PDA

View Full Version : finally ordering briefs...

thewicked
11-10-2009, 12:04 PM
getting some from ken anderson...but had a few questions about training in them.

You guys feel that squatting in briefs for heavy sets (even if it helps wiht rep work) helped your raw squat? I need a 600lb squat but my hips don't like the heavy and high rep sets that I do which is what is getting me into briefs. I figured the CNS conditioning along with the muscular response I'll get from them should help me push into the 600's.

How often should you train in them? When should you put them on during sets? They will be single ply loose briefs so I hope it'll be a solid investment.

Lones Green
11-10-2009, 12:21 PM
I think you could train in single ply, loose briefs just about all the time and see carryover to your raw squat. A light brief should help with your hips.

I've squatted in loose multi ply briefs for most of my work, and my raw squat has gotten a lot stronger. I don't care to test it, but I know it has.

Just experiment around with them and see how you like training with them. Who knows, maybe we have a gear whore in an early stage :clown:

thewicked
11-10-2009, 12:28 PM
LMAO

i can see that coming already and the totals I could potentially put up in single ply would give me a pretty nasty total.

mastermonster
11-11-2009, 09:01 PM
I trained in briefs and or suited all year until the last two weeks before the APF Georgia last month. I did a Raw PR squat of 650 in the meet. My raw squat definately increased working in the briefs.

Lencho
11-12-2009, 07:50 AM
Are you getting the briefs with or without legs?

I got the boxer briefs from Ken. I love 'em. I never tested a raw max, but during my last training cycle, my last raw warmup before putting on the briefs or suit was 425-445. It seemed to get easier and easier each time, so I'm sure my raw squat has increased.

ScottYard
11-12-2009, 12:42 PM
When i was in heavy gear my Raw box squat increased, but my Raw full squat never budged. it probably went down for the most part. Whats your goal. If its Raw. Try bringing your stance in for training then taking it out at the meet. Also increase your hip mobility and try other prehab things before getting briefs on.