PDA

View Full Version : WS4SB V3 When to Dead-lift?

ThomasG
11-16-2009, 09:23 AM
He has Deadlifting and Squating on the same ME Day. There's no way I could do both on the same day. Should I work my ME Dead day in with my ME Bench day? What is that standard west side protocol for this?

This is my first time trying West Side so I'm a little confused.

endymion88
11-16-2009, 09:30 AM
try it before you knock it. i've made great gains doing both in the same day.

MarcusWild
11-16-2009, 10:10 AM
He really has you maxing on both the same day? The way the program works is you rotate maxing on deadlift and squat variants. You don't max on both on the same day. Now we usually do a second barbell movement after we max, but it's something we do for sets of 3-5 reps and we don't max on it.

ThomasG
11-16-2009, 12:47 PM
He really has you maxing on both the same day? The way the program works is you rotate maxing on deadlift and squat variants. You don't max on both on the same day. Now we usually do a second barbell movement after we max, but it's something we do for sets of 3-5 reps and we don't max on it.

Yea you're no supposed to do both on the same day but if you don't your left not squatting or dead lifting that week. So wtf???

MarcusWild
11-16-2009, 02:50 PM
No, you should always do both on DE lower day. You do speed squats and speed deads. On max effort day, you pick one lift to max on. Then you can do a second lift for sets of 3 or 5 reps but don't max.

ThomasG
11-16-2009, 06:09 PM
So I rotate them every other week for an ME exercise?

MarcusWild
11-16-2009, 11:47 PM
Yes, but you need to vary the type of deadlift and type of squat too. Pick 3 variations of each and rotate them.