PDA

View Full Version : doubling dose of results?

amz916
11-04-2009, 10:27 PM
How effective would it be? Is it worth it? Or better just to use one dose a day? IDK if there is a limit to the mount of BA And HMB your body can absorb daily.

machaf
11-04-2009, 11:44 PM
According to Lyle McDonald. BA 4 times a day (400-800mg/per dose) (http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=4474)

Travis Bell
11-05-2009, 08:06 AM
How effective would it be? Is it worth it? Or better just to use one dose a day? IDK if there is a limit to the mount of BA And HMB your body can absorb daily.

I've doubled up leading up to meets several times and it does indeed help

Usually I'll do one in the morning, then one later in the afternoon before I train.

ScottYard
11-05-2009, 09:11 AM
What about meet day? I was wondering if I should take a drink an hour before squatting, benching, and pulling. Any ideas travis?

Travis Bell
11-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Scott, how close are you to 275?

I seem to recall you saying you were right around 260-265 right now, which if that's the case, I'd start taking two servings a day from here up to the meet.

On meet day though, I'd hit one up in the morning, but after squatting, take some Opticen, and then some more Opticen before pulling.

Reason being, with Results it might spike your insulin a little bit too much right in between the three lifts. But doubling up leading up to meet day certainly wont hurt you so long as you don't gain too much weight. I wouldn't expect more than 5-7lbs at the most though

Clifford Gillmore
11-05-2009, 05:19 PM
I was going through Power Eating last night and Susan quoted studies where athletes were taking creating with carbs upto 4 times per day, but the effective muscle absorbtion rate was lowered after a few weeks - only 2 serves per day were needed to keep the muslcles saturated (muscle biopsy results).

Its definately cool to see that the whole stigma of 5g per day is enough is pretty much bunk!

mchicia1
11-06-2009, 02:48 PM
I used results in the AM then right before my workout and hit 3 PR's that day.

ScottYard
11-06-2009, 06:50 PM
I weighed in today at 275 even. the results really packed some water on me witch I like for meet day. Good advice. Ill be sure to take 2 opticen servings after the squat and bench