PDA

View Full Version : meal plan for abs

eastern26
11-24-2009, 05:36 AM
We have all heard how abs are made inteh kitchen well help me out what kinda meal plan should i have to get these abs to show. Ive gone from 226 pounds down to 190 and feel like i gotta be close to getting those abs but still not showing yet so help me out. Oh i should add i hate fish

thanks

SDS
11-24-2009, 06:08 AM
The meal plan calls for eating less than you need.

tom183
11-25-2009, 04:37 AM
If you've gone from 226 to 190 pounds, keep doing what you've been doing.

GoodyGirl
11-25-2009, 04:46 AM
If you've gone from 226 to 190 pounds, keep doing what you've been doing.

Agreed with the above comment. Also, I find whenever I eat steamed cauliflower, I lose weight. Dunno why.... i just do. I also want those abs you talk about! Better go buy myself some more cauliflower.

twm
11-25-2009, 06:17 AM
also, since youre posting here, I will assume you're lifting. that lifting should include weighted situps of some form. if you have no abdominal muscle, they will never show.

cj95
11-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Mens health had an issue a while back on what foods to focus on for those looking to see their abs. It also outlined the foods you should stay away from, there was some great material in this edition, try to get a copy or just search it on thier website.

VikingWarlord
11-25-2009, 09:36 AM
The meal plan calls for eating less than you need.

This post is full of win.

Mercuryblade
11-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Mens health had an issue a while back on what foods to focus on for those looking to see their abs. It also outlined the foods you should stay away from, there was some great material in this edition, try to get a copy or just search it on thier website.

I have a good stomach, it's one of the few things I can pride myself on. Getting a good six pac isn't easy persay, but that doesn't mean it's complicated.

Keep dieting, and use common sense when selecting foods. Drinking lots of alcohol (which has an increased effect on fat storage beyond just adding calories) and consuming lots of carbs are two things you really want to avoid. Keeping your blood sugar under control is an important facet of keeping your body from storing lots fat.

Also, like twm said, use some weight when your doing abdominal exercises, don't do 80 bodyweight crunches or 50 leg lifts, grab a dumbell and work your abs like you would any other muscle.

RichMcGuire
11-25-2009, 05:29 PM
I work my abs through deadlifts, over head presses, squats, chinups, benching, and weighted dips. I know, I know, its a lot for one muscle ;)

Yamar
11-26-2009, 05:59 PM
UD2 will make your abs show....if U can hack it.

K.Huget
11-26-2009, 07:36 PM
how long did it take you to lose that much weight? Has anybody considered that he could be losing large amounts of muscle as well?