PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Paleo?

McVein
11-18-2009, 04:29 PM
As above,

I would Zone if i was a better cook and had more time in the mornings, I make do with a sort of semi paleo diet.

I was having trouble keeping energy levels up for a while with just oats for carbs but i upped the fat intake and i seem to be doing allright now.

Anyone have any good recipies? Ideas?

The Paleo diet for anyone who doesnt know;

The Paleo Diet is a way of eating in the modern age that best mimics diets of our hunter-gatherer ancestors - combinations of lean meats, seafood, vegetables, fruits, and nuts. By eating the foods that we are genetically adapted to eat, followers of the Paleo Diet are naturally lean, have acne-free skin, improved athletic performance, and are experiencing relief from numerous metabolic-related and autoimmune diseases.

Auburn
11-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Some paleo cookbooks with cool stuff:

http://www.performancemenu.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=78
http://www.performancemenu.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=180

Guido
11-19-2009, 08:28 AM
I usually follow some sort of pseudo-paleo diet. I eat mostly whole foods - lots of nuts, fruits, veggies, and lean meat. I've been as healthy as I've ever been. I make sure to still get in adequate protein through drinking a lot of milk as well as taking protein powder. I also supplement with fish oil (about 8g per day) and Vitamin D3 (about 4-6,000 I.U.).

VikingWarlord
11-19-2009, 09:22 AM
I don't paleo specifically but usually eat a lot like Guido mentioned. I was doing The Warrior Diet (very similar) and had good results with it. Not really sure why I drifted away from that though.

Progress
11-19-2009, 09:16 PM
No oats, no milk, no thank you.

Blueberry Hill
11-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Yeah, I eat a paleo diet. I'm like Guido, take lots of fish oil and 6000ius of D3 a day. Never had much trouble with feeling hungry after I began the diet. I eat plainly - vegetables, some fruits, and grass fed meats basically, with some chocolate and a glass of wine every once in awhile.

I know the Paleo Diet author has a new blog. You might Google it.
His old news letter had lots of meal ideas on it, and imagine the blog will too.

AnotherNumber
11-20-2009, 10:04 PM
I eat mostly paleo plus I drink milk.
I like chocolate too...

Spartan936
11-22-2009, 11:19 AM
What progress said. I see little reason in cutting healthy food from your diet, unless you're a professional bodybuilder getting ready for a contest. Eat good stuff, get enough nutrients, and consume an appropriate number of calories. Simplicity is king.

lauross
11-26-2009, 05:24 PM
ya it will be great if they both get active on this forum...and share their exp. with gaming...