PDA

View Full Version : Injury

Astreocclu
11-15-2009, 10:55 AM
So im not sure exactly what the problem is, but my back is hurting quite a bit. Ive always had a little bit of a back problem, but nothing like this. There is also a shooting pain down my leg, so i cant stretch my left leg or it hurts my leg and back like hell. What im really asking is 1. If lifting weights doesnt really interfere with it, should i keep doing it until i see a doctor and 2. What are some ways i could help my back (usually stretching helps alot the day that i stretch, but it feels even more painful the next day)

thecoder0
11-15-2009, 11:13 AM
So im not sure exactly what the problem is, but my back is hurting quite a bit. Ive always had a little bit of a back problem, but nothing like this. There is also a shooting pain down my leg, so i cant stretch my left leg or it hurts my leg and back like hell. What im really asking is 1. If lifting weights doesnt really interfere with it, should i keep doing it until i see a doctor and 2. What are some ways i could help my back (usually stretching helps alot the day that i stretch, but it feels even more painful the next day)

Hi this sounds familiar, a number of years ago i damaged my sciatic nerve and was out of action for 6 months...It may not be the answer you want but I would see your Doc first.

DieselWarrior
11-15-2009, 05:12 PM
What are some ways i could help my back
Seriously? Chiropractor. Seriously.

ZenMonkey
11-15-2009, 05:21 PM

I wouldnt lift. Go see a sports med doc. If you can feel it in your leg it could be a bulged or slipped disc... no way of telling without an MRI and X-rays, youll have to probably get both. Dont stretch either, just take tylenol and see a Dr.

robchris
11-15-2009, 08:24 PM
Astre,

You say you have a bit of back problem? How bad is it normally?

What have you done recently that aggrevated it? (DL,Sqt. etc.) How would you rate the pain on a scale of 0-10?

Most Dr. recommend you go in for a visit if the pain dosent improve within (3) days...(w/heat & rest) Esp. if you have numbness or tingling going down the leg as you stated. I wouldnt train hvy. until it either improves or you see a Dr.

Good luck,
RC