PDA

View Full Version : I want the provincial squat record

BFGUITAR
11-09-2009, 08:27 PM
The IPF squat record here in Ontario is 551lbs for the 82.5kg junior class. This is something doable for me... I think. I am 21 right now and have until 23 years of age. My biggest squat right now was 441 in competition. Is it a reasonable goal to break the record in 1.5 years? I REALLY want this. After juniors I feel attaining a record will be a lot more difficult. Of course by the time I can squat 551 the record might very well be higher... that is fine. I will just work harder.

I just had a little fight with mono destroying my energy and muscle mass. I haven't been this motivated to lift in a long time despite never being this weak in ages. I can clean up my diet more and really focus on a good routine. With hard work and determination is this truly possible? I don't want to set myself up for failure but I also want to aim high. What do you guys think?

danmac
11-09-2009, 08:34 PM
The IPF squat record here in Ontario is 551lbs for the 82.5kg junior class. This is something doable for me... I think. I am 21 right now and have until 23 years of age. My biggest squat right now was 441 in competition. Is it a reasonable goal to break the record in 1.5 years? I REALLY want this. After juniors I feel attaining a record will be a lot more difficult. Of course by the time I can squat 551 the record might very well be higher... that is fine. I will just work harder.

I just had a little fight with mono destroying my energy and muscle mass. I haven't been this motivated to lift in a long time despite never being this weak in ages. I can clean up my diet more and really focus on a good routine. With hard work and determination is this truly possible? I don't want to set myself up for failure but I also want to aim high. What do you guys think?

You can smash that man! For sure. No doubt in my mind. Stay consistent and work at it. Whats the 90kg record, in two years with hard training you might be up a weight class.

Just stay the hell away from my new bench record.

NickAus
11-09-2009, 08:37 PM
YES!

bald bull
11-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Def attainable bro. Jusat break it down into small goals like 475 then 500lbs, etc ya know?

BFGUITAR
11-09-2009, 08:40 PM
You can smash that man! For sure. No doubt in my mind. Stay consistent and work at it. Whats the 90kg record, in two years with hard training you might be up a weight class.

Just stay the hell away from my new bench record.

It's 272kg...so 600lbs. That is a bit more ambitious for sure. And no worries I have come to terms that I will never have a bench record haha.

NickAus
11-09-2009, 08:55 PM
It's 272kg...so 600lbs. That is a bit more ambitious for sure. And no worries I have come to terms that I will never have a bench record haha.

My bench was my worst lift now it's my best.

BFGUITAR
11-09-2009, 09:10 PM
My bench was my worst lift now it's my best.

I hope that isn't because your squat and deadlift dropped!
I have learned a lot about benching when I trained with the PLers. Hopefully with time it will pay off.

JSully
11-10-2009, 08:49 AM
I think you'll be good for 575 or even 6 in a year and a half.. just train smart, consistent and stay healthy..