PDA

View Full Version : My Mission to Put on Serious Mass

-RL-
11-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Hello,

Im making a journal of my new routine that I have just started this week. I recently started lifting about 4 months ago on and off, but now I want to start taking this more seriously and hopefully see some serious gains.

A little information about me. Im 6'1 and 191 pounds, since Ive started lifting Ive gained about 15 pounds.

My goals are to gain mass and become stronger. Initially I thought I would like to bulk to about 210 - 215, but we will see how it goes.

My diet isnt 100% where it should be, but Im trying. Damn its alot of food to consume in a day. Right now Im probably getting about 130 grams of protein a day, not enough I know.

Well here is the exercise I will be using, its basically Starting Strength with a tiny add on. I know people say I shouldnt add anything on, but it has been suggested in an article I was reading. The program is as follows:

Workout A
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift
2x5-8 dips (only add weight if you are doing >10 bodyweight dips)

Workout B
3x5 Squat
3x5 Standing military press
3x5 Pendlay Rows (or power cleans for 5x3, 5 sets of 3 reps apiece)
2x5-8 chinups ***if you do the power cleans, do 3 sets of chinups***

Daily accessory work:
-45 degree Decline bench weighted situps, 3x5 (hold body parallel to ground for static 5 seconds each repetition on the way down, then go down slowly and come back up)
-Hyperextensions - 3x8 (hold weight across chest or small barbell across back, and don't swing past parallel) - reverse hypers are preferable, but I don't know too many gyms with a reverse hyper.

This program is done 3 days a week just like the real SS.

Thanks for your input.

-RL-
11-27-2009, 12:55 PM
25 Nov 2009 (Week One)

Workout A

Squat 3x5 115pnds
Dumbbell Flat Bench 3x5 40pnds
Deadlift 1x5 192pnds
Assisted Dips 2x8 55pnds

Hyperextension 3x8 25pnds
Situp Machine 3x5 35,40,45pnds

It was my first day back at the gym in over a week. The exercise felt pretty good.

Squats- Felt good, when I got home I watched some Rip videos and tried to work on my form.
Bench- I did some dumbbells and they went good also. Hopefully next workout I can up the weight a bit.
Dead- The platform was being used forever, so I used the deadlift machine. Hence the 12 added pounds for the machine.
Dips- I cant do as many dips as Id want my myself yet so Im using the assisted machine.

Im doing my 2 warm up sets per exercise also, so I feel like Im getting a good workout in.

Well off to the gym Friday(today) again.

james_w8lifter
11-27-2009, 08:19 PM
Post up some starting pics and/or measurements of yourself in order to gauge your progress. Good to hear that your dedicated and i'll be tracking your progress

-RL-
11-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Ill try and get some pics and measurements this weekend. As Im sitting right now, Im skinnyfat

-RL-
11-28-2009, 08:48 PM
27 Nov 2009 (Week One)

Workout B

Squat 3x5 115pnds
Standing Military Press 3x5 75pnds
Row Machine 3x5 140pnds
Assisted Chinups 2x8 70pnds

Hyperextensions 3x8 25pnds
Situp Machine 3x5 40,45,50pnds

Squats- I kept them the same since my legs were still pretty sore.
Press- I think I did it exactly how Rip shows in the vids. Tried to keep it very strict, no legs
Row- I did it on a machine that replicates a pendlay row.
Chins- Done on assisted machine, hopefully moving up a bit next week.

I will try and do real pendlay rows every once in awhile, however there is only one power rack. The deadlift platform and cage share the same area and bar so its not ideal. I dont like to hog it for my whole workout as other people also need to use it.

Great work out I think, Im really feeling the shoulders the day after and my legs feel a lot better.

Only one question about the hypers if anyone can help. They arnt extremely hard to do, 25pnds added seams good for now, but the day after boy does my lower back hurt. Normal? Should my back get used to it?

Thanks

-RL-
11-29-2009, 10:39 PM
29 November 2009 (Week One)

Workout A

Squat 3x5 125pnds
Dumbbell Flat Bench 3x5 45pnds
Deadlift 1x5 192pnds
Assisted Dips 2x8 50pnds

Situp Machine 3x5 45,50,55pnds

Squat- Went up 10 pounds. Squats feel good, they should rise quickly.
Bench- After warmup sets I went into the 45's. First set went good, 2nd set I failed first attempt getting it up. Reset and tried again, 5 went smoothly. 3rd set was good also, cranked out a couple extra in the end. Getting them up is the hardest part I find.
Dead- Done on machine again, Im not loving them.
Dips- Nothing significant.

