PDA

View Full Version : Powerlifting Underwear

KarlMarx
11-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Yep, I'm serious. The subject _is_ powerlifting underwear. I have been lifting in tighties and as my thighs have blown up from squats I get some serious chafing from my undies--mostly between the legs.

What do all you wear who have legs that have gotten big enough to put some serious pressure between each other as you walk and lift? Even my boxers don't fit right anymore as they are really tight around my legs, almost like those long tighties--sport tighties?

I know this is silly but I'm dying over here. And ideas?

dynamo
11-08-2009, 07:29 PM
i wear the hanes boxer breifs. After a few washes the elastic in the leg gives out since my legs are big and they work fine for dead lifting squatting and walking. I get the ones that are mid length though, if you get the ones that are like tighty whitey boxer shorts they tend to ride up the leg.

vdizenzo
11-08-2009, 08:10 PM
UnderArmour boxer briefs. You will never want to wear a different pair of undies. They are expensive, but worth every penny.

BigTallOx
11-08-2009, 08:37 PM
UnderArmour boxer briefs. You will never want to wear a different pair of undies. They are expensive, but worth every penny.

Yup.

BigRic
11-08-2009, 08:50 PM
I'd say just get some compression shorts. I couldn't imagine working out in regular cotton underwear again.

KarlMarx
11-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the replies, I'll have to look into those. My friend, who is similar in size (6'2" 235 lbs.) wears some Calvin Klein sport deals that he swears by. Are the under armour cotton sport briefs or are they some exotic material? The calvins look almost like the elastic type rash guard shirts that people wear to the gym.

getting there
11-09-2009, 08:29 AM
Compression shorts FTW! I cannot imagine lifting in anything else. I cannot tell you how many pairs of briefs I ripped back in the day.

Tim K
11-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Another vote for compression shorts for lifting and Under Amour Boxer Briefs for daily wear.

JSully
11-09-2009, 09:35 AM

yep.. I get the long ones that go down to about 3" above my knees

Hazerboy
11-09-2009, 11:29 AM
boxers, bitches.

KarstenDD
11-09-2009, 11:35 AM
I prefer thongs.

KarlMarx
11-09-2009, 01:01 PM
I knew this topic would hit thongs before long...But that's a whole new kind of chafing I don't want to explore.

I ordered some under armour and I appreciate the tips. If they don't cut it at the gym I'll go to the compression shorts next. The under armour are about $20 each, so they are pricey but keeping the skin on my body (where it belongs) is a priority so I got them.

Any recommendations on who you all get compression shorts from? The seams in most standard clothes just tear me up now. Those flat stitch ones are nice--but I hvae no idea where to look for that in compression shorts...