PDA

View Full Version : PWO protein and also used as MRP

jtteg_x
11-19-2009, 04:29 PM
The only ALN supplement I've had was the Nitrean (chocolate) and I honestly did not like the taste compared to ON Whey. It had a grainy buttery texture to it. However, this was 2 years ago. If the manufacturer had made some taste changes among their supplements, that would be great to know also.

What I am looking for is a protein supplement that is optimal PWO AND can also be used to take in at night to fight my late night cravings. It must taste good and I am willing to pay a bit more for that. My goal of getting to 220lb is going great but I been eating a lot of crap food to get to it. Therefore, I rather take in some sort of protein supplement with a snack rather than hitting up Jack In The Box getting 3 burgers before bed. What can ALN recommend that fits my criteria? If you do recommend something, how does compete against its competitors (ON, Muscle Milk, etc). What makes the product better than the others?

My current supplements are as follows:
ON whey (PWO)
ON multi-vitamin
Primaforce Mono creatine
Green tea tablets

chris mason
11-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Opticen is what we offer that would fit your needs. It is our best tasting product and my personal favorite (chocolate). It is better than the competition in that it uses a similar blend to Nitrean (whey, casein, and egg) and has a very solid combination of protein, carbs, and fats for recovery purposes.

jtteg_x
11-20-2009, 12:37 AM
After some researching, looks like I'll have to give Opticen a shot. Is it possible to buy 2 Novus Protein Bars (1 cookie dough and 1 mint cookie)? I would like to try it first before I make the commitment for the 8 pack.

vdizenzo
11-20-2009, 05:45 AM
Chocolate Opticen is the bomb!

Y2A
11-20-2009, 06:06 AM
After some researching, looks like I'll have to give Opticen a shot. Is it possible to buy 2 Novus Protein Bars (1 cookie dough and 1 mint cookie)? I would like to try it first before I make the commitment for the 8 pack.

I don't think it's possible NOT to like the taste of Novus bars. If you aren't able to get the singles, try a box anyway :D

chris mason
11-20-2009, 01:19 PM
Just request them (NOVUS bars) in the comments section when you order and we will toss them in.

Lones Green
11-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Opticen is what we offer that would fit your needs. It is our best tasting product and my personal favorite (chocolate). It is better than the competition in that it uses a similar blend to Nitrean (whey, casein, and egg) and has a very solid combination of protein, carbs, and fats for recovery purposes.

This.

You could also think about Maximus shakes split in half

jtteg_x
11-22-2009, 12:34 AM
Placed an order at 4pm today and I got the email in 2 hours saying its shipped already! Thanks Chris Mason:thumbup:

chris mason
11-22-2009, 05:38 PM
You're welcome! Thanks for the order.

Tom Mutaffis
11-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Jtteg-X,

Strawberry Opticen is hands down my favorite protein powder. I think that you will be pleased with the product and it works great for PWO.