PDA

View Full Version : Another refeed/cheat day question

JazzCatDRP
11-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey everyone,
I've searched and read extensively on this subject of refeeding, but still can't quite get a direct answer to my question. I apologize for cluttering the board with yet another refeed thread.

I've been cutting for a few months. I'm 6'1" and a still slightly chubby 200 lbs. My calories daily are 2000-2500, with my macros fluttering around F: 50-60 C: 200-250 P:190-230.

I've gone the last two weeks without deviating at all from my diet (which is nothing for some of you, but in the past has been absolutely killer for me). I'm thinking I need a cheat day/weekend this weekend to keep myself sane and re-energize myself mentally.

I'd prefer to do this with some structure, rather than go nuts with pizza and burgers, but I don't know if a carb refeed would really do me much good, as my carbs aren't very low daily. Any advice on how to go about this so as to do as little damage to my diet, yet still keep myself sane?

Wayward
11-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Obviously just an opinion, but: Eat something moderately healthy that you enjoy and don't worry about it.

I think you're sweating it too much. :)

Unless you massively pig out you probably aren't going to do much/any damage whatsoever since you are so consistent otherwise. Don't get out of hand with it and don't eat trash, and you'll probably end up feeling pretty good afterward.

Invain
11-10-2009, 10:02 PM
You shouldn't need a refeed with 200 grams cho a day. I'd say definitely take a cheat day, but don't worry about macros much. Eat whatever you're craving, just don't go insanely over-board with the cals. Besides keeping you sane, eating above maintenance will boost your metabolism, something you'll definitely need after 2 weeks.