PDA

View Full Version : Speed Bench Workout

OGROK
11-25-2009, 07:59 PM
Decided to video my speed bench today. I was wondering what you guys think -- good, bad, too slow, etc...? My max is somewhere between 300 and 315 raw.

qz3lTCP6KBY

EDIT: Almost forgot... I wanted to ask about my reverse band floor press setup... Am I doing this right? I think I might need to choke the bands or something but I just don't know. There is little to no tension at the top.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5858/gedc0182.jpg

barbell01
11-25-2009, 08:15 PM
the guy in the background was really killing those leg extensions!

OGROK
11-25-2009, 08:18 PM
the guy in the background was really killing those leg extensions!

ill be sure to give him a high five next time i see him

jthomas
11-25-2009, 08:24 PM
Just make sure the reverse bands give out last few inches, so you get all that weight!

NickAus
11-25-2009, 08:27 PM
That's how I like the reverse bands set-up, no help at the top.
I like to put the bands over the sleeves to stop them getting damaged when racking the bar.

Yeah for the speed you could be a little faster, maybe drop the weight 10 lbs or so for most of your sets- really snap the lock-out.

OGROK
11-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Just make sure the reverse bands give out last few inches, so you get all that weight!

Yeah that's what I was going for. I try to get a little slack on the band right at the top. BTW dude when you guys training this weekend? I dunno if I'll be able to make it on account of Thanksgiving but if not, then next weekend I'll be down for sure man

That's how I like the reverse bands set-up, no help at the top.
I like to put the bands over the sleeves to stop them getting damaged when racking the bar.

Yeah for the speed you could be a little faster, maybe drop the weight 10 lbs or so for most of your sets- really snap the lock-out.

Yeah I think some of these sets were a little slower than the others... I'll try putting the band around the sleeves next time since I did notice that the band would scrape against the j-hooks when I tried to rack it.

jthomas
11-26-2009, 06:26 AM
I will text you Friday to let you know, but most likely 2pm, but will let you know