jp2
11-24-2009, 07:43 AM
lookin strong man!

OGROK
11-24-2009, 07:54 AM
Thx bro

danmac
11-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Awesome day when you hit that for the first time eh! Man its a great feeling. Great work.

Nice dancing too ;) haha, work on that lockout!

OGROK
11-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Yeah I ****ed the bar at the top the youtube critics are outraged. lol I got some random dude going "nice hitching ******" in the comments, **** Youtube critics I bet that guy couldn't do 405.

twm
11-24-2009, 05:47 PM
yeah.. its hitched, but your speed off the floor is very good.. just work on your lockout and booya. great job man

but on another note, that is horrid gym music.. jesus.

chris mason
11-24-2009, 06:06 PM
You are a strong guy, but be careful with the hitching, it can become a habit. I never hitch for that reason. It I miss the pull, I miss it.

You might starting working on some pulls with bands to work your lockout.

OGROK
11-24-2009, 06:12 PM
You are a strong guy, but be careful with the hitching, it can become a habit. I never hitch for that reason. It I miss the pull, I miss it.

Yeah I was thinking about that. At 495 do you figure I would be using averages or light bands to work the lockout?

Chris Rodgers
11-25-2009, 07:24 PM

I agree 100%. Terrible habit to have and it's hard to break if you do it all the time when you go heavy. You have to start tying to just squeeze through your lockout and like Chris said if you miss, you miss.

NickAus
11-25-2009, 07:35 PM
Are you looking down at the bar at lock-out, if so make sure you look up and try to throw your head back.

OGROK
11-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Are you looking down at the bar at lock-out, if so make sure you look up and try to throw your head back.

Don't know... I think I just have to learn to power thru it at the top. The weight feels really easy off the floor, it's pulling it up my quads that kills me.

NickAus
11-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Don't know... I think I just have to learn to power thru it at the top. The weight feels really easy off the floor, it's pulling it up my quads that kills me.

Work on looking up at the ceiling towards the top and driving your hips forward hard and I think that will help a lot technique wise.
Reverse bands set-up similar to the floor press will help.
Good strength off the floor!

byronsru24
11-25-2009, 08:04 PM
Roll your shorts up, and get a spray bottle..spray the hell out of your legs. That bar should roll right up there. Personally, I wouldn't count that lift, you hitched it...bad. Do it right, then get excited about it

james_w8lifter
11-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Strong lift

Kiaran
11-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Nice job on that lift. **** Youtube haters, lol! I just delete their annoying comments and ignore them.

A lot of smart fellas in here posting, just listen to what they tell ya. I don't know about everyone else on the bands, but I recently pulled 495 and I just started band resist deads for speed day. With my setup I use a pair of doubled minis and that **** adds right about +200 lbs at the top. No way I could go Lights or Averages right now. Depends on how you set them up though.

OGROK
11-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Nice job on that lift. **** Youtube haters, lol! I just delete their annoying comments and ignore them.

A lot of smart fellas in here posting, just listen to what they tell ya. I don't know about everyone else on the bands, but I recently pulled 495 and I just started band resist deads for speed day. With my setup I use a pair of doubled minis and that **** adds right about +200 lbs at the top. No way I could go Lights or Averages right now. Depends on how you set them up though.

Are you sure? I use doubled minis for speed benching and there is no way that is adding 200 lbs of tension

Kiaran
11-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Absolutely. Sorry, let me clarify. The setup for the bench with the bands is "doubled" minis, as in both ends wrapped over the end of the bar and cut in half by the rack or whatever is anchoring your band down. I really should call it quaded minis but I've been calling it doubled because I fold the band in half and then put each end around my base-pegs on my platform piece I built (see the last entry of my journal for a video of my deadlift with them). It winds up having all four pieces of the band over the bar on each side. I believe I measured the tension on the bench setup to be about 70 lbs or so at the top with the minis.

chris mason
11-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Og, you have trouble pulling it up your legs because your lower back and hips are relatively weak. That is the point of working your lockout. Don't worry about percentages, attach the bands and work your way up with plates until you pull a hard single.

OGROK
11-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Og, you have trouble pulling it up your legs because your lower back and hips are relatively weak. That is the point of working your lockout. Don't worry about percentages, attach the bands and work your way up with plates until you pull a hard single.

Will do Chris.

Cmanuel
11-30-2009, 12:39 PM
Do you guys think rack pulls should only be saved for when the very very top portion of your deadlift lockout requires help?

Good effort BTW, eliminate that hitching and you're golden.

Beverly McD.
11-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Tons of good advice here OGROC.
Let me add one more thing. Drive your heels throught the floor. When you hit the deadlift the first thing I saw was your weight shifting forward to your toes. Your heels even raised slightly.
The small details matter. I think you're probably capable of making a legal pull with this weight, you just need to make a few adjustments.
Legal or not, it's still good work.:thumbup:

JSully
11-30-2009, 02:55 PM
Do you guys think rack pulls should only be saved for when the very very top portion of your deadlift lockout requires help?

Good effort BTW, eliminate that hitching and you're golden.

I don't think so, personally.

I do high or low *heavy* pulls weekly with both bands and straight weight. If I can get a max deadlift to my knees, I can lock it out. I also do deficit pulls quite often too, to help strength off the floor as that's my weak point.