PDA

View Full Version : Basic Diet Questions, Help me make my skin look like its 2 size to small

Junior
04-28-2002, 08:49 PM
Hello Guys,

I am a very small young wee little lad that wants to grow! :)

I am going to write myself up a diet tonight and I was wondering about a few thing, please help me. I want to gain Muscle but try and keep fat gains to minimum. I weigh 165 at 5' 10 and am 20 years old.

How many calories a day? I was thinking about 3250.
And what about a protein carb fat ratio.
I was thinking 50% of calories from protein: 406.25 grams
30% of calories from carbs: 243.25 grams
20% of calories from fat. 73.00 grams

Is this reasonable? any suggestions? Do you know of any good sites that list the nutritional facts for lots of the different foods? Thanks for your help. I will post the diet as soon as I am done it.

Junior
05-01-2002, 04:21 PM
49 views and not one suggestion....?

:cry:

Behemoth
05-01-2002, 05:55 PM
49 view and not one suggestion is pretty sad, so even thought I'm not the most knowledgable person around about this I'll try to give you a little help.
You do sound like a relatively small guy and the calories you posted is probably in the right ball park. Although 400 calories of protein is a LOT, like really a lot, I don't know anyone that eats that much. I don't know if excessive protein is bad for you or not, I'd look a little more into it. I'd say try a 40/40/20 split (P/C/F). Also remember to eat at least 6 meals a day. And you probably want to get into some supplements too, especially a post-workout shake. I'd tell you offer you more advice if I had more to give, but I really don't. I think you were heading in the right direction with what you were planning, hopefully you fine tune and tweak it now.

For nutrition facts check out www.fitday.com
A lot of good foods for bulking are... Milk, eggs, outmeal, brown rice, chicken, tuna, cottage cheese, beef, wheat bread, peanut butter. Theres a whole lot more but thats all thats coming to mind. Good luck

kryzhn
05-02-2002, 05:47 AM
well - if it may interest you - eat a lot of pasta (carbos) and lots of egg white (protein) - eat 6 meals a day (not junk food - you could take for example - a chicken roll or steak, fish, rice or something similar) and buy some supplement like Tropicana Body Mass jew some Multi-vitamins (eg. Multi-Centrum). Have bodymass it after work-outs in addition to the 6 meals.

While intaking all these food/supplements - train to failure - train one body part per session - be consistant - be patient - and results will arrive

Budiak
05-02-2002, 07:38 AM
buy some supplement like Tropicana Body Mass jew

I must have missed this product on the shelf at GNC.

BTW, Junior, if you want to gain mass, eat and lift big. You are 5'10" and 165, so you are fairly skinny. My suggestion is Tuna.

Lots of Tuna. And rice.

ANd pasta.

Oh yeah, and never loan a zombie money. He'll just break your heart.

Tiare
05-05-2002, 08:38 AM
What is your caloric intake with your current weight? I assume you are stable at 165lbs which means your current calories are pretty much fully utilized so if you increase them you will start to gain weight.

1lb of fat = 3550 calories.

1lb of muscle = 1550 calories + the calories burned to produce it (probably less than 1000).

If you up your daily caloric intake by a mere 300 calories a day, you have enough energy to produce and store 1 lb of muscle if that's what you tell your body to do with the extra calories. But remember that as you gain lean mass, you reduce your body fat % unless you gain body fat also so you might want to increase by more than 300 calories a day just so you have some extra calories to pack on some fat.