PDA

View Full Version : The Final Cut - The Gasman's Journey to the single digits.

The Gasman UK
11-29-2009, 12:23 PM
The Final Cut
The Gasman's Journey to single digit bodyfat..

Once an endo always an endo? Well not quite. My phenotype is 1.65 endo/meso so I've still got a fighting chance.

Anyway, down to business.
EXPERIENCE:
Lifting/Bodybuilding - Just under 4 years.
Martial Arts - 10 years +
Distance running - 1 year.

Stats:
Height - 6"0
Weight - 183lbs
Bodyfat - 18% approx

1RM's:
Bench - 90kg (198lbs)
Deadlift - 170kg (374lbs)
Squat - 150kg (330lbs)

Goals:
- Cut down to 9.9% or lower bodyfat.
- Maintain muscle mass.
- Increase strength through efficent training.
- Increase cardio fitness to finish a half marathon in 1:30 or under.
- Enjoy the process and keep a log online!! :clap:

About me:
I've been training in various disciplines for many years. Martial arts was always my main background until I discovered weights, which led me in to bodybuilding. I made the noob mistakes of too much isolation and too many bicep curls. Then I met an Australian ex champion Powerlifter at the gym who was an instructor. He showed me the ways of the Squat and deadlift and from then on I fell in love with the feeling of power, strength and the way of the bodybuilder.

But also I was lured in to distance running by work colleagues to raise money for charity. Now I've never been any good at running, so my aim was only to raise money for charity, do the races, enjoy them and JUST FINISH. Though being the competitive fellow I am, I put the work in, and beat them all by getting the best time. It also shifted a good few lbs of bodyfat off me.

Now is the time to take it further, I want the CUTS the DEFINITION the RIPPED LOOK! And I'm willing to do what it takes to get it ...

Log starts Monday 30th November. In the meantime check out the attachement photo's of me at my previous and current weight/fat levels. The first one is me at 100kg (220lb) and 24% bodyfat in Jan 09. The 2nd is me at 86kg(190lbs) and 19%, and the last one is the most recent with me at 83kg (183lbs) and 18% fat.

Enjoy the ride!!

james_w8lifter
11-29-2009, 12:30 PM
You've definitely made progress since January. Congrats on the new journal and good luck!

Unholy
11-29-2009, 01:03 PM
Best of luck on your Journey, I'll be following along for sure!

Joe Black
11-30-2009, 02:40 AM
Great progress so far and not a bad squat and deadlift. I'll be stopping in regularly!

The Gasman UK
11-30-2009, 03:51 AM
Thanks for stopping by guys. This is my first log and I'm realising the extra motivation it gives you. I'll be posting the days progress at the end of each day.

I am currently on week 4 of the 'Increase your bench by 30lbs in 30 days' program. I know you're supposed to increase calories on it, but I've managed to cut with it as it fits in to my 3 days of lifting per week. After I finish, e.g. next week I'll be starting a 5x5 3 times a week.

- Weigh in will be every Friday morning.
- Bodyfat and weigh in posted once per month, unless people think I should do this once a fortnight?
- Will post new pics once per month at the same time as the bodyfat check.
- I will post daily reports of the days workout, food intake with calorie balance and any other thoughts that might be interesting.
- In the style of Jaberwocki I'll see if I can slam some videos online to spice things up a bit. :)

Any advice, comments and suggestions are more than welcome!

The Gasman.

The Gasman UK
11-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Monday 30th November:
Training - Week 4 day 1 of +30lb Bench Program
Macros (C/P/F) - 33/39/28
Calories In - 2,397
Calories Out - 2,808
Cal. Balance -411 Good

Woke up earlier than normal for work, jumped right out of bed. Was a bit tired from the 15km run on Sunday but had 10 hours sleep so all good. Had breakfast, which is just enough to kick start my metabolism. Most people might think my breakfast is too small, but I've found a smaller breakfast and a larger post workout meal works best to manage my hunger. And most of the modern research is showing 3 vs 6 meals per day that neither has an advantage overall. It's as much about managing hunger and calorie balance than anything. If you disagree please feel free to post.

Had a quiet day at work, with some light activity - including walking 30 minutes. Went to the gym at 6.15pm and trained for 65 minutes as it was very busy so had to wait a little longer than normal between sets. Had to do squats first rather than bench, legs were sore from the run yesterday but still managed two good working sets of 5 x 308lbs (140kg). Bench press progress is going well, I heartily recommend the program and I think with excess calories rather than a cut it could be incredible!!

Todays Food - Please see attached Screenshot

Todays Workout

Squat - Warmup 1 - 20kg x 12 reps
Warmup 2 - 60kg x 10 reps
Warmup 3 - 100kg x 8 reps
Set 1 - 140kg x 5 reps
Set 2 - 140kg x 5 reps
Notes - Legs a little shakey from yesterdays run. Lower back compensated for this.

Bench Press - Warmup 1 - 35kg x 10 reps
- Warmup 2 - 55kg x 8 reps
- Set 1 - 85kg x 3 reps
- Set 2 - 85kg x 3 reps
- Set 3 - 85kg x 5 reps
Notes - I know the program says 3x3 today but I felt strong and went for 5 on the last set. Happy with this.

Skull Crushers - No Warmup
- Set 1 - 43kg x 10
- Set 2 - 43kg x 8
Notes - Triceps weakened on the last couple of reps. Low calories is to blame. Or maybe the increased bench earlier.

Triceps Pushdown - No Warmup
- Set 1 - 31.5kg x 10
Notes - Triceps Tired, low weight for clean reps.

Lat Pulldown (Curl Grip) - Warmup 1 - 10 x 31.5kg
- Set 1 - 10 x 76.5kg
- Set 2 - 10 x 76.5kg
Notes - I love this excercise :) Never did it before this plan.

