PDA

View Full Version : powerlifting splits????

Bosshogg300
11-15-2009, 05:59 AM
what is a good powerlifting split that will help specifically increase your bench along with your dead lift?

slashkills
11-15-2009, 09:24 AM
do you squat?

here are some common routines just google any of them and follow it
wendler's 5/3/1
Defranco's westside for skinny bastards 1,2, or 3
strarting strength

gatorman2k6
11-15-2009, 11:01 AM
If you are trying to increase just your bench, look at this site's 30lbs in 30 days routine. I doubt your deadlift will decrease in the 30 days and Chris Mason has said that it is common for it to increase as well.

muscle_g
11-15-2009, 11:03 AM
what is a good powerlifting split that will help specifically increase your bench along with your dead lift?

What is your current split?

robchris
11-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Boss,
We need more info bro... How long have you been training? Are you training for a compettion? If so, how far out are you?

If you're planning on doing a push-pull meet you obviously have to make your BP & DL a priority.

ScottYard
11-16-2009, 04:43 PM
I like to keep mine very simple.

Sun Bench Day, Tues Assistance Day(Upperback, lats, Delts, Biceps), Thursday Squat and Deadlift.

Optimum rest, and since Im not in the gym daily I actually want to be there when I am.

Best thing you can do is to keep in mind what your goal is. To be a powerlifter. We arent bodybuilders.

patos
11-16-2009, 05:01 PM
I have a squat/leg day, a bench/chest day, a deadlift/back day, and a light bench/shoulders+arms day with western periodization. Stands the test of time for raw lifters.

Bosshogg300
11-16-2009, 05:38 PM
i have never done a comp but i have my mind set on doing one this winter sometime i weigh 187 pounds with a max bench of 300 hundred and ive never maxed out with deads but i have done 500 with rack deads for 3 and i am planning on doing just a bench comp but i might do the dead and bench but anyways i want to increase my dead..but heres my split..

Monday- chest tris

heavy dumbell presses
incline bench
incline flys
pushdowns skullcrushers
dips

tuesday- back and shoulders

rack deads
lat pulls
cable rows
lat raises
standing shoulder press

wensday-off

thrusday -legs

box squats
leg presses
leg extentions
hamstring curls
calf raises

friday- triceps biceps

bench press
floor presses
pushdowns
dips
hammercurls
alternating curls
rope curls

Bosshogg300
11-16-2009, 05:42 PM
i just need to find a split that will help increase my strength with bench and deads and my size too

muscle_g
11-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Here's my split

Mon- Squat
Tue- Bench
Wed- Accessory(light active recovery work)
Thu- Deadlifts
Fri- Declines

robchris
11-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Boss,
My routine is very simple as follows:
Mon. Sqt.
Wed. BP
Fri. DL

When I train for a Push/Pull meet the only thing I change is the sqt. I back-off the real hvy. weights about 12-weeks out and focus on 5x5 for the sqt. That allows me to focus more on the DL & technique doing mostly singles, doubles & triples.

Also, add in more lower back work such as, pull-thoughs, hyper ext., good mornings, and hvy. core work/ ab work.
If your slow at lock-out add-in rack pulls, hvy. shrugs, & pulls w/ bands. Back-off the accessory work as you get closer to comp. and work your technique. Maintain the sqt./ leg work but stick w/ 5's or approx. 75-85% 1rm.

Just my .02
Good luck bro!
RC

Bosshogg300
11-17-2009, 05:35 AM
what do you do for other excercises on your bench day and leg day

Bosshogg300
11-17-2009, 05:38 AM
do you do boards bc ive never done them.. or do you do lockouts..or do dumbell presses and incline benchs or speed benchs.. like i said ive never done preperation for a comp and i dont want to f up

robchris
11-17-2009, 05:33 PM
Boss,

I assume you're training RAW since you've just started PL'ing?

Comp. prep is a bit different for raw vs geared... Shot me a PM.

Bosshogg300
11-17-2009, 07:25 PM
well ive been training for sports and im going to play college ball so ive been powerlifting for couple years .. but never concentrated on it like i have now bc im just going to college and no sports... and yes im training raw but i bought a bench shirt awhile ago and never used it much because i didnt know when i was going to do a comp