PDA

View Full Version : How much for do you expect to pull in a Push/Pull vs a Full meet?

thegreatone
11-20-2009, 05:17 AM
Has anyone had a noticable difference in their DL in a push/pull meet vs a full meet? I would think there would be one since there is no squat. Thanks

Guido
11-20-2009, 09:07 AM
There is definitely a difference. I would probably go 10-20 lbs lighter on my attempts in a full power meet vs. what I would in push/pull. Most people are pretty gassed by the time they deadlift in a full power meet and it is definitely going to affect your pulling.

thegreatone
11-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Thanks, in my last full meet (about a month ago) I finshed at 580 and I'm thinking about shooting for 600 tomorrow. 580 was a true ME lift for me but without squatting I think I have a pretty good shot at it. I see how I feeling tomorrow.

abbcccxyyzzz
11-22-2009, 03:57 AM
You should just think... Man I put so much time, energy, and money into this. I am going to rip it up regardless!

mastermonster
11-22-2009, 03:01 PM
I think you should always open very light in a full meet on deads. It's hard to know what you have left by deads. Judge your 2nd and 3rd off of how the light opener feels. There are days when it won't seem to affect you at all; then some when it will affect you a lot. My best push/pull DL and full meet DL are just 2.5 kilos apart. But I've had full meets where I missed what I routinely opened with at push/pulls. I'll usually open about 70 lbs. lighter than my max at full meets. 30-40 at push/pulls.

thegreatone
11-23-2009, 03:28 AM
Thanks guys. I ended up pulling 2.5 kilos more in the push/pull than my last full meet. I think I may have been able to pull 2.5 on top of that but I can't say for sure I would have gotten it. I also hit a BP PR by 10 kilos so it was a good day.

NolanPower
11-23-2009, 06:31 AM
I'd say that this depends a lot on whether you are competing raw or in gear. In gear you are subjecting your body to much more serious loads on both the squat and the bench creating more general as well as CNS fatigue. In a raw meet you are generally not fatiguing yourself as much as there is less weight being moved and bench can be used as a pretty effective recovery time. Given that I lift raw, I usually would take identical attempts at a PP or a Full meet, but its been a long time since I did a PP, but usually I feel pretty pumped and ready to go for deadlifts even though I rarely hit a third because I'm almost always going for a pretty substantial PR.

mastermonster
11-23-2009, 10:50 PM
Thanks guys. I ended up pulling 2.5 kilos more in the push/pull than my last full meet. I think I may have been able to pull 2.5 on top of that but I can't say for sure I would have gotten it. I also hit a BP PR by 10 kilos so it was a good day.

Congrats on the results. Especially the big bench PR!

thegreatone
11-24-2009, 03:16 AM
Congrats on the results. Especially the big bench PR!

Thanks.