Calf Raise - Warmup 1 - 15 x 110kg
- Set 1 - 12 x 175kg
- Set 2 - 12 x 183kg
Notes - I know the plan says 2x10 but this just isn't enough for me...

Abs - 2 sets of 15 back to back.

Right that's all folks. Would be interested to hear from anyone else who has done/is doing the 30lb in 30 days bench program!

Check in again tomorrow for the next installment.

Gasman. :)

Joe Black
11-30-2009, 02:08 PM
ooooooooooh look at you and your fancy formatting ;)

Looks like a good workout and great work on the diet - macros look good too!!

Never thought of screengrabbing my fitday!

The Gasman UK
12-01-2009, 05:29 AM
Cheers Dan. Yeah it was a lot quicker to capture what I'd consumed, I started doing it in Excel then got p***** off with it so thought I'd just screen grab.

But what it doesn't give is a breakdown of my meals throughout the day so I'll give you a breakdown of how my working week (Monday-Friday goes) with Monday's example:

Breakfast 8am
1 Slice Wholewheat toast with
Plant Sterol Spread and 1 Tablespoon PB
1 Scoop whey with Water, BCAA and Glutamine
1 English breakfast tea with semi-skim milk
(C/P/F) - 25/40.6/19.0 - 439 calories

Snack 12pm
1 Small apple
20g of Roast Almonds
1 Meal Replacement Shake
(C/P/F) - 54.4/31.7/18.8 - 460 calories

Dinner 3.30pm
1 Ham & Spinach sandwich on Wholewheat bread
1 scoop whey with water, BCAA and Glutamine
(C/P/F) - 48.5/32.5/18.5 - 514 calories

Preworkout 5pm
1 Banana
1 Scoop preworkout drink, BCAA and Beta Alanine
(C/P/F) - 42/10.3/0.4 - 201 calories

- Workout 6.15pm - 7.20pm : 4 scoops Xtend (BCAA drink) 10g protein/ 40 cals approx.

PWO 7.20pm
1 scoop whey with water, BCAA and Glutamine
(C/P/F) - 4.9/31/3 - 190 calories

Tea 8pm
Small Lean Sirloin Beef Steak, fat not eaten
Some small mushrooms
20 sprays of olive oil for frying (20cals)
150g of baked potato wedges with pepper
Spinach and tomato salad - no dressing
(C/P/F) - 44.3/41.7/14.4 - 461 calories

then one scoop of propeptide before bed,
115 cals, 3/22.5/1.5

Easy. Gosh that took me ages, my eating habits are identical to this in terms of how often, and the calorie values, though i might change out a protein shake for beef jerky or swap an apple for some blueberries or perhaps have chicken on my sandwiches instead of ham. But the times I eat, the value and macros remain constant.

Where I usually fall down is the weekend. I'm hoping to stay more consistent with help of this log.

I'm just gonna post my Fitday screen grab rather than spend 30 minutes writign out what I've eaten, just wanted to give everyone an indicaiton of my routine. Thanks for following along.

james_w8lifter
12-01-2009, 07:31 AM
Damn I agree, nice formatting in here. I like the notes after each exercise. Makes my journal look like s*** haha. From looking at what you are eating you definately know what your doing with your diet.

The Gasman UK
12-01-2009, 08:09 AM
Cheers for the commetns James. It's easier than I thought to log as I work in IT so I've got access to a PC most of the day.

I do think I have a bit too much liquid food, and I'm hungry a lot of time, but that's the sacrifice I've got to endure. This is why this process is so hard, not everyone can make it.

Your logs good mate, I'm just checking it out now! Keep up the good work.

The Gasman UK
12-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Tuesday 1st December:
Training - Muay Thai (Thai Boxing) 90 minutes
Macros (C/P/F) - 41/31/27
Calories In - 2,369
Calories Out - 3,500
Cal. Balance -1131 !!YOWZA!!

Nothing much to report at work, except the car battery is dying had to get a friend to pick a new one up after work for me. Work was a bit boring, had to get out of my chair and go for a walk, it's the run up to Xmas too quiet for me. So by time I'd finished work I was itching for a good session. Was starting at a new club today but because of my experience I didn't want to have to go through all the beginner motions.

Wow, I nearly forgot how intense it can get. And that wasn't even a particularly intense class. In BB terms its a combination of HIT, HIIT, Steady state medium cardio, stretching, bag and pad work and lots of bodywork movements. Looking forward to getting into sparring and some competitions since I've slammed a fair bit o muscle on since my last fights. Loving it. Got in and had to get some sugar, so had a pint o milk with some choc mix powder, glutamine and a slice of wholewheat toast. Could have ate it twice though but I'll never get a six pack that way ;) Just write this log then go play some COD: Mod 2 :)

Todays Workout

Thai Boxing - 90 Minutes (Medium-high intensity)

james_w8lifter
12-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Ive always loved the idea of trying some Muay Thai training. Never had the time and there's nowhere within 50 miles that teaches it. Looking at your food log makes me thankful that I am bulking. Just the sight of your log makes me hungry. lol. Solid job of sticking to the diet though

Joe Black
12-02-2009, 01:15 AM
I have a friend that competes in thai boxing regularly, it requires a lot of dedication to train for competitions and to make the weight etc!

I know how you feel working in IT sometimes. I used to be part of a web team which was always pretty quiet around Christmas and I also found myself just randonly going for walks to keep concious :)

I think the key to knowing if you are eating enough to lose weight is when you get several hunger feelings per day and you feel you could eat each meal twice :)

The Gasman UK
12-02-2009, 04:41 AM
Ive always loved the idea of trying some Muay Thai training. Never had the time and there's nowhere within 50 miles that teaches it. Looking at your food log makes me thankful that I am bulking. Just the sight of your log makes me hungry. lol. Solid job of sticking to the diet though

That's a shame, 50 miles is a little too far to travel for lessons. But if you do get an opportunity in the future I would say give it a try.