Im trying to make a point to get in the extra calories. Im pounding down a shake every night before bed. This morning I was 193pnds dry. Just weighed myself again here and Im at about 198.5. Good to see a lil progress happening here.

Im going to be ordering some supps soon. Im sure when I start taking creatine I will see some gains in weight and strength.

Coke
11-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Good luck with your goals man, off to a great start in here.

-RL-
12-02-2009, 09:11 PM
I need some direction here...

Today I was suppose to workout B of starting strength. Notice how i said 'suppose to'. Well I ran into a situation where I couldnt get to the gym. So I missed today, not a good start. Should I skip the day/ or bump everything a day forward and only take off one day inbetween every workout for 2 full weeks.
Thanks

Coke
12-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Probably should bump the day you missed and don't skip out, maybe even train two days in a row for a change...just go with the flow.
Main thing though is get in there and don't let the grass grow under your feet so to speak.

-RL-
12-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Yah Im going to go tonight after a quick nap, I was thinking of taking some pre workout supps but I dont want to be up all night.

Thanks Coke

james_w8lifter
12-03-2009, 06:59 PM
I noticed you say you did your deads on a machine and your not liking them? Is it because of the machine or is it the lift itself? You need to start doing deads with a free bar. Waaaaay better.

-RL-
12-07-2009, 08:13 PM
I noticed you say you did your deads on a machine and your not liking them? Is it because of the machine or is it the lift itself? You need to start doing deads with a free bar. Waaaaay better.

I wasn't liking the deads because of the fact I dont have a great spot to do them in the gym. The other reason was because I hurt my lower back a few months ago doing them (with improper form I guess) and now Im worried about doing it again. I know I need to start doing them though. So Im going to make a point to. Thanks

-RL-
12-07-2009, 08:20 PM
3 Dec 2009 (Week Two)

Workout B

Squat 3x5 135pnds
Standing Military Press 3x5 70pndsx2 80pndsx1
Row Machine 3x5 140pnds

Situp Machine 3x5 50,55,60pnds

Squats- Went up another 10 pounds
Standing Press- I think this is another exercise that I will be able to progress in quickly.
Row Machine- Weight stayed the same
Chins- They also stayed the same, try to move up next "B" day

-RL-
12-07-2009, 08:30 PM
6 December 2009 (Week Two)

Workout A

Squat 3x5 145pnds
Dumbbell Flat Bench 3x5 45pndsx2 50pndsx1
Deadlift 1x5 212pnds
Assisted Dips 2x8 50pnds

Situp Machine 3x5 55,60,65pnds

Squats- I feel the form is still good as Im progressing slowly up on these
Bench- Progress on these are great, hopefully more to come.
Dead- Once again I did it on the machine, I know I have to do real deads so I shall try even if I have to drop weight a tonne.
Dips- No progress this week.

I really had a screwy week for working out. My days I went were the days I would ideally like to go. Between work and the overtime I was too bagged to get a proper workout in some days so I knew it was just beneficial not to go. With this week behind me I hope I can try and go the days I want more frequently.

Its great to see some minor progress. I weighed in the scale at 198pnds before I went to bed last night last night. It wasnt my morning weight but I am moving up slowly. I need to start eating a little more consistent and better.

I said earlier I was going to try and post pictures so I could keep them in terms of progress. I still hope to, I was just having problems getting a camera to do so as mine is useless.

Back to the gym tomorrow to finish the last day of the week and pick up my supplements that came to the post office.

james_w8lifter
12-07-2009, 08:41 PM
You've gained 7lbs since the 27th of November??? Awesome, but don't gain that weight too quickly;). Good lifts even though you said you had a crappy week. Also, what supplements did you order?

-RL-
12-07-2009, 08:49 PM
You've gained 7lbs since the 27th of November??? Awesome, but don't gain that weight too quickly;). Good lifts even though you said you had a crappy week. Also, what supplements did you order?

I usually weigh myself in the morning after I take a leak to determine my weight. As of this morning I was about 193 morning weight. The 198 was last night before I went to bed. So I think Im up about 1.5 - 2 pounds actually.

I ordered two 5 pound AllMax Nutrition Allway Protein. Some Allmax Creatine Mono hydrate. I also ordered a couple shaker cups and a pair of new gloves.

