PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong with Doing HIIT Everyday?

CaptainMorgan
11-19-2009, 04:26 AM
Besides obvious overtraining and possible eating-away-at-muslce, what would be wrong with doing 20 minutes of HIIT cardio sessions everyday? Is it really a health hazard or whatever?

I know someone who claims he dropped a lot of body fat and got ripped by doing 20 minutes of HIIT everyday and then jogging on and off for 40 minutes (hour of cardio each day in total) while doing full body Starting Strength workouts 3 times a week.

James_perkins
11-19-2009, 09:17 AM
Doing HIIT everyday will affect you after a while... When i used to play soccer we did it everyday and your body starts to fatigue alot when lifting weights, however i cudnt see why u cudnt do 20mins a day as i used to do an hr a day... I now do 40mins on rest days and fat is falling off me whilst muscle growth is still there.

There is a simple solution try it for a few weeks see if your gains change alot either way and then reduce until you feel your gains are at the level you want.

Dont forget to hydrate and eat because HIIT will increase your both Cal loss which will in turn make you need to eat more to keep muscle growth at a high level.

lawndarts
12-29-2009, 10:12 AM
We purposely overtrained in the Army. Initially you do build a larger work capacity, but eventually you start to fall apart. It doesn't get better it only gets worst.

soclydeza
12-29-2009, 05:59 PM
We purposely overtrained in the Army.

just curious, why would they purposely want you to overtrain?

dynamo
12-29-2009, 09:04 PM
just curious, why would they purposely want you to overtrain?

mental toughness RAWR