I have a friend that competes in thai boxing regularly, it requires a lot of dedication to train for competitions and to make the weight etc!

I know how you feel working in IT sometimes. I used to be part of a web team which was always pretty quiet around Christmas and I also found myself just randonly going for walks to keep concious :)

I think the key to knowing if you are eating enough to lose weight is when you get several hunger feelings per day and you feel you could eat each meal twice :)

Where does he compete? I'm not back up to competition standard yet, but it won't take me long. I certainly have more muscle and fitness than i did last time i trained, with less bodyfat and weight and it's showing in the lessons.

The flipside of working in IT is I have a great opportunity to eat when I need to, and not be too tired out when I train in the evenings. The bad side is I'm not using a lot of energy.

Yes I usually have two hunger pangs, one after my small breakfast, and one just before I eat dinner. I take 100mg caffiene or have some black coffee before training so that gives me a boost and stops my appetite a bit until I get the PWO shake and then PWO meal. Gotta be done though! Though I am gonna factor in a pizza at some point mmmm, need a cheat meal by time it gets to Saturday!

The Gasman UK
12-03-2009, 03:55 AM
Wednesday 2nd December:
Training - Week 4 day 2 of +30lb Bench Program
Macros (C/P/F) - 31/36/33
Calories In - 2,420
Calories Out - 2,973
Cal. Balance -553 Good

Today was the big one. Where I would be doing my 1 Rep max but not just 1 rep, but 3 sets of 3. And I f'ing nailed it!! GET IN!! Before starting the program my 1RM for bench was 90kg (198lbs), but today I did two good sets of 3 then a set of 3 with slight assistance on the last rep. Very happy.

I felt like I was on a roll so when I went on to the deadlifts I had decided to smash that 1RM as well... went for 170kg (374lbs). Got halfway up and had to drop it.. Fail.. :( Was a bit weak after that so dropped the weight and finished up. Good day overall though.

Todays Workout

Bench - Warmup 1 - 20kg x 10 reps
Warmup 2 - 40kg x 5 reps
Warmup 3 - 60kg x 4 reps
Set 1 - !PR*90kg x 3 reps*PR!
Set 2 - 90kg x 3 reps
Set 3 - 90kg x 2.5 reps
Notes - New PR. The magic 100kg (220lb) Bench is in sight !!

Deadlift - Warmup 1 - 20kg x 10 reps
Warmup 2 - 60kg x 10 reps
Warmup 3 - 100kg x 5 reps
Set 1 - 140kg x 3 reps
Set 2 - 170kg x 0.5 reps - FAIL
Set 3 - 160kg x 2 reps
Set 4 - 160kg x 2 reps
Notes - Mmm maybe 200kg (440lbs) is a little ambitious for XMAS. Will try for 170kg again next week! One step at a time.

Tricep Pushdown - 1x10 36.5kg

Abs - 2 sets of 15 back to back.

Additional - My friend wants to lose a bit of fat so he suggested we add on some cardio at the end. We did 20 minutes medium intensity spinning and bloody hell it was hard work after those deadlifts. Ouch.

Joe Black
12-03-2009, 05:01 AM
Good job on the bench PR. Screw spinning though lol...

Yep take it easy on the deadlifts. Smaller progression is better than screwing up your back by losing form on a weight that's too heavy.

james_w8lifter
12-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Nice PR on the benches bro. You might as well make your goal 225lbs so you can have 2 big plates on each side haha. Strong deads too. Like Daniel said, don't risk a back injury by overdoing it. I did that about a year ago and was out for a while. Really sucked

The Gasman UK
12-04-2009, 04:39 AM
Thursday 3rd December:
Training - 7km Run and 10 minutes Bag/Pad work
Macros (C/P/F) - 36/34/30
Calories In - 2,435
Calories Out - 3,171
Cal. Balance -736 Good

- Running on treadmill at 12.5 km/h for 36 minutes - Approx 600 calories burned.

- 10 minutes intense work on Punchbag and hand pads.

Additional - Me and work colleague went for a 30 minute brisk walk at lunchtime today to speed the fat loss!

All in all a good day. Friday is the final day of the bench program, bring it on!

Gasman.

The Gasman UK
12-04-2009, 05:01 AM
Friday 4th December:
Training - FINAL DAY of +30lb Bench Program
Macros (C/P/F) - 33/23/24/20 (alcohol)
Calories In - 3,168
Calories Out - 3,038
Cal. Balance +130 Poor

Weigh in - 81kg/179lbs (-2kg/4.4lbs)- Fantastic

Ok. I'm actually writing this at 11.45am on the day itself but I have done the final workout in the morning and have my food and beer planned out for the rest of the day so I'm prempting this entry today.

What can I say? Nice nice nice. The final day of the 30lb bench program and I loved it. My old 1 RM max was 90kg(198lb) and today I nailed 95kg(209lbs), a healthy 11lb increase. Remember I'm on a cut and the program says you should really be piling the calories in. Gasman is happy.

Oh and then there's the scale. No Bodyfat test, but definitely feel slimmer. Dropped nearly 5lbs, i'll come clean and say the last time I weighed myself was 2 weeks ago, so still 2.2lbs a week which is nice and healthy. Weigh in's will be every friday from now on!!

Tonight treat is 4 pints of ale (720 empty calories) and a small (9") takeaway pizza (1200calories). But I have factored these in and i will only be about 150 calories in excess today which is acceptable. After the hard effort but in this week I need a respite! Rest day tomorrow and then it begins again on Sunday. Next update will be then. Take it easy guys thanks for following along.

