PDA

View Full Version : Recovery Mid-Season

wissfootball31
11-02-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm in my ninth week of my college football season. My bodies feeling run down. We hit hard on tuesdays, and go lighter on wed. thurs. I'm an offensive linemen I've seen my weight go from 285 at the start of camp down to 275. My hands, fingers, knuckles, forearms and shoulders constantly sore. Any suggestions (stretching, supplements, massage, therapy) that will help me out as the team makes a playoff push.

jed
11-02-2009, 10:49 PM
The best way I coped with my problems was lot's of ibuprofein before practice/games, and lot's of athletic tape. Tape your fingers in between your knuckles, tape your wrists, spat and tape ankles, etc. if you don't already. Obviously stuff like stretching helps, too. I can't reccomend any supplements since the only one I would reccomend is creatine for enhanced muscle recovery rate and increased energy, but it dehydrates also. Your call there.

skinny99
11-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Eat! If your losing weight your not eating enough,protein and carbs help with recovery. And generally carbs keep your energy level up so you "feel" better! Also a lot of guys ahve had success doing this!

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129331&highlight=shower