PDA

View Full Version : Westside bench press manual vs. EFS

Ripe1
11-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Hello people. Does someone have both the WSB and the EFS bench press manuals? I was wondering if there were any significant differences between them. I have the EFS manual so would there be a lot of different things to learn from the Westside manual.

NickAus
11-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Hello people. Does someone have both the WSB and the EFS bench press manuals? I was wondering if there were any significant differences between them. I have the EFS manual so would there be a lot of different things to learn from the Westside manual.

If I were you I would buy Dave Tates bench press book, it will be easier to undersatand and help you with your training more.

Travis Bell
11-08-2009, 03:16 PM

There are indeed some simlarties, but there are some fundamental differences between the books as well.

I would encourage you to purchase both. Louie's books really aren't hard to understand at all IMO

NickAus
11-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Yep buy both!

Good idea.

robchris
11-08-2009, 03:28 PM
WSB... Nuff said.

Got my bench way up in the past year!!! 40+lbs.!!!

chris mason
11-08-2009, 05:10 PM
The Westside bench press manual is available on www.atlargenutrition.com.

I personally like it the most of any of Louie's books. Well written with a LOT of information, routines etc.

NickAus
11-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Can I buy it in ebook form?

KarlMarx
11-08-2009, 06:02 PM
The Bench Press Manual is _much_ better organized and straightforward compared to the Book of Methods. I read the Book of Methods as basically being for somebody who is already educated about powerlifting and has a strong base of knowledge. The Bench Press Manual has good depth while providing better context and overall coherence. I don't think that there is much you need that is not in the manual besides experience and experimentation. (Which no book can do for you anyway).

Travis Bell
11-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Can I buy it in ebook form?

No, Louie does not sell his book in ebook form.

Mostly because he probably doesn't know how to do that lol.

NickAus
11-08-2009, 08:35 PM
No, Louie does not sell his book in ebook form.

Mostly because he probably doesn't know how to do that lol.

I want it but the shipping charges.........maybe when I order some more ETS.

bald bull
11-08-2009, 08:39 PM
i want a good book to lay out a few Powerlifting programs, cycles,templates and percents for all the major lifts what book do you recommend? I am mainly looking to use straight weight with some boards and bands involved for benching.