Todays Workout

Bench Press - Warmup 1 - 20kg x 15 reps
- Warmup 2 - 40kg x 8 reps
- Warmup 3 - 60kg x 6 reps
- Set 1 - !PR*95kg x 1 reps*PR!
- Set 2 - 90kg x 2 reps
Notes - Oh thank goodness. A bench program that finally worked for me.. I'm so happy lol! Right I am gonna enjoy my beers tonight!

Skull Crushers - No Warmup
- Set 1 - 43kg x 8
- Set 2 - 43kg x 8
Notes - Getting good at these now. Try to keep elbows in proper position and not flare out. I use the EZ bar as it works my hand position better, straight bar hurts my wrists.

Triceps Pushdown - No Warmup
- Set 1 - 36.5kg x 8 (failed on 8).
Notes - Triceps Tired and ended in failure.

Lat Pulldown (Curl Grip) - Warmup 1 - 10 x 31.5kg
- Set 1 - 10 x 76.5kg
- Set 2 - 10 x 76.5kg
Notes - All good. I think I'll keep doing this excercise on my next plan.

Bicep Bar Curls - Set 1 - 40kg x 10
- Set 2 - 40kg x 10

Notes - Sorry guys had to be a bicep whore :tuttut: and do a couple of cheeky sets.

Right that's that done. Now I need a new workout plan for my weight lifting. I was looking at 5x5 modifying it to do 3x5 for squats as my legs take constant hammer from Running and Thai boxing.

Any advice for a new weight training plan?
Goals
- Maintain muscle
- Increase strength if possible :ninja:
- Cut bodyfat
- Weight Train Monday/Wednesday/Friday only
- Train for no more than 60 minutes per session for weights.
- Allow legs to recover for other activities.
- Running on Low Calories (deficit between 500-700 average).

I am open to any proven training schedule, or hearing from anyone who has a good suggestion.

Take it easy guys, train hard and enjoy your weekend! :)

james_w8lifter
12-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Great PR on those benches and a fine workout there! Enjoy your beer and pizza, you deserve it after the strict diet you've been following haha. I'm sure there are plenty of good 3-day splits out there. Search around and I'm sure you'll find something.

The Gasman UK
12-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Weekend Report:
Training - Saturday - REST / Sunday - 12.5km Run
Cal. Balance +1,100 Oh dear..

I guess I pushed myself too hard during the week as I partied out and will power disappeared Friday night. I budget 4 pints and small pizza, but ended up having 7 pints and a greasy kebab. Bloody good night though.

Saturday was a busy day driving all over the place, out again with some old friends, ate ok, but a bit bad as I was out and about. Not too bad on the calories though I used more restraint.

Sunday I've pulled it back by taking in only 2000 cals and running 12.5km in an hour. For the 3 days I was surplus 1100 calories total which is bad, but workable. I really enjoyed myself though so that's what counts, but now I'm motivated to be more strict next weekend. Going out isn't the problem, but using a bit more control is. Gonna push it hard this week. Real hard. My CNS will not know what's hit it.

The Gasman UK
12-08-2009, 02:42 AM
Monday 8th December:
Training - Week 1 Day 1 5x5
Macros (C/P/F) - 37/38/24
Calories In - 1,959
Calories Out - 2,940
Cal. Balance -981 Excellent

Right after lots of research, lots of thinking over past experience and re-examination of my goals I put together a 3x5/5x5 training schedule which will still allow my low calorie intake and high intensity cardio.

Monday will be 3x5 so I'm ok for intense cardio (Thai Boxing on tuesday)
Wednesday is proper 5x5 as so is Friday. I've modified the excercises to suit my goals but I will still be squatting twice per week. If this proves to be detremental to my other activities I may swap one squat workout for some other compound lift. The next 2 weeks up until Xmas will be a Test period to see what is working for me then, then I'll be ready for a good 12 week run of the program in the new year.

Mondays workout was Bench, Squat, Barbell Row, Barbell Curls and Wrist Curls. I did well considering my low calories today. Well that's what loading up on carby beer and pizza does to ya at the weekend - full glycogen stores ! :)

Todays Workout

Bench - Warmup 1 - 20kg x 10 reps
Warmup 2 - 40kg x 5 reps
Warmup 3 - 60kg x 4 reps
Set 1 - 70kg x 5
Set 2 - 70kg x 5
Set 3 - 70kg x 5
Notes - No spotter :( Had to go light.

Squat - Warmup 1 - 20kg x 10 reps
Warmup 2 - 60kg x 5 reps
Warmup 3 - 100kg x 5 reps
Set 1 - 130kg x 5 reps
Set 2 - 130kg x 5 reps
Set 3 - 130kg x 5 reps
Notes - No problems, light weight to gauge the program at this stage.

Barbell Row - Warmup 1 - 60kg x 10 reps
Set 1 - 70kg x 5 reps
Set 2 - 80kg x 5 reps
Set 3 - 90kg x 5 reps
Notes - Must remember to go heavier next time.

Barbell Bicep Curl - Warmup 1 - 30kg x 10 reps
Set 1 - 35kg x 8 reps
Set 2 - 40kg x 8 reps
Set 3 - 40kg x 6 reps
Notes - I'm a curl Whore :tuttut:

Barbell Wrist Curl - Set 1 - 25kg x 18 reps
Set 2 - 25kg x 16 reps
Notes - This has worked wonders to build my grip strength and forearms.

Additional - I did 3 sets of 10 with 2 second squeezes on the Captain of Crush gripper level 1 (140lbs). If you struggle with grip, wrist or forearm strength I can't recommend these enough to you.

