PDA

View Full Version : Six weeks bulking progress

powderdog
11-15-2009, 03:27 AM
Ok guys so heres my 6 weeks bulking progress.
Im happy with the result so far, I think I have added some mass during those six weeks.

You guys told me to train legs for a better result in the upper body, so I have been squating once aweek now for 6 weeks. Legs are looking ok?

Alexm4601
11-15-2009, 05:28 AM
wow looks like youve put on a lot of mass in 6 weeks, how much weight have you put on ?

DavyRen
11-15-2009, 08:21 AM
Massive improvement, you've made great gains in such a short space of time.

What the hell you been eating???

powderdog
11-15-2009, 08:21 AM
wow looks like youve put on a lot of mass in 6 weeks, how much weight have you put on ?

Thanks man, I have gone from 166 to 204, so 40 ibs in six weeks:eek:

powderdog
11-15-2009, 08:25 AM
Massive improvement, you've made great gains in such a short space of time.

What the hell you been eating???

Thanks dude!

Diet have looked like this:

Carbs mainly from: oats and pasta and milk.

Protein mainley from: eggs, tuna, quark, milk and whey protein.

Fat mainly from: eggs and milk.

kalori intake: 3500-4000 (I have a desk job)

Supplements: Whey protein and creatine monohydrates.

AnotherNumber
11-15-2009, 10:02 AM
on 4k/day you must have awesome genetics. Props, you look great!

LuNa
11-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Thanks man, I have gone from 166 to 204, so 40 ibs in six weeks:eek:

Wow, that is crazy. If i would do that i would be fat as hell. Nice work!

Girn26
11-15-2009, 10:37 PM
this is bull****.. putting on 40lb in 6 weeks would result in 2-3lb max in muscle gain without roids.. the rest would be fat.. you have been bulking a lot longer then that

LuNa
11-16-2009, 01:03 AM
this is bull****.. putting on 40lb in 6 weeks would result in 2-3lb max in muscle gain without roids.. the rest would be fat.. you have been bulking a lot longer then that

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129348

Thats the moment he started bulking. It sounds unreal but im just going to go with it.

twm
11-16-2009, 04:47 AM
awesome job man, much thicker.

powderdog
11-16-2009, 08:26 AM
on 4k/day you must have awesome genetics. Props, you look great!

Thanks man! yeah, I belive im lucky when it comes to the genetics.

Wow, that is crazy. If i would do that i would be fat as hell. Nice work!

Thanks man, glad to hear!

Nope, I have no clue how much of the 40ibs ive put on is muscle, but i would say its more than 2-3ibs.
Just be super dedicated, do everything right and have good genetics and things start to happend pretty fast. And ofcourse im natural!

wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129348

Thats the moment he started bulking. It sounds unreal but im just going to go with it.

Thanks man, like the sound of unreal!

awesome job man, much thicker.

Thx bro!

powderdog
11-18-2009, 11:17 AM
Are the legs ok? You guys overtalked me to train them, so i have been doing squats once aweek now.

twm
11-18-2009, 11:48 AM
theyre ok... not great but certainly not bad

vector18
11-18-2009, 09:12 PM
keep up the good work

ZenMonkey
11-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Squat more....?

Unholy
11-19-2009, 10:25 AM
Good work but be careful. You could have "bulked" on way less cals and put on the same few lbs of muscle without 30lbs of fat.

AKMass
11-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Something isn't right...Gaining 40 lbs in six weeks translates to ~6 2/3 lbs per week. So the caloric surplus would have to be 23,333 calories per week. You stated you were eating between 3500-4000 calories per day. 4000 cals a day is 28000 per week, and since 23,333 cals were used to gain weight, your maintenance has to be less than 666 calories. Unless kalori<>calorie, either you are satan or just wrong.

powderdog
11-19-2009, 03:29 PM
theyre ok... not great but certainly not bad

Well, guess I have to put in some more exercises than just squats

keep up the good work

Will do!

Good work but be careful. You could have "bulked" on way less cals and put on the same few lbs of muscle without 30lbs of fat.

I dont think that i have put on 30 ibs of fat. becasue the 40 ibs I have gained is not all mass, lots is fluid.

Something isn't right...Gaining 40 lbs in six weeks translates to ~6 2/3 lbs per week. So the caloric surplus would have to be 23,333 calories per week. You stated you were eating between 3500-4000 calories per day. 4000 cals a day is 28000 per week, and since 23,333 cals were used to gain weight, your maintenance has to be less than 666 calories. Unless kalori<>calorie, either you are satan or just wrong.

Before i started my bulk i was on a non carb diet, my body was empty of glucose and water. I got on my bulk, started to eat ALOT of carbs=refilling my glucose depots and binding lots of water, 1g of carbs bounds 2,7g of water. On top of that i started taking creatine.

So your math is right if you count on 40ibs of pure mass, and thats not the case.

galileo
11-19-2009, 03:36 PM
I dont think that i have put on 30 ibs of fat. becasue the 40 ibs I have gained is not all mass, lots is fluid.

