PDA

View Full Version : Barr91's Fitness Log

Barr91
11-07-2009, 01:20 PM
A little about me.

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 175

Training Time: About 2 years

I was pretty weak as a teen through high school even though I was training on a daily basis. Not properly though as I like to think I do now.

I always had problems with weight as a child growing up even with all the biking, running, and random adventures you have growing up. I was outside all the time but weight about 240lbs until about grade 10 when I began to finally lose some weight. Went down to 200 in a year and since then lost more bringing me to 185/190 before summer this year.

Here's me last October...

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae4/codydbarr/OCT08.jpg

Pretty gross looking back now. Here's me in August this year.

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae4/codydbarr/SEP09.jpg

Heres me now. Taken today.

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae4/codydbarr/NOV73.jpg

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae4/codydbarr/NOV72.jpg

Not bad for being sick for the last 2 weeks and not eatting anything or working out.

I'm currently doing SS on Mon/Wed/Fri and my own workout on Tues/Thursday. Planning on just doing SS in the future though as I end up being really tired with school and heavy weight lifting 5 times a week. Also have a part time job so that makes thing more complicated. Not to mention I also have slight insomnia so sleeping is limited to 5 hours or less every single night.

Anyways I'll be updating on a daily basis.

Barr91
11-07-2009, 06:09 PM
So here's what I've been doing the past week. I also be including my hours slept (Always wanted an excuse to track them) and caloric intake if possible.

Monday: (Slept 9 hours)
BenchPress 135
Squats 150
DeadLift 155

Wednesday: (Slept 6 hours)
BenchPress 140
Squats 135 (Legs were so very sore from Monday, probably because I never did squats before)
DeadLift 160

Friday: (Slept 4 hours)
BenchPress 140
Squats 155 (Legs better but still not gutsy to increase too much)
DeadLift 160

I know its not proper to do the same 3 each week but I will be changing it to the program below. Also wanting to add 5lbs to bench press each session, 10lbs to dead lift, and 5-10lbs to squats. All are if my body permits it. I don't work with a spotter so I'm playing it safe right now. I'm working out at my high school gym in a fitness class so all the kids are not reliable to be spotters.

Practical Programming Novice Program:

Monday
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench press / Press (Alternating)
Chin-ups: 3 sets to failure or add weight if completing more than 15 reps

Wednesday
3x5 Squat
3x5 Press / Bench Press (Alternating)
1x5 Deadlift

Friday
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press / Press (Alternating)
Pull-ups: 3 sets to failure or add weight if completing more than 15 reps

dave1234
11-08-2009, 07:07 AM
Hey. Bravo for posting the pics. I'm chicken, afraid an ex girlfriend might track me down and want money or something :)

I've been lifting awhile, but just started the SS. I'm doing the practical like you, but altering it a little so that I can lift on consecutive days.
From what I see here, you really need to sleep more, that's when most of your muscle gain is done.

Good luck,
dave

Barr91
11-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Today (6 hours sleep last night)

All done in 3sx5r

BP 155 (Surprised myself with +15 since last week!):)
OH Press 130 (Sub for Squats)
DeadLift 185 (Was kinda easy, need to up to 200 soon)
Pullups bw 10 (Added in for extra)

Weight was 177. Happy to see I'm gaining a little. Couldn't do squats today because someone had broke the cage sides so one didn't have the ability to support anything at all incase of emergency. Grr. Hopefully fixed by Wednesday.

Barr91
11-11-2009, 05:37 PM
November 11
Slept 6 hours

BP 155
DL 205 :)
Squats 185 but need to decrease weight as form is messed up. Only going 3/4 down.

Barr91
01-14-2010, 06:36 PM
****! Last update on here was in November...

Umm...

Okay so I've gained 6lbs since then and have changed my workout a couple of times since then. Doing:

1. Chest/biceps
2. Back/triceps
3. Legs/shoulders

I'm done school next Wednesday so I need to find a new gym to go to... Any recommendations for Ottawa, Ontario?

Also raised my bench max to 205. Tested it out today which was sweet. I'll update more in the future just lots of school related crap right now.