Joe Black
12-08-2009, 03:23 AM
Nice numbers, particularly considering you are just testing the program right now.

Hey, where did you pick up your Captain of Crush gripper?

hmmm.... pizza and beer at the weekend. I should be so lucky!!

The Gasman UK
12-08-2009, 08:57 AM
Well i have been training regularly its just a new way of organising the lifts. I love compounds.

http://www.pro-xsports.com/ for the grippers.

Yeah I went a little overboard that weekend, this weekend I am treating myself but gonna try to not to go to as much excess as I did, it's bloody hard work balancing it out afterwards.

ADDITIONAL EDIT - ..And I would recommend the 140lb'er, seems silly going lower. It was difficult at first but doing it 4 times a week I soon got there.

james_w8lifter
12-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Nice job on the rows and squats man. I am looking to reconstruct my routine pretty soon as well. Not sure which direction I'm gonna go yet though. I am curious, what is the "midnight express" listed on your fitday log? Is that some sort of protein?

The Gasman UK
12-09-2009, 04:01 AM
Nice job on the rows and squats man. I am looking to reconstruct my routine pretty soon as well. Not sure which direction I'm gonna go yet though. I am curious, what is the "midnight express" listed on your fitday log? Is that some sort of protein?

I love compound lifts. I hardly do any isolation nowadays :)

Oh that is Boditronics Midnight Express, not sure of it's availability in the US but it's a Whey/Casein/Egg protein with extra glutamine, HMB and a few other goodies. Chocolate flavour only, malty taste, nice before bed :) No Calcium so you can take it with ZMA, which I do.

The Gasman UK
12-09-2009, 04:05 AM
Tuesday 9th December:
Macros (C/P/F) - 36/30/34
Calories In - 2,469
Calories Out - 3,491
Cal. Balance -1022 HAVE IT!!

Bloody intense session, really pushed it hard. Lots of bag work without rest. Very high intensity for almost the entire 90 minutes with 2x 20 second water breaks.

Treated myself to a pint of 2% milk with 3 small spoons of chocolate Nesquik milkshake mix afterwards. Mmmmm. Chocolate milk is an excellent recovery drink following intense cardio.

Todays Workout

Thai Boxing - 90 Minutes (Very-high intensity)

The Gasman UK
12-10-2009, 04:42 AM
Wednesday 9th December:
Training - Week 1 Day 2 5x5 and 'Disco' Spin
Macros (C/P/F) - 33/36/31
Calories In - 2,534
Calories Out - 3,190
Cal. Balance -656 Good

Feeling overtrained in the morning. The previous two days of low calories and the intense thai boxing class hit me. I manned up and faced it head on. Coffee helped :) Lunchtime I did a 'Disco' spinning class for charity, where you paid a few as a donation and the gym instructors took the class dressed up in silly 70's costumes (very funny) with crazy disco music playing. A good laugh and a good way to raise money for charity and burn a few calories. I immediately devoured my sandwich and protein shake after that.

The evenings training was the next day of my 5x5, still feeling drained but I pushed it as hard as I could. Still testing the water as this is the first time I've put together a 5x5. I am enjoying it though!!

Todays Food - I'm not posting the food anymore, I will keep track of it on Fitday, and continue to post calorie and macro counts though. My eating is fairly consistent as you can see, with saturday as cheat day :)

Todays Workout

Military Press - Warmup 1 - 5kg x 10 reps
Warmup 2 - 25kg x 5 reps
Set 1 - 55kg x 5
Set 2 - 60kg x 5
Set 3 - 60kg x 5
Set 4 - 60kg x 5
Set 5 - 60kg x 5
Notes - 55 was too light. 60 was a good start. No problems.

Bodyweight Pullups -
Set 1 - B x 5
Set 2 - B x 5
Set 3 - B x 5
Set 4 - B x 5
Set 5 - B x 5
Notes - Very easy. I remember last year I couldn't do more than 3 pullups. The most i've done in one set recently is 12, struggling though. Think I need to use a belt with extra weight. I'll try 5kg (11lbs) next time.

Deadlift - Warmup 1 - 60kg x 6 reps
Warmup 2 - 100kg x 5 reps
Set 1 - 140kg x 5
Set 2 - 140kg x 3
Set 3 - 140kg x 4
Notes - Hmm my overtraining became more apparent on the ol' deadlift. Difficult to maintain concentration to get all 5 reps out on the 2nd and last set, so played it safe and just did what felt right.

Tricep Overhead - Set 1 - 38kg x 10
Set 2 - 38kg x 10
Notes - Just a quick finisher on the tri's. No drama.

james_w8lifter
12-10-2009, 07:19 AM
Nice workout and intense muay thai seesion! I know how you feel being completely drained froma previos days activities. Glad to see you pushed through it.

The Gasman UK
12-11-2009, 01:55 AM
Thursday 10th December:
Training - Hill running, HIIT and boxing
Macros (C/P/F) - 38/33/29
Calories In - 2,517
Calories Out - 3,046
Cal. Balance -529 Good

Went for a lunchtime walk with my work colleague who's trying shift some fat. Did a brisk 40 minutes in the cold.

After work I did 30 minutes HIIT and hill running outside with my neighbour who's trying to increase her sprint endurance. Went well we pushed quite hard. Then afterwards did a few minutes stretching out and a 3 minute circuit on the punchbag and pads. Job done.

Todays Food - Similar to previous days no problems.

Todays Workout

Moderate intensity walking - 40 minutes
HIIT/Hill running - 30 minutes
Stretching - 3 minutes
Boxing circuit - 3 minutes

GoodyGirl
12-11-2009, 03:52 AM
Hey Gasman, just found your journal so will tag along and watch with keen interest. I'm trying to shed some more fat too. I want abs!!! Looks like you've been workin' your little backside off in here!

