PDA

View Full Version : Another Daft Question If I may ?

thecoder0
11-18-2009, 11:14 AM
I hear people talking about adding oats to shakes etc and was wandering if its ok just to put the oats in the blender uncooked ?

Beverly McD.
11-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Yep!:)

thecoder0
11-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Yep!:)

Thank You :)

They look like a good source of nutrition and are cheap as chips over here.

Invain
11-18-2009, 11:51 AM
I find eating uncooked oats doesn't fill me up nearly as much either since it hasn't absorbed a bunch of water. Half a cup of blended oats in a shake goes down a lot easier for me than half a cup of oats cooked as oatmeal.

thecoder0
11-18-2009, 12:53 PM
I find eating uncooked oats doesn't fill me up nearly as much either since it hasn't absorbed a bunch of water. Half a cup of blended oats in a shake goes down a lot easier for me than half a cup of oats cooked as oatmeal.

What is the best time to have a shake with oats in ? What I mean is it prework out or post , or like tonight im a tad down on my cals for the day and was going to have one before bedtime...what you think good idea or bad ?

VikingWarlord
11-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Oats aren't going to be your best carb source in the peri-workout window. They digest too slowly to have much of an impact unless you have them a good 2 hours or so before you train.

Invain
11-18-2009, 02:08 PM
What is the best time to have a shake with oats in ? What I mean is it prework out or post , or like tonight im a tad down on my cals for the day and was going to have one before bedtime...what you think good idea or bad ?

Oats aren't going to be your best carb source in the peri-workout window. They digest too slowly to have much of an impact unless you have them a good 2 hours or so before you train.

^^ What Viking said. Oats are great for breakfast or before bed, use a higher gi carb during the workout window.

thecoder0
11-18-2009, 02:15 PM
^^ What Viking said. Oats are great for breakfast or before bed, use a higher gi carb during the workout window.

What is a higher gi carb please ?

Mercuryblade
11-18-2009, 02:19 PM
What is a higher gi carb please ?

Dextrose aka corn sugar. You can't get any higher than that. It's really cheap too.