PDA

View Full Version : Reverse band deadlift work

str8flexed
11-10-2009, 09:24 PM
reverse band deadlifts 725 X 3 & 765 X 2

not sure how good that is since I've never done them before and obviously the bands take weight off.

McfjZ-ae6xk

I've done some tweaking of my form and I think i'm going to stop dive bombing into my deadlifts. I feel much more solid when I just crouched down near the bar and explode up (kind of like how Konstantinovis does... but not nearly as beastly LOL)

-Layne

thewicked
11-10-2009, 10:22 PM
hard to say...

best advice is to snag a dumbbell through the band and see how much weight it takes to barely keep it touching the floor. That's the best way I've been able to guess on bands.

From the looks the bands you're using and the tension they keep throughout your pull I'd say around 80 to 100lbs off the bottom

blownby
11-12-2009, 08:07 AM
Good stuff...those deads are awesome! Form looks great to!

I usually setup the bands to basically have no load when i am fully upright. So like maybe 10-15# off the top. And depending on which band & how streched will vary at the bottom. I usually use average band, it seems to take about 120#'s off the bottom. As it usually takes about 135# to get it to the floor.

Brian Hopper
11-12-2009, 08:23 AM
Great video, I love doing reverse band deadlifts!!!

Sean S
11-12-2009, 08:27 AM
What I've learned over the years is that I can't make any concrete correlation between what I can do with bands or reverse bands and straight weight. All you can do is set it up the same way every time so you can see if you are getting stronger with a particular band set-up. You can also track over time if getting stonger with the rev band DL actually yields an increase in your regular DL.
Obviously you're pretty strong, but I wouldn't worry about comparing your rev band DL to anyone but yourself.

Hazerboy
11-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Obviously you're pretty strong, but I wouldn't worry about comparing your rev band DL to anyone but yourself.

agreed. just keep your setup constant.

I should see you at the AAPF Illinois raw challange btw. What weight class are you competing in?

str8flexed
11-16-2009, 12:11 PM
thanks guys. I am about 233 right now and start my cut in 3 days to make 220. I plan to get to 226 by the week of the meet so I'll have an easy deplete to make 220 :)

I'm really looking forward to this meet!