Last week I ordered a couple bottles of pre-workout supps. They had raving reviews, however I have taken them two times and hadn't really noticed anything so Im contemplating sending them back.

K.Huget
12-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Things are looking good so far and it's good to see you found this site so early on in your training to get you going in the right direction. I also think that despite your back injury you should still lower the weight and practice proper form. There is no substitute for free weights. What gym are you working out at?

Good luck with your training

-RL-
12-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Things are looking good so far and it's good to see you found this site so early on in your training to get you going in the right direction. I also think that despite your back injury you should still lower the weight and practice proper form. There is no substitute for free weights. What gym are you working out at?

Good luck with your training

World Gym

Yah Im defiantly going to have to start doing the deads properly.

-RL-
12-08-2009, 08:40 PM
I just realized that I was suppose to be doing chinups, but instead have been doing pullups. Im going to start doing chins now and correct the mistake I have made.

-RL-
12-09-2009, 11:36 AM
8 Dec 2009 (Week Two)

Workout B

Squat 3x5 145pnds
Standing Military Press 3x5 80pnds
Pendlay Row 3x5 90pndsx2 100pndsx1

Situp Machine 3x5 55,60,65pnds

Squats- Didnt go up this workout. Im concentrating on the form and ATG.
Press- Felt Good. Move up a bit next workout.
Row- First time doing these rows. Worked on form mostly. Weight felt good.
Chins- First time doing the chins rather than the pullups like Ive been doing.

I got my supps. Started taking the creatine mono I got. Im taking 10g a day. 5g in the morning and 5g after my workout. From all Ive read this is correct. If not let me know.

james_w8lifter
12-10-2009, 07:23 AM
Nice workout. Theres nothing wrong with doing pull-ips but throwing in chin-ups is good too as chin-ups are easier to do for most people. I take 5g of creatine before my workout and 5g after just because its what it recommends on the bottle. But im sure the way your doing it is fine

-RL-
12-10-2009, 12:21 PM
9th December 2009 (Week Three)

Workout A

Squat 3x5 140pndsx1 155pndsx2
Dumbbell Flat Bench 3x5 45pndsx1 50pndsx2
Deadlift 1x5 205pnds
Assisted Dips 2x8 45pnds

Hyperextension 3x8 35pnds
Situp Machine 3x5 60,65,70pnds

Squats- The first set I did I thought it was 145, not 140. Whoops. Hammered out the 155x2, thats a new PR. Nothing huge but progress none the less.
Bench- Lost my 5th rep on the 2nd set of 50pnds. I lost it on my left arm, right arm had lots to go. Made up for it on my 3rd set and hammered out a solid 6 reps.
Deadlift- YES A REAL DEADLIFT! Felt awesome. Working on the form as I hadnt done them in awhile. I will continue doing them with a bar now. I learned my lesson.
Dips- Concentrating on hitting the chest on these. No progress this week.

Thats 2 workouts in a row using no machines on the main exercises. Feels way better, like I'm actually doing something. Ive been wondering if dumbbell bench is harder to do than barbell bench? Im also doing my 2 warm up sets before every exercise, I hope thats fine.

Finally, I didn't mention this in my original post, but this program calls for a couple additional workouts in week three and so on. They will only take place on the last workout of every week. So Im looking forward to it. It goes as follows:

Parallel Bar dips or incline skullcrushers - 2 x 8-12
barbell/DB/EZ-Bar curls - 2 x 8-12

10th November 2009

Thought Id add that I weighed in at 193 this morning dry.

Just in case you don't know what I mean by dry, thats after a piss n ****.

K.Huget
12-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Nice PR on the squat and it's nice to see some real deads. Keep it up.

Check out this article on creatine dosage taken right from this website. It will help save money
http://www.wannabebig.com/supplements/the-optimal-creatine-dosing-schedule/

-RL-
12-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Huget- Thanks for the article.

11 Dec 2009 (Week Three)

Workout B

Squat 3x5 155pnds
Standing Military Press 3x5 85pnds
Pendlay Row 3x5 105pnds
Assisted Chinups 2x8 65pnds

Squat- Squats were good, but they are starting to feel heavier now. I may only be slowly progressing from now on.
Press- Presses went up 5 pounds. I still feel like I could go more. Leave that for next workout session.
Rows- Really trying to work on form still. Using the mirrors to assist me the best I can.
Chins- Made a little progress here also.

I went to the gym before work today and I ran out of time. I got all my main exercises done so that was great. I'm sure a skipping a day of hypers and situps wont kill me. I also had a brutal headache the whole time I was working out so Im sure that effected some of my lifts. The headache was really killing me on the squats especially.

