PDA

View Full Version : My provincial bench press record! Thanks WBB!

danmac
11-17-2009, 02:11 PM
So about about 2 years ago i found this site and started training for strength. At the time i had a sloppy 185ish max bench press. I followed BGB for a long time, then made the switch to powerlifting. I recently set a provincial record (OPA 90kg junior) in bench press. Thanks for the support everyone!

This was my Second Attempt- 185 kg Provincial record!!!!

nfQSeXuVjC4

To answer the questions that i will be asked, It's a single ply katana that i can put on by myself... its pretty loose, used to belong to Shane Church (Travis might know him, he trained at WSB for a week this year). Its an IPF affiliated federation. My raw bench is about 350lb right now.

My opener- 175kg

mc3h_VLzUPQ

Third Attempt (and fail) - 192.5kg

1ItTo2exPdE

Awesome meet!

shutUpAndSquat
11-17-2009, 03:07 PM
congratulations!! :hello:
just one question, why your ass is not on the bench? I like the way you get in position, i think i'll take inspiration, i always find difficult to properly arch my back.

IronDiggy
11-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Can't watch the videos right now(work has youtube blocked) but congratz dude!

danmac
11-17-2009, 03:47 PM
congratulations!! :hello:
just one question, why your ass is not on the bench? I like the way you get in position, i think i'll take inspiration, i always find difficult to properly arch my back.

Ass is on the bench my friend. Never leaves it. 3 white lights.

I have a pretty tight arch and the actual bottom of my ass is on the bench.

danmac
11-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Can't watch the videos right now(work has youtube blocked) but congratz dude!

Thanks man! The vids aren't that exciting anyway, i am just still pumped about it!

IronDiggy
11-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Thanks man! The vids aren't that exciting anyway, i am just still pumped about it!

I bet I got a long way before I can take my provincial records. Maybe I'll catch ya at a meet some day.

NickAus
11-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Great work!!

danmac
11-17-2009, 05:22 PM
I bet I got a long way before I can take my provincial records. Maybe I'll catch ya at a meet some day.

What province are you in? I think the next IPF meet i do will be nationals in april.

Great work!!

Thanks!

BigTallOx
11-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Nice job.

IronDiggy
11-17-2009, 05:51 PM
What province are you in? I think the next IPF meet i do will be nationals in april.

Thanks!

Alberta. I lifted in both Alberta and Sask provincials this year. Still don't own a qualifying total for nats but hopefully next year. Just started training in April.

robchris
11-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Danmac,

Awesome bro!!! A lot of hard work and dedication in action!
RC

danmac
11-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Nice job.

Thank tall man.

Alberta. I lifted in both Alberta and Sask provincials this year. Still don't own a qualifying total for nats but hopefully next year. Just started training in April.

Yeah only qualified for bench the bench only portion. I might do a sanctioned meet in the beginning of the year and try to get my class one though. I would have got it at the last meet but i **** the bed and bombed my squats (all to high in a new suit).

Danmac,

Awesome bro!!! A lot of hard work and dedication in action!
RC

I appreciate the kind words. This was a goal of mine, im glad i hit it before i am to old for junior. My next meet will be open class with the big boys.

Sidior
11-17-2009, 08:52 PM
Nice record dude!

danmac
11-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Nice record dude!

Thanks buddy.

mr handy
11-17-2009, 10:05 PM
I'm extremely jealous!

Great job!!!

MarcusWild
11-18-2009, 12:10 AM
Congrats! It's good that the benchers here have helped you. That's what forums should be about!

roots
11-18-2009, 01:06 AM
awesome man, great lift

shutUpAndSquat
11-18-2009, 04:22 AM
Ass is on the bench my friend. Never leaves it.

yes, you are so arched that the first time i watched the vid i thought your ass was not touching the bench. Just an impression.
Congrats again! :indian:

danmac
11-18-2009, 08:23 AM
I'm extremely jealous!

Great job!!!

Congrats! It's good that the benchers here have helped you. That's what forums should be about!

Thanks guys, yeah this forum is awesome. I stumbled on here by accident one time and started reading the bodybuilding section... been hooked ever since. That was 40+ lbs ago.

awesome man, great lift

yes, you are so arched that the first time i watched the vid i thought your ass was not touching the bench. Just an impression.
Congrats again! :indian:

HAha yeah i can see what you mean, but i had judges on both sides so should be good! Before seeing this vid i had NO idea my arch had gotten so good, i knew i was getting good at getting a tight set up but i thought my arch sucked.

TallRob
11-18-2009, 08:45 AM
that is freakin AWSOME!
So about about 2 years ago i found this site and started training for strength. At the time i had a sloppy 185ish max bench press. I followed BGB for a long time, then made the switch to powerlifting. I recently set a provincial record (OPA 90kg junior) in bench press. Thanks for the support everyone!

This was my Second Attempt- 185 kg Provincial record!!!!

nfQSeXuVjC4

To answer the questions that i will be asked, It's a single ply katana that i can put on by myself... its pretty loose, used to belong to Shane Church (Travis might know him, he trained at WSB for a week this year). Its an IPF affiliated federation. My raw bench is about 350lb right now.

My opener- 175kg

mc3h_VLzUPQ

Third Attempt (and fail) - 192.5kg

1ItTo2exPdE

Awesome meet!