lock as much so you can actually hit depth even with the suit tight...... The briefs look somewhere between Predators and the BOSS briefs but are made of the Overkill poly which is heavier than either companies material but stretches and rebounds better.......

cpa5oh
11-13-2009, 12:05 PM
What's his turnaround time? You order, then it takes about how long to receive?

theBarzeen
11-14-2009, 05:37 AM
It's a small operation with everything being made to order so if you catch Rudy at a good time you could get a shirt or suit made in a week, but if he is waiting on a shipment of fabric from the mill or if he just got swamped with orders it might be three..... Rudy is an honest guy, and is really there for the lifters so if you ask him how long to expect your order to take he won't bull**** you like some other companies will. You're dealing with Rudy who has been competing for 20+ years and does this because he likes to, not some company who will tell you that something is in stock when really it's not.

allan3
11-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Used it for the first time and it is better than my other shirts even on it's first use.
I did my old PR pinkies on ring 3 board 540 for a triple easy!
I am stronger than when I last did the movement but it was still 2 more reps and I left some in the tank.

The material is great and I felt more carryover at lock-out than ever even with the medium grip (I lift a lot less with a medium grip).
Lots or rebound.

Shirt is comfortable too which is cool.

Two thumbs up!!

thats awesome nick!! i have been wanting to get one!! im really considering one soon.

NickAus
11-14-2009, 04:56 PM
thats awesome nick!! i have been wanting to get one!! im really considering one soon.

I'm in the shirt tonight, going to move my grip out and do some 2.5 boards.

Let you know in my log how it goes.

jonrock
11-15-2009, 01:29 PM
does anyone know anybody who used a triple ply in this shirt yet?

Rob Luyando
11-15-2009, 02:03 PM
does anyone know anybody who used a triple ply in this shirt yet?

Yes I know of several lifters who have use and Overkill Shirt. Whats your question?

theBarzeen
11-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Most guys I know are just using the double ply... One guy on my team has a triple ply and is still learning it.....it is amazingly heavy..... maybe one of the Zenzen guys can speak for Matt MInuth as he might be using the triple as well... in other news Rudy is also apparently making some heavy duty poly suits. I'm not sure what stage of development they're in or how much they cost though. My wife usually squats in an Overkill brief and a canvas suit, her PR in that set up was 410 ( in the 132 weight class).... she looked bad in her canvas so Rudy let her try a triple poly suit meant for a 181-er... it was super loose but she hit a PR 422 in it........

vdizenzo
11-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Finally saw one yesterday at the training day at TPS. It's basically a custom made rage X.

TankofZenzenBB
11-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Minuth was in a triple ply at the Rise of the Deadlift this past October. He recently switched to a double ply. His triple ply, he added more material over his anterior delts and also moved the seam on the arms because he was having some issues with his ulnar nerve.

jonrock
11-16-2009, 06:29 AM
Yes I know of several lifters who have use and Overkill Shirt. Whats your question?

is the triple ply overkill comparable to the triple ply rage or more like the triple ply phenom? reason i ask, i am deciding to get either a triple or double. if it is more like the super phenom, than i can handle it. i dont want to end up with a triple and than find out it is impossible to touch. i have pressed over 600 @198, according to what rudy told me, if you press over 600, go with triple ply. would you agree with this rob?

Rob Luyando
11-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Finally saw one yesterday at the training day at TPS. It's basically a custom made rage X.

Vincent obviously you didn't try it on. The shirts may look similiar to a rage X but the material is way different and the groove is more forgiving. My overkill shirt will out perform any rage X I have used in the past. Before this shirt came along I would say Super Phenom was the best shirt out their, Rage X and Super Phenom don't hold a candle to the overkill in my opinion. And my feelings towards Inzer have nothing to do with my opinion of quality shirts.

Rob Luyando
11-16-2009, 03:44 PM
is the triple ply overkill comparable to the triple ply rage or more like the triple ply phenom? reason i ask, i am deciding to get either a triple or double. if it is more like the super phenom, than i can handle it. i dont want to end up with a triple and than find out it is impossible to touch. i have pressed over 600 @198, according to what rudy told me, if you press over 600, go with triple ply. would you agree with this rob?

I am playing with a double and hitting nearly a grand in it. Once I am in shape a grand in a double will be easy. I haven't tri4ed a tripple yet but I know the guys that uses them love them. Read my above post to Vincent this shirt is nothing like a Inzer shirt

vdizenzo
11-16-2009, 05:32 PM
My Rage X comment came from feeling the material and seeing the cut. The guy wearing it saying it was just like a Rage X kind of helped me come up with that deduction. I really don't care what it is. I wish people luck in whatever shirt they have.