Let's be realistic. 6 weeks @ 40lbs is 6.67lbs a week. Take out 25% of it for water if you want and get 5lb/week. The "standard" from studies for max muscle gain a week without anabolics is 0.5lb of LBM. Not 5, one half. So, if you're not on AAS, you likely put on 3lbs of muscle, 27lbs of fat, and 10lbs of water. If you are on AAS, you likely got closer to a 50/50 split, which is still 15lbs of fat that could've decreased by strategically increasing calories.

Invain
11-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Fat can be very deceiving, I have a feeling many people underestimate their bf% or the amount of fat they gain on bulks.

If you were eating no carbs prior to bulking I could see a quick 10 - 15 pound increase from refilling glycogen stores and water. If you've never taken creatine before then that could account for another 5 pounds of water or so.

Brian999
11-19-2009, 10:40 PM
Fat can be very deceiving, I have a feeling many people underestimate their bf% or the amount of fat they gain on bulks.

If you were eating no carbs prior to bulking I could see a quick 10 - 15 pound increase from refilling glycogen stores and water. If you've never taken creatine before then that could account for another 5 pounds of water or so.

Nice work OP, good quad development.

I agree with this, when I first started I gained 30lbs soo quickly. Like Invain said Im sure it was from the creatine, extra water for the creatine, and all the carbs.

Unholy
11-20-2009, 08:13 AM
Ah if you were depleted and stuff before hand that makes a big difference. I would still be weary of 20lbs of mass gain in 6 weeks. Just lookin out for you in the long term homie.

Keep lifting hard. Your certainly headed in the right direction!

imc_1121
11-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Ah if you were depleted and stuff before hand that makes a big difference. I would still be weary of 20lbs of mass gain in 6 weeks. Just lookin out for you in the long term homie.

Keep lifting hard. Your certainly headed in the right direction!

Is it dangerous to gain that much mass in a 6 week period? What long term side effects does it have?

tomv
11-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Is it dangerous to gain that much mass in a 6 week period? What long term side effects does it have?

I think Paul may have been more worried about excessive fat gain along with LBM as opposed to any detrimental effects on general health & wellbeing. Correct me if I'm wrong Paulywally.

Invain
11-20-2009, 02:58 PM

Not really dangerous, although I wouldn't consider gaining a couple pounds of fat per week healthy either.

The point is, it's just not worth it. You can only make so much skeletal muscle a week naturally (depending on genetics of course). Obviously any weight you're gaining over this limit is going to be water and fat. Contrary to popular belief eating 10k calories a day and gaining 5 pounds a week isn't going to make your muscles grow any faster.

chris mason
11-20-2009, 08:17 PM

Using formulas like the above is bunk. It is NOT accurate. First, he did not gain all muscle. Next, you don't need 3,500 surplus calories per week to add that much muscle. In a nutshell, the process is MUCH more complex than your simplistic calculations above.

chris mason
11-20-2009, 08:19 PM
Let's be realistic. 6 weeks @ 40lbs is 6.67lbs a week. Take out 25% of it for water if you want and get 5lb/week. The "standard" from studies for max muscle gain a week without anabolics is 0.5lb of LBM. Not 5, one half. So, if you're not on AAS, you likely put on 3lbs of muscle, 27lbs of fat, and 10lbs of water. If you are on AAS, you likely got closer to a 50/50 split, which is still 15lbs of fat that could've decreased by strategically increasing calories.

The studies you are referencing certainly are not the end-all of what is possible.

chris mason
11-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Man, I lol at many of the comments in this thread. The guy gained a lot of weight. He stated he was essentially depleted prior to beginning his bulk. If he had been on a low carb diet he had obviously lost body weight and muscle, thus some of his progress was simply building back muscle he previously had.

What he did is totally believable to me. He will not continue to progress like that if he continues to bulk as the closer one gets to one's natural potential, the slower things get. With decent heredity, proper training, and a caloric surplus a trainee should be able to approach their limit for natural size pretty quickly. After that it is slow going.

Unholy
11-20-2009, 09:17 PM
The studies you are referencing certainly are not the end-all of what is possible.

No, they are actually VERY generous over estimations of what could be done over an extended period of time.

I would be absolutely THRILLED to gain 25lbs of stage weight in a year of bulking. But no matter how many birthday candles I blow out and wishes I make, its not going to happen. Even under the most ideal conditions.

Chris Aceto has time and time again stated that a natural athlete that has already gotten their "newbie gains" can only add 6-10lbs of true LBM a year.

Alan Aragon, same thing.

There's a reason most amateur natty BBers take a good 2 year offseason to move up one weight class.

Theres always exceptions to the rule obviously. **** I hope to be one of them.

james_w8lifter
11-23-2009, 08:28 PM
40lbs in 6 weeks is amazing even if it is mostly fat and water. You definitely still look somewhat lean. I would like to see a front pic before and after.

james_w8lifter
11-23-2009, 08:39 PM
40lbs in 6 weeks is amazing even if it is mostly fat and water. You definitely still look somewhat lean. I would like to see a front pic before and after.

powderdog
11-24-2009, 08:25 AM

avatar pic is before and the leg pic is a full body front.

OGROK
11-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Nice work brother **** the haters

omniprez
12-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Good Job man!!