-RL-
12-12-2009, 05:12 PM
I was messing around with fitday and I came across something that made me laugh.
http://i49.tinypic.com/eg3ezd.jpg

K.Huget
12-12-2009, 05:51 PM
I've tried doing that with fitday too and got the same message haha. Funny how gaining weight seems ridiculous to them.

The thing I find about squats is they always feel heavy. Even the warmup sets usually feel tough. Something about having a large amount of weight on your back really triggers something in your brain that tells you "get it off". Of the three big lifts the squat is definetely the toughest mentally.

Keep it up

-RL-
12-12-2009, 08:26 PM
James - You asked when I first started posting that i put pics. Well here they are. A very humbling experience indeed. Hopefully I can have these for the progress I make. I just weighed myself and I came in at 199. When I woke up I was roughly 195.5. I could probably get measurements if anyone thinks that would matter or be important. As of about mid June i was 175 pounds.

http://i49.tinypic.com/3ymc5.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/24xkxtt.jpg

james_w8lifter
12-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Much respect for posting the pics. Now you can really gauge your progression over time. Keep lifting hard and construct a solid diet plan for yourself. Make sure you are getting at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight, so in your case, 195+ grams a day. Don't be discouraged if your not happy with your pics, you will get where you want to go with time

-RL-
12-13-2009, 02:59 PM
I found an interesting site in regards to weight loss, but it also works for weight gain I guess. You put in some details about yourself and how many calories you eat a day, then it spits out a chart of how your expected weight gain should go.
According the chart, since Im at 195 now. As of about the end of March 2010 I should be roughly about 210. Heres the link if anyone is curious, let me know how accurate you think it is.

http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal_act.php

-RL-
12-13-2009, 03:09 PM
12 December 2009

Day off from working out. Ill post my fitday for the day. Only hit just over 3k. I think Im going to aim for 3500- 4000, so I missed the mark today. Got really busy when I planned on cramming those other 500 calories down. I hit an acceptable amount of protein though I think.
http://i45.tinypic.com/zv29s6.jpg

swilrock
12-13-2009, 03:17 PM
agree

-RL-
12-14-2009, 09:45 PM
13th December 2009 (Week Three)

Workout A

Squat 3x5 160pnds
Dumbbell Flat Bench 3x5 50pnds
Deadlift 1x5 225pnds
Assisted Dips 2x8 40pnds

Situp Machine 3x5 ran out of time/ gym closed

Extra Day 3 Only Workouts

Skull Crushers 2x8 50pnd
Dumbbell Curls 2x8 30pnds

Squats- Heavy as normal, concentrate on form, thats it.
Bench- 1st set I slipped with my right arm on the 3rd rep, re did it. Rest went well.
Dead- Heavy, form good I think.
Dips- Harder, but progress.

This was a longer workout, couldnt get the situps in due to lack of time. Did the 2 new exercises as I wanted to get them done. Skull crushers were surprisingly difficult. Upon doing the dead I felt something tear in my abdomen area on a warm up set. I took a little break and the pain went away. Not too sure what it was.

Fitday for today:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2hrfzw5.jpg

I could've eaten more, but I had to stop since I couldnt eat after 12 because of the dentist.

-RL-
12-14-2009, 09:49 PM
14 December 2009 (Day Off)

I had to go in this morning and get 2 wisdom teeth pulled. Hurts like a mother ****er still. The lady took 2 hours to get them both out, they were in there damn good.

So now my face is swollen, I cant stand to eat a bit, but my stomach is growling and Im starving. I havnt eaten a damn thing all day. Ive had water, but even still my mouth is still bleeding a bit. Have I mentioned my face hurts like a mother ****er.

Im on some percocet, but its not really helping IMO. If it is doing something then thank god I have it or the pain would be unbearable.

Im going to try and swallow a couple eggs and drink a protein shake still. See If I can. Good thing I have tomorrow off the gym also.

james_w8lifter
12-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Good job on the diet, lots of protein... Sorry to hear about the teeth though, Im supposed to get some wisdom teeth pulled but Ive been putting it off lol

K.Huget
12-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Diet looks good. If you want to add more calories I'd suggest more healthy fats. Peanut butter, sardines, olive oil, canola oil are all good sources.

-RL-
12-16-2009, 04:21 PM
My diet in the past 2 days has sucked ass. I havn't really eaten anything of substance. All just liquids.