NickAus
11-16-2009, 10:11 PM

I would still go 2 ply, I think 3 ply if you go over 700.

The 2 ply Overkill is stronger than my Metal 3 ply.

vdizenzo
11-17-2009, 05:36 AM
I would still go 2 ply, I think 3 ply if you go over 700.

The 2 ply Overkill is stronger than my Metal 3 ply.

Who has a Metal 3 ply?

douglasoh5
11-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Vinnie the ace shirt is triple ply

vdizenzo
11-17-2009, 01:16 PM
Vinnie the ace shirt is triple ply

I just emailed Dave to double check and he said it's a double.

barbell01
11-17-2009, 01:18 PM
i just looked at mine to dubbl check and it looks like a 2 ply laminate......

barbell01
11-17-2009, 01:19 PM
not that it matters how many plys these days......

NickAus
11-17-2009, 03:27 PM
My information must have been wrong I had heard the Ace was 3 ply, if Dave says it's 2 ply then it must be.

Good shirt but I still want to see if anyone sets a record in it, I think with a tight one it will be hard to flare at the top because of the cut but that's just my opinion and I'm no expert.

Travis Bell
11-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Couple of the guys have gone over 800 in them already. A good shirt no doubt

theBarzeen
11-17-2009, 04:30 PM
My information must have been wrong I had heard the Ace was 3 ply, if Dave says it's 2 ply then it must be.

Good shirt but I still want to see if anyone sets a record in it, I think with a tight one it will be hard to flare at the top because of the cut but that's just my opinion and I'm no expert.

the Ace is 2 ply's of poly and one ply of foam lamination between them.....

The overkill shirt looks like a rage X, and I guess you could work it like a Rage X, but to get the most out of it ( or any shirt) you have to make the material stretch to get that rebound out of it...more like a Phenom... That's where the overkill material feels really different from my old Inzer ( and Titan for that matter) shirt..... my shirt felt too tight to even get 1/2 way down but if you stay tight and work the material it'll stretch more and load up better..... In my double ply ( with help from Rob's seminar) I can touch 365, and have gone 675 to the chest and 680 to a 1 1/2 board for a double........

With Rob going 900+ in a double, Minuth going 900 in a double, etc... I'd say go double ply unless you have a really good arch/ gut and t-rex arms

vdizenzo
11-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Man, you guys sure know a lot about shirts. Is foam lamination really considered a ply? What is foam laminant anyway? People must be taking shirts apart. We need a shirt engineering class. SFW!

barbell01
11-17-2009, 05:47 PM
the foam lam. is not a ply, it just laminates the plys making them work as one.

Travis Bell
11-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Yeah I was told it's like the new style of grid stitching almost

Rob Luyando
11-17-2009, 06:41 PM
Man, you guys sure know a lot about shirts. Is foam lamination really considered a ply? What is foam laminant anyway? People must be taking shirts apart. We need a shirt engineering class. SFW!

I got a laugh out of that one as well. THe Ace is a double and a good shirt.

And Vincent I still love you just busting balls cause I would rather get hit by a truck then be associated with IAD

icedutah
11-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Umm my Metal Ace has 3 ply poly and 2 layers of the foam laminate. It's just like my Metal Ace squatter which is 3 ply on the leg tubes and back. It only has 2 ply on the front belly area.

But I will go home today and double check again. But I am pretty sure it is a 3 ply.

Travis Bell
11-19-2009, 09:04 AM
So now it's 5 ply???

Man I'm getting confused

It'll be the never answered mystery. The question of how many plies the Metal Ace is.....

vdizenzo
11-19-2009, 09:33 AM
This will go down as one of those unanswered questions in history like what does the 33 stand for on a Rollng Rock, and what did Paul Key bench?

icedutah
11-19-2009, 09:45 AM
I'll take a pic of mine. I have cut the arm length shorter and will be able to easily see the plies.

Travis, we aren't counting the foam glue laminate as a ply. So it's either 2 or 3 ply shirt.

bencher8
11-19-2009, 09:57 AM
What DID I bench?...shoot, I wish my bench would tell ME what it did..

SELK
11-19-2009, 10:19 AM
I know my ace squatter is 3ply in the back, so when I wear my ace briefs under it, I have 6 plies. Its great.

vdizenzo
11-19-2009, 12:26 PM
I'll take a pic of mine. I have cut the arm length shorter and will be able to easily see the plies.

Travis, we aren't counting the foam glue laminate as a ply. So it's either 2 or 3 ply shirt.

