PDA

View Full Version : Water intake

hardBODmiranda
11-15-2009, 04:42 AM
Just wanna know your thoughts on how much water you should take in? I am the kind or person who just drinks when I am thirsty and I also make sure that my pee is at least clear. Is this good enough?

Tom Mutaffis
11-15-2009, 08:09 AM
If you only drink water when you are thirsty then there is a chance that you are not getting enough fluids.

For most individuals who weight train the standard is typically 1 gallon of water per day. There can be some variance for lighter individuals (less water), or those with very active lifestyles such as those who work outdoors (more water is needed).

ratagysd
11-15-2009, 11:37 PM
I think this is enough .....
I do agree with you. Those are the most effective way:confused::moon:

Ryumexicano
11-16-2009, 12:21 PM
If you are drinking water when you are thirsty only, that could mean that you are getting your fluids from not very nutritious sources. I would say drink water all the time. Water is vital in this planet for some reason and when you are thirsty it means that your water "source" inside the body has ran out, which also means that the body will start "sucking" water from cells, and other cellular processes that happens, dehydration, etc..

There is also different waters to drink from! Water ingestion won't harm you, so drink a lot of water, especially if you are working out and sweating. That is water lost, so need to get it back in the body.

Note: There is water intoxication, but rare..so drink water :P

:indian:

rbtrout
11-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Typically, if you're thirsty, you could already be 1-2% dehydrated. I keep a gallon jug of water at my desk at work and drink it throughout the day. I end up drinking just over a gallon of water on training days and just under a gallon on non-training days.

chris mason
11-17-2009, 08:33 PM
I have to say I hate the water alarmist stuff that gets perpetuated on the net. The idea that you are dehydrated when you get thirsty is misapplied by most people. If you are in a situation where you are losing water quickly such as exercising in extreme heat, then that idea may be valid, but not when people are simply going through there normal lives.

For the person that created this thread, you sound fine to me.