View Full Version : SERIOUSLY getting irritated with diet
04-27-2002, 07:38 PM
Oh man, I can't stand it. I'm like SO hungry right now and I can't just indulge in the box of Krispy Kreme sitting in my kitched right now. That's fine but I also can't go to In N Out or Subway or Taco Bell and just get whatever I want. It's this kind of stuff that always makes me break my diet when I try to get it going. Calorie counting gets to my head and bothers me because I have to watch like everything I eat. Damn this!!
Even ground beef has high fat. :cry: And I know not eating is even worse but hell, if I eat one of those fast food things, I'm just going to be swallowing all that fat.
Here are some tips:
1. Are you bulking or cutting? Make sure you've correctly figured out your calorie requirements and decided what percetage carbohydrate/protein/fat you're going to have.
2. If you're hungry, try to get more fiber in your diet. It is filling and helps the digestive system. Salads of fresh veggies and grilled chicken are also quite filling. Appetite suppressants like xenadrine would also help. Get regular, small meals about 6 times a day, with a good balance of protein/fat/carbs.
3. Don't be afraid of fat. It should make up 20-30% of your calories.
4. You can make your own ground beef by putting top round or sirloin steak through a meat grinder.
5. Learn some quick, easy recipes (ex. omelets) and get easy snacks like string cheese if you need something small to eat.
6. You don't have to "watch" everything. Once you get into a pattern of eating 6 times a day and have worked out a number of healthy, small meals you could whip up in a flash to choose from, it gets a lot easier.
When in doubt, eat some chicken. :)
04-27-2002, 09:40 PM
Usually you can get something at least moderately healthy from most fast-food joints. Plus they usually have little nutritional pamplets telling you the exact macronutrient breakdown and calories of the food.
04-28-2002, 03:32 AM
If you have to go to a FF joint just make sure that you count the cals in your daily diet.
Also, maybe you should set 1 or 2 meals a week where you can eat whatever you want. That is what I do and it works great for me. Also, that way, I make sure that the one bad meal I get is worth it. I go to an Italian food place or pizza.
I love to count my calories because I feel good when I am doing great. Also, once you get used to eating 6 clean meals a day that one FF meal you will be full a lot faster. I have been dieting for 6 weeks and ate a burger and fries the other night and I thought I was going to explode. I used to eat an X-large fries and 2 burgers.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.