PDA

View Full Version : Turkey before Bedtime

aormz
11-03-2009, 02:33 AM
I've been checking out some amino acid combinations lately that will help boost HGH levels naturally. Reading that tryptophan is a main ingredient that should be taken before sleep to help with the REM and also recovery. I've been eating a nice ground turkey chunk at night lately and have been feeling thick in the mourning. Just wondering if some of you guys have been doing this? If not i think you should give it a try.!

activestack
11-03-2009, 06:40 AM
i think turkey and chicken before bedtime will be heavy for stomach. You may need to eat less heavy food. You can prefer vegetables though.

aormz
11-03-2009, 04:04 PM
well the reason i am eating turkey before the sleep is for the tryptophan. It's supposed to help get deeper sleep and better production for HGH. I dont mind being a little heavier every mourning..

Skalami
11-04-2009, 10:13 AM
What do you mean you feel heavy? like tired or what? How much turkey you eating at night?

Cmanuel
11-04-2009, 10:32 AM
The tryptophan thing with turkey is yet another food myth. Thanksgiving Dinner usually makes you tired because you are taking in about 125423t5512355 calories in a single sitting. Its the insulin response that makes you tired. Besides, turkey has very similar tryptophan levels to other meats.
Now if you started taking direct tryptophan supplements then you might see a response, but I believe the jury is still out on that issue

Mercuryblade
11-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Can you provide any links to sources about HGH and tryptophan.

Beef, pork, chicken all have similar levels of tryptophan to turkey.