The Gasman UK
12-11-2009, 06:43 AM
Hey Gasman, just found your journal so will tag along and watch with keen interest. I'm trying to shed some more fat too. I want abs!!! Looks like you've been workin' your little backside off in here!

Excellent. Great to have you along, I've been reading some of your log and your journey so very. Very impressed. I especially like the bit on your intro where some women tells you to stop and you say it just made you want to go further. That's the kind of attitude I get on board with.

Quick Update:

Friday 11th December
Weigh in 81kg (-2kg / -4.4lbs)

no change from last week - No worries here, this usually happens and then all of a sudden next week I will make a big drop. It's how my body seems to lose weight. Maybe something to do with sodium levels or water retention?

Additionally, I usually weigh in on empty stomach in my gym clothes. This time though was after breakfast in my work clothes. The real test will be next friday!

The Gasman UK
12-14-2009, 06:04 AM
Weekend Report:
Training - None (Walking only)
Cal. Balance +770 Acceptable

Had a busy weekend. Didn't intend to train as my legs were fried. Managed a decent 2 and a half hour walk in the countryside on saturday and about 7 hours walking round London on Sunday.

The calorie balance didn't turn out too bad for the entire weeekend, only about 770 over what i used. That will be easily corrected tonight.

This week is going to be a mega hard training and restricted intake, as I am taking a break from intense training until after xmas from Sunday. I am aiming to get down to 80kg (176lbs) by Friday and then also test my bodyfat - previous reading 18%. I will train intense, get lots of rest and not many calories and I should make it.

james_w8lifter
12-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Can't wait to see the mega hard training this week :thumbsup:. And remember just because your weight is the same for a couple of weeks doesn't mean you aren't burning fat and building muscle!

The Gasman UK
12-15-2009, 03:49 AM
Monday 14th December:
Training - Week 2 Day 1 5x5
Macros (C/P/F) - 43/34/23
Calories In - 2,481
Calories Out - 3,841
Cal. Balance -1360 Maybe a bit too far.. eek

Well James, I said I was going for it this week and that's exactly what I'm going to do. A minimum 1000 calorie deficit is what I'm aiming for each day. I'm gonna be foo-bard by the weekend!

Train hard, be strong and don't let anything stand in your way!

Todays Food - Not enough !! :(

Todays Workout

Barbell Row:
60kg x 10
90kg x 5
90kg x 5
90kg x 5

Squats:
60kg x 8
100kg x 5
140kg x 5
140kg x 4 (nearly fainted on this one lol)
140kg x 5

Bench Press:
60kg x 8
75kg x 5
75kg x 5
75kg x 5

Barbell Curl:
25kg x 10
40kg x 8
40kg x 6

Wrist Curl:
25kg x 16
25kg x 15
25kg x 14

The weights took about 1 hour. In the meantime I was sipping on my Xtend. I headed upstairs to the cardio room and Ran 10km at 12.1 km/h on 1% incline and used just over 950 calories including a 3 minute cooldown. Then I did a couple of minutes stretching. Total time in gym - about 2 hours. I'm glad I'm only doing this for 1 week! Upping the BCAA intake to compensate.

Standby for the next installement.

-RL-
12-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Great Journal. Ill be following it to see how your cut goes. Great commitment on the meal plan thus far.

james_w8lifter
12-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Squats, benches, and rows! Very nice man... I'm gonna be honest, when you posted your fitday entries on here and I saw Xtend on it, I thought it was a penis enlarger pill or something before I looked it up :zipit::zipit::zipit:... haha

The Gasman UK
12-16-2009, 03:48 AM
ROFL@ James! You love it. No it's a low calorie BCAA, Glutamine drink with a bit o flavouring. Just keeps me going through my long sessions. If I was bulking I wouldn't bother with it, but I find BCAA intake aids muscle retention on a heavy cut. And the sweet taste quenches the old thirst a bit better than just plain water.

The Gasman UK
12-16-2009, 03:51 AM
Tuesday 15th December:
Macros (C/P/F) - 36/29/35
Calories In - 2,496
Calories Out - 3,366
Cal. Balance -870 Good

Todays session was good. Moderate intensity, lots of technique work. Felt better as I ate more carbs today.

Didn't quit hit my daily target of minus 1000 calories but this is ok as I'll have more energy for weights on Wednesday.

Todays Food - Nothing out of the ordinary.

Todays Workout

Thai Boxing - 90 Minutes (Moderate intensity)

Coke
12-16-2009, 07:03 AM
Good stuff in here with the muay thai and workout sessions man.

james_w8lifter
12-16-2009, 09:29 PM
I agree with Coke... Me and my dad just hung a heavy bag in the gym the other day, gonna start murdering that thing. lol

Joe Black
12-17-2009, 12:51 AM
The carsb make a big difference for energy for work outs.

As soon as I started having a good pre workout meal (normall 3 weetabix, milk and 2 Nitreans) I felt much stronger in the gym!

Keep up the good work!

The Gasman UK
12-17-2009, 06:14 AM
Cheers for the support everyone.

My advice from many years of martial arts and boxing - Buy some wrist wraps!! They cost next to nothing, dead easy to use and help keep your wrists and fists in the correct position. It only takes 1 bad punch at an angle to knacker your wrist for the next 3 months. Trust me, I know.

