PDA

View Full Version : Rectal bleeding day after squatting

jmccown
11-12-2009, 08:29 AM
I've noticed that every week the day after I squat I have rectal bleeding whenever I take a crap. I don't think I have hemorrhoids unless they are internal. Yesterday I had a pretty serious episode and it's got me concerned a bit. Is this pretty common? I hate to post something like this but dang it has me worried now.

ehubbard
11-12-2009, 08:35 AM
I think a mild case is normal every once in a while, but a lot of blood is probably something you may want to get checked out. Get ready for a colonoscopy. including not eating for a long period the day before, crapping your brains out the night before, and probably a nice headache and general sense of misery the day of.

Mercuryblade
11-12-2009, 10:06 AM
I've noticed that every week the day after I squat I have rectal bleeding whenever I take a crap. I don't think I have hemorrhoids unless they are internal. Yesterday I had a pretty serious episode and it's got me concerned a bit. Is this pretty common? I hate to post something like this but dang it has me worried now.

What level of bleeding are we talking about?

Beverly McD.
11-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Don't let the thought of a colonoscopy scare you away from the doctor's office.
At least consider going in to a red bloodcell count done (they just pull a small vial of blood with a needle, "just a little stick"). If your iron levels/red cell count are low it will show up in the bloodwork and that will be a clue that you're losing enough blood to be concerned about.

Sean S
11-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Get it checked out. It's likely not any big deal, but there's a chance it could be more serious. I would want to rule out any serious problems for my own peace of mind.
Just out of curiosity, it your diet different or do you use different supplements on your SQ day that you don't normally use on other days?

EmptyBarbell
11-12-2009, 06:35 PM
I had a similar issue... first question the doc asked was if the blood was bright red or dark?... bright red indicates external bleeding versus darker indicates internal as I was advised. for me . mine was bright red.. thus a hemi was detected!.. I tried the hemi ointments which made it go away.. but it does come and create small blood smears on the paper ....

jmccown
11-13-2009, 09:22 AM
This was very bright red. So it's probably an internal hem.

natediesel
11-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Mine's dark red. I did a colonoscopy and doc said nothing was wrong that he could see. Did blood work and it came out ok. I haven't NOT seen blood when I take a crap since like 8 years ago. FML.

Magilla
11-13-2009, 10:14 AM
I had it happen coupla years ago. Mostly likely a hemerrhoid. He will probably give you a quick "review".

PeteTheGreek
11-14-2009, 10:06 AM
If it's bright red and shows up on the paper when you wipe, it's either hemmorrhoids(sp?) or an anal fissure. An anal fissure is a cut that never really fully heals. I've been battling an anal fissure on and off for 15 plus years. I'll usually have an episode if I'm not getting enough fiber in my diet.

bass slayer
11-17-2009, 03:44 PM
Are you extremely constipated?

Once a long time ago I was extremely constipated for some reason and it hurt like hell to drop a deuce. One of the worst pains Ive had. I saw some blood in my stool and on the toilet paper. Scared the crap out of me. Ever since then Ive made sure to get enough fiber in my diet. Never happend again.