PDA

View Full Version : Metal sizing

SEOINAGE
11-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Thinking about buying a pair of metal pro briefs. Curious because it says to go straight off your pelvis measurement. For those of you who have used this have the sizes tended to run large or fairly tight, curious because my recent bench shirt others are saying it is a little large even though I fit the recommended criteria.

Also curious about their squat suits as my best guess in the ace would be 50 or 52. If you have experience with how these fit please chime in, and I am sure individual circumstances apply, I will probably be gaining a bit more weight as I go and don't want it too tight from the get go.

jtteg_x
11-15-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm a short stalky guy being 5'7" and 215lb or less. When I wear my 46 Metal PRO Sumo deadlifter, its way too tight. However, when I trained @ 198lb with a 36" waist/pelvis (about a year ago), it was nearly the perfect fit. That's what happens when you eat too much.

I think it would be best to call them and speak with a experienced lifter of their Metal equipment.

Lones Green
11-16-2009, 03:12 AM
Call them. Metal stuff will stretch when you gain weight

theBarzeen
11-17-2009, 04:39 PM
how big are you? I'm sure someone on here is close to your size and can help....

I'm around 295# at 6'5" with 49 inch hips and 29 inch thighs I wear a size 48 Ace Pro brief....

MarcusWild
11-17-2009, 04:53 PM
I've found all the metal squat stuff is too small in the legs. It works great if you can get it to fit right.

SEOINAGE
11-18-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm 222 5'8" my pelvis around the biggest part of my glutes is 44" and my thighs are 26.5" I figured I would be in a 44 pro brief, but maybe I should give them a call. Also on the sizes for the ace suit I noticed that the legs are smaller in comparison, so I am guessing they would be really tight. with my other measurements puts me in like a size 50 or size 52 if I want to get closer to my leg measurements but still under them.

ehubbard
11-18-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm 222 5'8" my pelvis around the biggest part of my glutes is 44" and my thighs are 26.5" I figured I would be in a 44 pro brief, but maybe I should give them a call. Also on the sizes for the ace suit I noticed that the legs are smaller in comparison, so I am guessing they would be really tight. with my other measurements puts me in like a size 50 or size 52 if I want to get closer to my leg measurements but still under them.

With a 26.5 measurement on the thigh it sounds to me like you are a 44 brief and with the pros you can go a size smaller if you can handle really tight briefs. I am 6'4 and around 270 and I wear a 44 Viking (recently upgraded from a Pro brief) and a 52 Ace. My hips are around 45 now, and I have no problem getting in the briefs. The Ace suit is pretty tight in the legs though. I havent measure mine but they are somehwere in the vacinity of 28.5 - 29. If you plan on gaining weight I would go 44/52, and if you want your gear meet tight I would go 42/50.

SEOINAGE
11-18-2009, 12:17 PM
With a 26.5 measurement on the thigh it sounds to me like you are a 44 brief and with the pros you can go a size smaller if you can handle really tight briefs. I am 6'4 and around 270 and I wear a 44 Viking (recently upgraded from a Pro brief) and a 52 Ace. My hips are around 45 now, and I have no problem getting in the briefs. The Ace suit is pretty tight in the legs though. I havent measure mine but they are somehwere in the vacinity of 28.5 - 29. If you plan on gaining weight I would go 44/52, and if you want your gear meet tight I would go 42/50.

Ok that makes sense and is good for reference. I was going to order briefs first but have to wait for two weeks since I'm getting married and will be gone and can't have them getting returned. So I could probably fit in 42 pro brief but might be bad if I gain too much weight. And I can wait another month on the suit since, its so damn expensive and the meet in february that I wanted to go to is cancelled, so I need to pick a different one to prepare for.

WillKuenzel
11-18-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm 5'10" and 222lbs and I wear a pair of 44" Pro briefs. They're tight. I probably could get into a pair of 42's but it would be very tight. If you've never worn briefs before I'd go with the 44's first but be prepared. My first pair of briefs I thought were way too tight, but based on what I'm getting in now, they fit right. The thighs will stretch just spray them down with water if they're too tight.

Lones Green
11-18-2009, 02:16 PM
how big are you? I'm sure someone on here is close to your size and can help....

I'm around 295# at 6'5" with 49 inch hips and 29 inch thighs I wear a size 48 Ace Pro brief....

See, I'm 6'3, 300-305, 32 inch thighs and 50 something inch hips, and I wear a 48 in metal. They've stretched a ton over just a couple months and now they fit like tight gym shorts.

ehubbard
11-18-2009, 02:19 PM
See, I'm 6'3, 300-305, 32 inch thighs and 50 something inch hips, and I wear a 48 in metal. They've stretched a ton over just a couple months and now they fit like tight gym shorts.

The Pros tend to stretch, which is why I went with the Viking's the second time around.

Lones Green
11-18-2009, 04:13 PM
The Pros tend to stretch, which is why I went with the Viking's the second time around.

I have a pair of vikings that aren't as bad, but still stretched.

The ace is probably better about not stretching

theBarzeen
11-22-2009, 12:48 AM
I have a pair of vikings that aren't as bad, but still stretched.

The ace is probably better about not stretching

better maybe.... but they stretched out a lot..... mine fit when I was 270ish and stretched out to where they were good when I was around 310 at AWPC worlds this year...... now after a year and a half I can get two hands in to the leg opening because they've stretched so much..... still work okay under a canvas...... and going back to the thread about metal equip being 2 or 3 ply, the foam lamination that they use between the layers breaks down with use so the briefs will lose pop from that as well........ still a good brief, but not immune to stretching