I have cut the sleeve on mine. I can't wait to get home to check.

robchris
11-19-2009, 05:31 PM
Ha Ha Ha...I'm LMAO about this ply debate!

Vinnie, do you moonlight as a comedian? LOL

Travis Bell
11-19-2009, 07:05 PM
Ha Ha Ha...I'm LMAO about this ply debate!

Vinnie, do you moonlight as a comedian? LOL

He moonlights as a lot of things I've heard....

icedutah
11-20-2009, 01:23 PM
Did you see your shirt last night Vinny?

Metal Ace's are 100% for sure 3 ply poly with a foam laminate between the plies holding them all together. Not sure why Dave told you that it was a double ply.

vdizenzo
11-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Did you see your shirt last night Vinny?

Metal Ace's are 100% for sure 3 ply poly with a foam laminate between the plies holding them all together. Not sure why Dave told you that it was a double ply.

I guess my sarcasm was lost on you. I honestly did not know it was a triple. I still have not checked, but I'll take your word on it. I really don't care if something is quadruple ply or single. I love seeing guys struggling to touch weight in a shirt then brag how it was a single ply. Gear is gear. I once saw Glenn Russo put on two triple ply super duper phenoms, more power to him. Hey, he bombed, but that's his business.

I treat gear like I treat training programs. I don't rip them apart to try and understand them. I just run full steam ahead and SFW!

barbell01
11-20-2009, 03:32 PM
I guess my sarcasm was lost on you. I honestly did not know it was a triple. I still have not checked, but I'll take your word on it. I really don't care if something is quadruple ply or single. I love seeing guys struggling to touch weight in a shirt then brag how it was a single ply. Gear is gear. I once saw Glenn Russo put on two triple ply super duper phenoms, more power to him. Hey, he bombed, but that's his business.

I treat gear like I treat training programs. I don't rip them apart to try and understand them. I just run full steam ahead and SFW!

right on!

Rob Luyando
11-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Vincent that what your doing wrong. You need to be studying the layers and figureing out how each layer is going to perform, and than how multiple layes will perform together, and how glue will affect how multiple layers perform together as one. Its a science....................................

And while you guys are all trying to do what I just told Vincent I will just put my ****ing shirt on load the ****ing bar and bench. This doesn't have to be rocket science guys. Just lift!

vdizenzo
11-20-2009, 04:22 PM
Vincent that what your doing wrong. You need to be studying the layers and figureing out how each layer is going to perform, and than how multiple layes will perform together, and how glue will affect how multiple layers perform together as one. Its a science....................................

And while you guys are all trying to do what I just told Vincent I will just put my ****ing shirt on load the ****ing bar and bench. This doesn't have to be rocket science guys. Just lift!

SFW brother!

theBarzeen
11-22-2009, 12:40 AM

it might just be too much talking with Rudy.... but after adjusting my own gear a few times it's hard to not think through how everythng's working

john richard
03-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Just got it in the mail, this thing is well made and the fabric looks ****ing strong.
It weighs more than it looks like it should if that makes any sense.
The collar is 5 ply.
Looking forward to breaking it in and will let you all know!

My biggest bench in a shirt was 380 in a Karen's denim shirt. I just got an overkill shirt. I'm having trouble getting weight all the way down. I got 405 to 2 boards and blew it up easy. It wouldn't come down all the way. 415 with 2 boards; up easy again but couldn't get it all the way down either. 425 with 2 boards up easy. Where do I go from here? I seem to have good lockout strength.

SELK
03-23-2011, 07:30 PM
My biggest bench in a shirt was 380 in a Karen's denim shirt. I just got an overkill shirt. I'm having trouble getting weight all the way down. I got 405 to 2 boards and blew it up easy. It wouldn't come down all the way. 415 with 2 boards; up easy again but couldn't get it all the way down either. 425 with 2 boards up easy. Where do I go from here? I seem to have good lockout strength.

Just keep adding weight and bringing the boards down if you are following this method. If you have a strong lockout you are in luck. The lightest weight ive touched in my 2ply overkill is 500. Ive only ever touched 2 reps in the thing (1st and 2nd attempts.. although this is nerve wrecking, i find it much easier to touch at a meet).

theBarzeen
03-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Just take your time breaking in your shirt and it'll go. I have a team mate who has the longest bench stroke I've ever seen. no arch or gut, and arms so long that when I lift off for him ( I'm 6'5" ) I am lifting the weight above my belly button...... and he opened at the IL state meet this weekend with 402...... if he can do it.... so can you.

I can touch low 400's in my shirt ( when I feel like fighting with it) and am a 700lb bencher...... ( got my first 705 in a meet this last weekend too)

It just takes time to break them in good..... and don't be afraid to really pull the bar in to your belly, it takes some work.