Im suppose to go to the gym tonight, but Im clearly not up for it due to the lack of food and everything else. My face is still ****ed. Hopefully I can get to the gym tomorrow night. Im not really sure what to do, Ill have to end up doing my whole week of training in 3 days. Im not suppose to do any heavy lifting for 3 - 5 days, so I have a feeling the whole week may be shot.

james_w8lifter
12-16-2009, 09:30 PM
My diet in the past 2 days has sucked ass. I havn't really eaten anything of substance. All just liquids.

Im suppose to go to the gym tonight, but Im clearly not up for it due to the lack of food and everything else. My face is still ****ed. Hopefully I can get to the gym tomorrow night. Im not really sure what to do, Ill have to end up doing my whole week of training in 3 days. Im not suppose to do any heavy lifting for 3 - 5 days, so I have a feeling the whole week may be shot.

It's ok, just hit hard when you recover and get back in there. No mercy! lol

-RL-
12-18-2009, 11:49 AM
17 Dec 2009 (Week Four)

Workout B

Squat 3x5 165pnds
Standing Military Press 3x5 90pndsx1 85pndsx2
Pendlay Row 3x5 115pnds
Assisted Chinups 2x8 65pndsx1 60pndsx1

Squat- Felt Good. Kinda of getting a little wobbly in the knees on the 3rd set 5th rep.
Press- Started at 90pnds thinking I could do er. The 5th rep I had to use a lil leg but I got it. Decided to drop the weight to 85pnds. The next 2 sets were harder than expected. On the 2nd set I had to use the legs on the 5th rep again. 3rd set had to use the legs on the 4th and 5th rep.
Row- Put a little more weight on. It was enough weight that I was barely getting the 5th rep. Concentrating on form still.
Chinups- Best yet. Probably could've done both a 60pnds assisted. Next workout maybe.

First day back in the gym after that tooth extraction. Forced myself to get back in there. My jaw still hurts quite badly and eating is such a pain in the ass, but Im doing it. Im thinking my press was so crappy because of the lack of calories I had in the past few days. I started stuffing my face again today though. Wish I could've gotten in more calories, but meh. I also was cutting it close at the gym closing time again today so I didnt get in the situps and the hyperextensions. Im glad I got the main workouts finished though, thats what counts.

Fitday for Today:
http://i45.tinypic.com/1538va0.jpg

james_w8lifter
12-18-2009, 07:43 PM
Nice job getting back in the gym

-RL-
12-21-2009, 04:51 PM
20th December 2009 (Week Four)

Workout A

Squat 3x5 165pnds
Deadlift 1x5 225pnds
Assisted Dips 2x8 45pnds

Situp Machine 3x5 65pnds

Squats - Maybe getting a bit better, might up it 5 to 10 pounds
Bench - Having a hard time getting past the 50
Dead - Felt Good. I just dont want to go heavier and hurt my form/back.
Dips - Screwed up and went 5 pounds lighter, none the less, they are done.

Good workout. Not much to say about it. My jaw still hurts a bit which is still making eating a pain. Thats what Im having the hardest problem with right now, eating. My sleep pattern is all screwed up and because of that Im eating inconsistent and such. I should probably be getting in more calories.

Fitday:
http://i46.tinypic.com/hrbldz.jpg

james_w8lifter
12-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Nice workout... Need to up those carbs some. Maybe once you heal up you'll be able to eat whatever you want. I bet chewing that steak was a biatch lol

-RL-
12-22-2009, 03:33 PM
James - Yah I noticed after I posted that I really should've upped my intake on the carbs. I cut the steak in tiny pieces, lol. It was very tender so that helped, thanks to the cook, haha.

21 Dec 2009 (Week Four)

Workout B

Squat 3x5 165pnds
Standing Military Press 3x5 85pnds
Pendlay Row 3x5 125pnds
Assisted Chinups 2x8 60pnds

Declined Situp 3x5 25pnds

Skull Crushers 2x8 50pnd
Dumbbell Curls 2x8 35pnds x 6 x 5

Squat - Didnt move up again. Feeling better though.
Press - These are a bitch, try to up next workout.
Row - Felt better than last week, more weight, thats progress.
Chins - Moved up, feels awesome.

So this is the dreaded 3rd day workout. I had to force myself to go to the gym, but once I was there I was lovin' it. This is my first workout in this program with no machines in anything. Feels good man. I was thinking they should trade in those machines for some cages and half racks, do the gym some good. I guess that wouldnt be good for the family atmosphere they are going for.

