PDA

View Full Version : How to make Garlic spread

Cup o Joe
11-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Garlic spread

use as many bulbs as you want.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit

Step 1. Take out some garlic cloves and peel the outer layer of the bulb to be able to identify the cloves

Step 2. cut the top of the bulb with a sharp knife to be able to see a small part of each clove.

Step 3. place on some aluminum foil partly close the foil.

Step 4. add about 1.5 table spoon of extra virgin olive oil in the centre of each bulb, after this close the foil.

Step 5. place in oven and roast for 46 minutes.

Step 6. take out bulbs from foil, pop out the cloves from its skin with a fork and put them on a plate. (careful not to put too much pressure on the cloves while popping them out as it is now smooth enough to spread)

Step 7. throw the aluminium foil in the recycling and the bulb skins in the compost bin.

Step 8. spread the spread on toast or crackers. enjoy.

mr handy
11-25-2009, 12:06 PM
MMM I love roasted garlic.
I make a baked cavatelli casserole with Italian sausage and add a whole bulb of roasted garlic to it and fresh Mozzarella and Parmesan on top. I have no idea what the callorie count or anything is, but it sure is good.

peatr99
11-25-2009, 01:26 PM
i didn't realize people needed instructions on how to roast garlic but thanks i guess,

Cards
11-26-2009, 01:26 PM
I actually never knew this was how you roasted garlic, I found it helpful..thank you.