PDA

View Full Version : Fruit

Tru
04-28-2002, 02:37 PM
I noticed a lot of people don't eat fruit, especially on cutting diets. Why is that? Too many carbs?

Should the amount of carbs you take in be more, less, or about equal to the amount of protein you take in? Is it diff on a bulk than a cut?

:D Thanks

nejar462
04-28-2002, 04:40 PM
yeah, remember, you are what you eat, and you don't want to be fruity.

InferiorDesign
04-28-2002, 04:43 PM
i eat alot of fruit, its alot of energy. itll make you feel better after you work out

Tru
04-28-2002, 05:17 PM
When do you eat your fruit? Right now i'm eating an apple for breakfast, banana's for lunch, and some fruit before I go to bed...

That goood?

the doc
04-28-2002, 05:48 PM
fruit in moderation is fine

fruit juice however, is not so good

good fibre and vits/mins

Budiak
04-28-2002, 06:33 PM
Your ratio of carbs/protein should depend on your body and nothing else. Follow guidelines for a while then figure out what works for you. Stay away from coconuts, and IMO, pineapples. Strawberries are good, pears(although dense and arent very satisfying), apples, and oranges are also quite the bomb.

Oh yeah, deadlift. Deadlift enough and what you eat wont matter.

Tru
04-28-2002, 07:21 PM
Moderation?

I eat 4 banana's and 2 apples/day is that good or bad?

Blood&Iron
04-28-2002, 07:48 PM
The sugar in fruit is partially glucose and partially fructose. Fructose prefentially refills liver glycogen, which puts one in something called the 'fed' state. This causes a decrease in lipid oxidation(As an aside, being in the 'fed' state is necessary for optimal anabolism.) Essentially, this means that your body uses less fat as fuel. So, if you're dieting it's best to keep fruit consumption to a minimum, although a bit won't hurt. One or two pieces is probably not going to be too much of a problem; 6 pieces is probalby a bit much, although it's probably pointless to worry about if you're not already fairly lean.