Dan, my pre-weights meal is usually just a banana, 1 scoop of pre workout drink and a caffiene pill. I'd usually eaten 3 hours before anyway, seems to work for me. If I was bulking I'd get in a big pre-workout meal, but my main concern on a cut is appetite control. Mmmm I do love weetabix though :)

The Gasman UK
12-17-2009, 06:25 AM
Wednesday 16th December:
Training - Week 2 Day 2 5x5
Macros (C/P/F) - 34/34/32
Calories In - 2,519
Calories Out - 3,625
Cal. Balance -1106 Excellent

Maintaining the 1000 calorie a day deficit is getting to me. But I know it's only till Friday then I'll be neutral, then treat day on Saturday and Sunday which means up to 500 surplus each day. That's how I work it. Deficit 4-5 days a week, 1 neutral, 1 or 2 in surplus. Keeps me sane and losing fat at the same time which is often difficult to do.

Must train hard as I'm intending to have a full week off over xmas. I will still keep track of my calories on Fitday though so that I know how much work I'll need to do.

Todays Food - OK

Todays Workout

Military Press - Warmup 1 - 5kg x 15 reps
Warmup 2 - 15kg x 10 reps
Set 1 - 60kg x 5
Set 2 - 60kg x 5
Set 3 - 60kg x 5
Set 4 - 60kg x 5
Set 5 - 60kg x 5
Notes - Looking to up this soon. 60kg is 132lbs.

Bodyweight Pullups -
Set 1 - B x 5
Set 2 - B x 5
Set 3 - B x 5
Set 4 - B x 5
Set 5 - B x 5
Notes - Will add a belt next time.

Deadlift - Warmup 1 - 60kg x 5 reps
Warmup 2 - 100kg x 5 reps
Set 1 - 140kg x 5
Set 2 - 140kg x 4
Set 3 - 140kg x 5
Set 4 - 140kg x 3
Notes - 140kg = 308lbs. 1 More set than last week, I'm annoyed though as it's proving difficult to progress here on a restricted diet. Deadlift is very very tiring without enough calories.

Tricep Overhead - Warmup - 28kg x 10
Set 1 - 43kg x 8
Set 2 - 43kg x 8
Notes - Tri's are remaining strong since i did the 30lbs in 30 days bench program.

james_w8lifter
12-17-2009, 07:25 AM
Strong millies deads, and yes they are a killer. Thanks for adding in the poundages at the end cause I normal have to convert it to see what you are lifting in pounds:).

The Gasman UK
12-19-2009, 02:57 AM
Thanks James. Yeah lol I will put lb's in as I know you guys n gals in the states love Ye Olde Imperial measurements ;) In fact I prefer them just we moved over to Kg's except some reason all the dumbbells in my gym are in lb's the rest are kg's hmmm strange.

The Gasman UK
12-19-2009, 03:04 AM
Thursday 17th December:
Training - Couldn't train - Had to go out :(
Macros (C/P/F) - 34/27/39
Calories In - 2,344
Calories Out - 2,556
Cal. Balance -212 Below Acceptable

Unfortunately I had to take care of some things after work and couldn't get to the gym :( But I did manage to stay just in negative calories. I got up early Friday morning for a double session to make up for it though.

Todays Food - OK

Todays Workout

El Zilcho....

Joe Black
01-05-2010, 01:40 AM
**nudge, nudge...

The Gasman UK
01-07-2010, 04:03 AM
**nudge, nudge...

Apologies to Dan and everyone. I did intend to not log over Xmas as little training and lots of partying doesn't make a very useful log. But then I got ill and was off work, just returned today so I'll be back in to the training tonight and logging again from next Monday.

I have had time to reevaluate, which as trainers we must constantly do and I've come up with the idea of increasing calories on weight lifting days so im actually in surplus on those days, increasing intensity and volume of those weight lifting days, and also training everyday. Everyday you say? Yes but some of those days will be light/recovery days not full out intensity.

Right here we go again!

Joe Black
01-07-2010, 04:56 AM
Nice one, get on it! ;) Looking forward to seeing how you get on with the new plan!

The Gasman UK
01-11-2010, 08:49 AM
Back on it: The Plan
Training - Insane!:confused:
Macros (C/P/F) - Medium/Super High/Medium
Calories In - 2,500 - 4,000
Calories Out - 3,000 - 3,800
Cal. Balance -Will vary Here we go!

Ok after a great 2 weeks off, with just some light jogging, 1 weights sessions and lots of walking to balance out the food, I've put on a few pounds of fat, but nothing too major. The nice rest both mentally and physically have fired me up to the max. I had time to re-evaluate as the journey of fitness always requires and now its time to hit it hard again.

The basic plan is a 3 month outlook. Doing 4-5 weeks of increased calorie intake and intense, long hard sessions. I think I'll be just about ready to burnout by the end of this, so I'll be taking 1 week of light/recovery, then 6 weeks of hardcore cutting.

Food - My average training day usage varies from 3,100 to 3,800 on big cardio days. So anytime I'm training hard (e.g. not a rest day or light/recovery training day), I'll be aiming for 300 grams of protein and as close to 4k calories as I can manage. This will enable me to focus on intensity and volume, so hopefully increasing my fitness and strength for the upcoming hardcore cutting phase.

Weekly Workout

Monday - Chest/Upper Back/Bi's (25 sets)
Tuesday - Thai Boxing (High intensity cardio, 90 minutes)
Wednesday - Shoulders/Lower Back/Legs/Tri's (27 sets)
Thursday - 15km run (Medium intensity)
Friday - Chest/Upper Back/Bi's (26 sets)
Saturday - 5-10km run and Shoulders/Legs/Tri's (29 sets) :eek:
Sunday - Collapse in a heap (24 hours) ;) (REST DAY)

WTF are you doing Gasman? You'll burnout! Your cortisol will eat the hell outta ya muscles. Don't do it. Well I am. I am a little crazy. Bear in mind its only 4 weeks, maybe 5 if i feel good by the end of the 4th, and bear in mind ill be having 4000 odd calories each day except sunday and thursday. I will also be taking copious amounts of BCAA, 300 grams of protein and some DS Lean Extreme to counter the cortisol.

