PDA

View Full Version : Inzer Phenom 2-ply blow-out

floridaOwl62
11-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Curious?..I recently obtained an Inzer Phenom open back Dbl. ply shirt and have used it perhaps 5-6 times. Each time I've applied some water to the chest plate/arm seam areas and have only been working 3-4 board lockouts.
Tonight in an effort to do some form work I got in the smith machine, centered the bar where I would normally touch and set it for about an 3-4 board height for bottoming out. I performed sets up to 475 and that's when it blew out and ripped straight down the neckline...I've heard of blow-outs but I guess I'm surprised that a 'new' shirt with only 5-8 times of usage has had this occur.... does anyone have experience with Inzer and if they'll stand behind it? or I am out $$ for this shirt???:drooling:

Travis Bell
11-05-2009, 06:09 PM
I would call Inzer and talk to them about it. I'm sure they'll send you a new one.

Why would you be doing shirt work in a smith machine though?

vdizenzo
11-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Was it a regular Phenom or a Super Duper Phenom?

floridaOwl62
11-05-2009, 06:28 PM
It was a regular dbl. ply phenom..... I was attempting to get some work on my proper form and in my current gym finding someone to spot me is like trying to grow rice on asphalt.... just isn't happening... thus I was in the smith machine, with the bar positioned as I would touch and working at a level equilavent to 3-4 boards.... thinking it would at minimum give me some form work since it's been a long time for me benching... I've had shoulder surgery and had really gotten away from flat benching.

Travis Bell
11-05-2009, 06:52 PM
It was a regular dbl. ply phenom..... I was attempting to get some work on my proper form and in my current gym finding someone to spot me is like trying to grow rice on asphalt.... just isn't happening... thus I was in the smith machine, with the bar positioned as I would touch and working at a level equilavent to 3-4 boards.... thinking it would at minimum give me some form work since it's been a long time for me benching... I've had shoulder surgery and had really gotten away from flat benching.

Benching in the smith may have contributed because rather than allowing you to direct the bar in the groove of the shirt, the smith forced the bar to go out of the shirts groove and just eventually pulled it apart.

Really wouldn't recommend benching in a smith. It's not going to help you at all.

Are you wearing a shirt in an effort to get ready for a powerlifting meet, or just to protect your shoulder?

endymion88
11-05-2009, 07:54 PM
i dunno but i wouldn't tell inzer you were benching in a smith with it :P

SEOINAGE
11-05-2009, 07:57 PM
I am just surprised you are using a smith machine with a powerlifting shirt on.

deeder
11-05-2009, 08:05 PM
I would have laughed you out of the gym if I saw you benching with a double ply shirt in the smith machine.

SEOINAGE
11-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Tonight in an effort to do some form work I got in the smith machine:

Not trying to be rude or rub it in, but how do you work form in a smith?

Brian Hopper
11-05-2009, 08:29 PM
That sucks, I hope it works out for you!!!

gopostal42
11-05-2009, 10:21 PM
double phenoms without a super collar have a vast history of blowing out. get one with the collar on it and you'll be golden

floridaOwl62
11-06-2009, 05:07 AM
I would have laughed you out of the gym if I saw you benching with a double ply shirt in the smith machine.

Thanks!...your response is greatly appreciated...come on down and work out with me... as you laugh at me...please excuse me if I fall down and roll around like I have a Grandma seizure.....but gosh that's some pretty impressive #'s you list there...WOW..I am impressed.:hello:

deeder
11-06-2009, 05:41 AM
Thanks!...your response is greatly appreciated...come on down and work out with me... as you laugh at me...please excuse me if I fall down and roll around like I have a Grandma seizure.....but gosh that's some pretty impressive #'s you list there...WOW..I am impressed.:hello:

Your double ply smith bench really impressed me ;)

cpa5oh
11-06-2009, 07:05 AM
What's a grandma seizure? :moon:

I'm new to gear...I see Titan has at least a year warranty on their stuff...does Inzer not have any kind of warranty? (Don't see warranty info with the Metal stuff either.)

Brian Hopper
11-06-2009, 07:51 AM
I haven't seen anything on the Inzer website, but I'm sure they will do something about it.

Travis Bell
11-06-2009, 08:22 AM

grand mal seizure.....

And he does have a point, benching in a smith is worthless

floridaOwl62
11-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Your double ply smith bench really impressed me ;)

Cool!...I hope one day I can bench like you...:boring:.

floridaOwl62
11-06-2009, 02:23 PM
grand mal seizure.....

And he does have a point, benching in a smith is worthless

Awesome.:clap:

thesmalllifter
11-06-2009, 04:05 PM
phenoms seem to sound like bad news i know someone whose single ply had a blowout

OGROK
11-06-2009, 04:08 PM
When I was at Detroit Barbell they put me in some suped-up Inzer Phenom shirt and I got like 80lbs out of it, first time in a shirt ever, and not even sized for me. It prob. I gotta agree with Travis, it's probably cuz of the smith machine...

deeder
11-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Cool!...I hope one day I can bench like you...:boring:.

Throw on a single ply shirt, lift in the IPF and bench with some free-weights and maybe someday you will...

Until then you'll be the unknown loser trolling forums for fun. :ninja:

I think a mod should lock this thread... He's even ignoring good advice. I thought troll the minute I read the first post...

joey54
11-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Not a bad idea Deeder.