I'm giving it hard on everything, even my warmups, which I do 2 sets for everything. If Im doing a 85pnd press, I start with a 70, then 75, then go on to my working set. Is this too high? Not sure, but I leave everytime busted.

Short day due to my ****ed up sleeping. Tried to eat as much as possible, but I was short I know. Bad me.

Fitday:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2igodhg.jpg

K.Huget
12-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Good job staying consistent with the workouts, keep it up

-RL-
12-31-2009, 11:24 AM
I havnt been able to update my workouts in the past week or so because my computer broke on me. Over the Christmas break I wasnt as consistent as I would have liked. With work , family get togethers, and the gym closing early on several days it made it difficult.

Im keeping track of my workouts and I will update the journal when I get a chance.

-RL-
12-31-2009, 08:31 PM
27th December 2009 (Week Five)

Workout A

Squat 3x5 170pnds
Deadlift 1x5 235pnds
Assisted Dips 2x8 45pndsx1 40pndsx1

Declined Situps 3x5 30pnds

Squats went up 5 pounds. Dead went up 10 pounds. Dips went up a bit also.
Good workout generally after being away from the gym due to "life". Going to try and get back on track this week and straighten things out.

-RL-
12-31-2009, 08:42 PM
30 Dec 2009 (Week Five)

Workout B

Squat 3x5 175pnds
Standing Military Press 3x5 85pndsx2 90pndsx1
Pendlay Row 3x5 135pnds
Assisted Chinups 2x8 60pndsx1 55pndsx1

Declined Situp 3x5 30pnds

Squats- Went up 5 pounds again, felt really good. Maybe up it another 5pnds next workout.
Press- Definitely feeling stronger in this. Hopefully I will be pushing 25 plates soon.
Row- Maybe a tiny bit heavier then I should have been going. Ill keep it hee for the next couple workouts maybe.
Chins- Moving up fine

-RL-
01-13-2010, 05:59 PM
2nd January 2010 (Week Five)

Workout A

Squat 3x5 175pnds
Deadlift 1x5 245pnds
Assisted Dips 2x8 40pnds

Declined Situps 3x5 30pnds

Skull Crushers 2x8 50pnds
Dumbbell Curls 2x8 35pnds

-RL-
01-13-2010, 06:02 PM
5th January 2010 (Week Six)

Workout B

Squat 3x5 185pnds
Standing Military Press 3x5 90pnds
Pendlay Row 3x5 135pnds
Assisted Chinups 2x8 55pnds

-RL-
01-13-2010, 06:04 PM
8th January 2010 (Week Six)

Workout A

Squat 3x5 185pnds
Dumbbell Flat Bench 3x5 50pndsx1 55pndsx2
Deadlift 1x5 255pnds
Assisted Dips 2x8 40pndsx1 35pndsx1

-RL-
01-13-2010, 06:11 PM
11th January 2010 (Week Six)

Workout B

Squat 3x5 185pnds
Standing Military Press 3x5 90pndsx2 95pndsx1
Bent Over Row 3x5 135pnds
Assisted Chinups 2x8 50pndsx1 45pndsx1

Skull Crushers 2x8 50pnds
Dumbbell Curls 2x8 35pnds
Hammer Curls 2x8 35pnds

Well my updates have been lacking due to the fact my laptop kicked the can. My lifts have been going up slowly in many areas.

The only part of my routine I have changed is the pendlay rows to bent over rows. I find the bent over rows better for me. I imagine they eventually are aimed at the same goal, so I hope it doesnt wreck anything drastically for me.

Im moving onto week 7 tonight. As for my fitdays, I havnt been able to do them hence the computer. I will try and update more regularly now. My weight is not up much, but I feel stronger. Im at 195 with a 191 start. Not very good over 2 months I guess, but Id like to pretend its not all fat.

james_w8lifter
01-13-2010, 09:03 PM
good workouts man

james_w8lifter
02-11-2010, 12:14 PM
Where are you?

-RL-
02-23-2010, 06:17 PM
About the same time I stopped posting here my laptop broke on me. I have no other way of being on the Internet now other than my itouch. I'm still working out and making progress. I still read the site, but it's hard to reply viamy means. I hope to journal again as I enjoyed it. Hopefully that will be soon. I'm up to about 204 pounds now, hopefully still moving up. That's about 35 pounds in 8 months. I guess for now I will have to let this journal die.