PDA

View Full Version : Pre workout intake on a cut

greemah
11-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Hi all

A lot of people eat carbs e.g. a banana or have a coffee an hour or so before a workout to provide energy. Is it a good idea to not do this on a cut?

Like if I had a banana that would be about 30g of carbs that I would burn off, but if I didn't do that wouldn't my body be forced to burn fat for energy? I may be way off in my thinking here so correct me if I'm wrong

I have a protein shake right after my workout, and within 15 minutes I usually have dinner which is meat/chicken and veges for post workout carbs. Does it really matter what you have post workout when on a cut?

Thanks

The Gasman UK
12-08-2009, 06:38 AM
Eat at the same times and frequency as you would normally or on a bulk. Just make sure the day's calories are where they need to be. I'm cutting and I have a banana 1 hour before training along with 100mg caffiene. Then post workoutout I have 1 scoop of whey with water and BCAA to keep me going until I've cooked dinner.

It may be beneficial for you to move some more calories to pre workout, it's more complicated than 'oh no i've eaten just before i've trained so i won't burn fat'. Just look at your total calories for the day.

Daniel Roberts
12-08-2009, 09:18 AM
Go with Gasman's recommendations your pre/during/post-workout meals/shakes do not exist in a vacuum and do contribute to your daily intake.

David Trantham
12-08-2009, 09:33 AM
personally i would eat protein and complex carb pre- such as meat(chick,tuna,protein)-complex carb(sweet pot,oatmeal) if i was to eat a fruit i might eat a grapefruit. make sure you are eating enough to get threw your workout. as far as post workout protein(shake) complex carb(oatmeal) or try Opticen at atlargenutrition great post workout shake all in one. then i would wait about 1 hour agter post workout shake and eat a whole meal (meat,complex carb, vegs).