PDA

View Full Version : Is olive oil a good bulking food?

imc_1121
11-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Is olive oil a good bulking food? I was thinking about drinking a shot of olive oil a day, is this a good idea, or it could lead to higher body fat?

cphafner
11-21-2009, 03:22 PM
If you need fat in your diet then olive oil is an option. I have 5 tbsp of olive oil on my high fat days. Just depends your needs.

peatr99
11-21-2009, 04:40 PM
i don't believe the fat in olive oil is generally stored as body fat. With that being said, there are many people who consume olive oil while bulking OR cutting

imc_1121
11-21-2009, 05:15 PM
i don't believe the fat in olive oil is generally stored as body fat. With that being said, there are many people who consume olive oil while bulking OR cutting

But what about taking it directly like in a shot? I know many use it for cooking their foods or as a topping.

I'm talking about consuming eat in more quantities, as to get 1000 calories from a shot of olive oil.

VikingWarlord
11-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Taking a shot of olive oil is just stupid. There's no reason to do that.

imc_1121
11-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Taking a shot of olive oil is just stupid. There's no reason to do that.

Why is it stupid, if it would help me get extra calories?

VikingWarlord
11-21-2009, 09:34 PM
People don't bother to think about what they're doing. It's stupid because it's unnecessarily ****ing disgusting. Put it in or on something rather than just shooting it. It's not like you get extra man points or anything.

Beyond the fact that it's expensive, if you're really going to try to get an extra 1,000kCal per day by chugging olive oil, you're looking at just over a half a cup. Go pour yourself half a cup and stare at it, then imagine drinking that every day. I guarantee you'll start looking at alternatives. Eat 10 Tbsp of peanut butter instead. Eat meat. Eat anything.

Beyond that, adding 1000kCal a day onto whatever surplus you're already consuming is pretty much guaranteed to gain you a whole lot of fat no matter what it's made up of. If you're not eating a surplus yet, figure the rest of it out first.

soliloquy
11-21-2009, 09:37 PM
well, you could always get one of those random protein supplements that
give you about a 1000 calories or more for about 40-50 grams of powder
and give you about 30 plus calories. that would give you a lot of
protein to feed your muscles. which would help you bulk up, and cut
down fat as well. so a win win?

Tony Ferrara
11-21-2009, 11:21 PM
Dude don't do something disgusting like chug olive oil, if you wanna put some fat in your body, Peanut Butter - Jelly is awesome, Avacadoes are also a good natural thing but me I like a more natural diet so I'd probably take down some poutines to bulk :)

Yamar
11-26-2009, 06:01 PM
Yes. Personally I could come up with 1000 tastier ways to get healthy fat in....nuts, seeds, penut butter etc..

RichMcGuire
11-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Seriously, take it from me. I use to drink straight olive oil and chaser it with orange juice or milk. I was fine for about 2 weeks. Beyond that, I would throw up violently. I just couldnt stand it anymore. Dont do it :P

Adrian101
11-27-2009, 01:14 AM
I put it in my shake no more than two tablespoons, do not drink that **** straight. You will die.

Progress
11-27-2009, 09:29 AM
Like others have said, add it to things. It's a fat and best served by eating it in conjunction with other foods. If you're this obsessed with fat, don't forget to you get your EFAs.