Good luck!

shocker4221
03-23-2011, 09:00 PM
I know it's off topic but I have to ask. Is hand placement when using a shirt all about preference or is there an optimal placement, wider = better?

NickAus
03-23-2011, 10:31 PM
In gear most use full 81cm grip (powerlifting bar rings)

shocker4221
03-24-2011, 09:01 AM
In gear most use full 81cm grip (powerlifting bar rings)

thansk for responding Nick. Last year I got a Fury and it was my first time using a shirt. I used a grip with my ring finger on the rings. Now I have a Titan SK and though at first I was unable to grip the bar that wide, I can now. Wouldn't it be easier to tuck the elbows with a narrower grip?

AdamBAG
03-24-2011, 09:07 AM
thansk for responding Nick. Last year I got a Fury and it was my first time using a shirt. I used a grip with my ring finger on the rings. Now I have a Titan SK and though at first I was unable to grip the bar that wide, I can now. Wouldn't it be easier to tuck the elbows with a narrower grip?

It would be easier to tuck, but the range of motion is shorter with the maximum grip. In a tight shirt that 1-2" shorter ROM can make a big difference when trying to touch.

shocker4221
03-24-2011, 12:33 PM
It would be easier to tuck, but the range of motion is shorter with the maximum grip. In a tight shirt that 1-2" shorter ROM can make a big difference when trying to touch.

Obviously i'm a rookie to powerlifting and gear because the ROM completely slipped my mind. Guess I've been concentrating so much on everything else. Thanks for the reality check.

theBarzeen
03-24-2011, 03:58 PM
usually it's about how wide you can go and still have some lockout power....... if you are a small 181 class lifter with short arms it might not be a great idea to go all the way out as you might not be able to get under the weight right...... obviously some can, but there are a lot that can't.

but putting the ring finger on the rings sounds insane, my wife lifts in the 132 class and is around 5'2" and even she puts her middle finger on the rings.

shocker4221
03-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Now i'm more than ever eager to try to move my grip out but unfortunately have to wait till Mon. I've got short arms but am over 200 lbs. Thanks for the feedback as always.

AdamBAG
03-25-2011, 08:07 AM
Now i'm more than ever eager to try to move my grip out but unfortunately have to wait till Mon. I've got short arms but am over 200 lbs. Thanks for the feedback as always.

Most of the best shirted benchers use a full/max grip. I train with Jason Coker sometimes and he takes a max grip. I would say he is 5'7" at best and definitely doesn't have long arms.

shocker4221
03-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Most of the best shirted benchers use a full/max grip. I train with Jason Coker sometimes and he takes a max grip. I would say he is 5'7" at best and definitely doesn't have long arms.

What exactly or how far is the full or max grip?

john richard
03-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Just keep adding weight and bringing the boards down if you are following this method. If you have a strong lockout you are in luck. The lightest weight ive touched in my 2ply overkill is 500. Ive only ever touched 2 reps in the thing (1st and 2nd attempts.. although this is nerve wrecking, i find it much easier to touch at a meet).

My raw bench is 330. What is a reasonable amount to get out of this shirt?

SELK
03-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Depends on alot of factors.. somewhere between 150-250 is pretty standard.

john richard
03-25-2011, 08:55 PM
so maybe i should add a little more weight instead of fighting and wearing myself out trying to get something to touch.there is a meet in my home town on april 2 400 won it last year. Im 46 years old @ 198 would love to make a good showing.

SELK
03-25-2011, 09:01 PM
good luck at the meet, sounds like you have the strength for a big bench at that meet.

for me doing a ton of work in the shirt got me more comfortable handling the bigger weights and using better form. Some guys can wear a shirt a few times before a meet and be fine.. I am not one of them (although I can do this in the squat and deadlift).

AdamBAG
03-26-2011, 06:53 AM
What exactly or how far is the full or max grip?

Index/Pointer finger on the ring.

theBarzeen
03-27-2011, 01:26 PM

I'm somewhere over 500 raw ( did 507 and hurt for 2 weeks, but it went up easy)

I've gone 750+ in the shirt in the gym, hit 705 in a meet.... missed 733 that same meet when I got out of the groove and the weight came back in to the rack.

I do a lot of full range work in the shirt to get comfortable in it and make finding the groove automatic.

70lbs out of a very loose shirt is doable. We have a lifter in the AAPF 181's who is barely a 350 raw bencher but handling over 600 in the gym... the guy gets a ton out of his shirt because he has a great mindset ( isn't afraid of the weight) and because his arms are short and his arch is HUGE.