Before I start this log, i was gonna start last week but a cold knocked me for six and i was off work. I did train thursday friday but they were lacklustre, notquiterightyet-sessions if you know what i mean. I will log my workouts from tonight onwards.

Live the dream guys n gals!

james_w8lifter
01-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Good to see you back! I've been slacking on posting in my journal as well. The new routine looks insane!!! Can't wait to hear the moans and groans on how sore you are, hehe... 4,000 calories a day? You must have liked looking at my fitday entries haha. I'm gonna have to up my calories to around 4,200-4,300 cause i'm stuck at 209lbs! Anyways, good luck bro, let the insane workouts begin!

Joe Black
01-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Looking forward to your crazy challenge :)

The Gasman UK
01-12-2010, 05:04 AM
Monday 12th January:
Training - Week 1 Day 1 of Crazyness
PROTEIN/CARBS/FATS (grams) - 360/281/150
Calories In - 3,998
Calories Out - 3,037

Ok first day of the new stupid workout plan I came up with in a dream. Was it a dream. Dunno. More like a nightmare. I did dream I was Jay Cutler last night, very very weird dream and I shook hands with Arnie and he asked how much I weighed I said 300lbs and he looked shocked. F*** knows what's up with my brain lol. Anyway down to the nitty gritty.

Todays Food - 4k of protein goodness.

Todays Workout

Bench press:
Warmup - 20kg/44lbs x 10
Warmup - 40kg/88lbs x 5
Set 1 - 70kg/154lbs x 8
Set 2 - 70kg/154lbs x 2
Notes - Failed. Something was wrong. I think last week when I came back for my first session I was over enthusiastic on the full deep dips and strained my left shoulder/tricep a bit. Not major but enough to tell me to stop the lift. Next bench session is Friday so hopefully that'll be enough time and I'll be able to kick ass then. Still it annoyed me greatly. Ah well sensible decision made.

Barbell Row
Warmup - 40kg/88lbs x 10
Set 1 - 80kg/176lbs x 8
Set 2 - 80kg/176lbs x 8
Set 3 - 80kg/176lbs x 6
Notes - Biceps tired quickly but kept it reasonably good form. This is below my normal lifts, I expect this to shoot up. Aiming for 220lbs by next week.

Incline Dumbells
Warmup - 50bs(2) x 8
Set 1 - 60lbs(2) x 8
Set 2 - 60lbs(2) x 8
Set 3 - 60lbs(2) x 6
Notes - The shoulder/tri problem translated here. So I took it moderately.

Pullups - Bodyweight
Set 1 - 8 x B
Set 2 - 6 x B
Set 3 - 5 x B
Notes - Biceps tired :(

Barbell Curls
Warmup - 20kg/44lbs x 8
Set 1 - 35kg/77lbs x 8
Set 2 - 40kg/88lbs x 6
Set 3 - 40kg/88lbs x 6

Incline Curls Singles
Set 1 - 45lbs x 6
Set 2 - 45lbs x 6
Set 3 - 45lbs x 5
Set 4 - 45lbs x 4

Barbell Wrist Curt
Set 1 - 25kg/55lbs x 20
Set 2 - 25kg/55lbs x 16
Set 3 - 25kg/55lbs x 12
Set 4 - 20kg/44lbs x 20
Notes - BURN

Ahh well not quite the monster session I was hoping for, but I guess the time off and my subsequent getting ill took its toll. I'm hoping for great things later this week and next week though. Stay tuned!

pbal17
01-12-2010, 01:14 PM
thats a ton of volume, nice work

james_w8lifter
01-12-2010, 08:22 PM

I agree, nicely done

The Gasman UK
01-13-2010, 02:10 AM

I agree, nicely done

Cheers guys. It helps having 4k calories coming in I can tell you!

Tuesday 13th January:
Training - Week 1 Day 2 of Crazyness
PROTEIN/CARBS/FATS (grams) - 290/364/146
Calories In - 3,977
Calories Out - 3,657

Thai boxing today. It felt great to be back in it. Felt very strong and endurance was excellent, shifted over to extra carbs today and dropped the protein slightly. We did sparring, just boxing but it was great, felt quick and powerful. Need to work on technique though.

Todays Food - 4k with extra carbs.

Todays Workout

Thai boxing - 90 minutes.

The Gasman UK
01-14-2010, 02:51 AM
Wednesday 14th January:
Training - Week 1 Day 3 of Crazyness
PROTEIN/CARBS/FATS (grams) - 360/346/168
Calories In - 4,381
Calories Out - 3,094

Plenty of calories today and that translated into a great workout. Muscles are looking and feeling full and energy is good.

Todays Food - 4400 - a bit too much fat but extra carbs.

Todays Workout

Military press:
Warmup - 5kg/11lbs x 15
Warmup - 25kg/55lbs x 10
Set 1 - 55kg/121lbs x 8
Set 2 - 60kg/132lbs x 6
Set 3 - 65kg/143lbs x 5
Set 4 - 65kg/143lbs x 4

Felt strong, could have done more with a spotter.

Deadlift
Warmup - 60kg/132lbs x 10
Warmup - 100kg/220lbs x 8
Set 1 - 140kg/308lbs x 5
Set 2 - 140kg/308lbs x 5
Set 3 - 160kg/352lbs x 1
Set 4 - 140kg/308lbs x 4
Set 5 - 140kg/308lbs x 3

Started good but lost strength, wanted to do more but I was pleased with what i managed. Aiming for higher working sets next week I think.

Upright row
Warmup - 20kg/44lbs x 10
Set 1 - 35kg/77lbs x 8
Set 2 - 45kg/99lbs x 8
Set 3 - 50kg/110lbs x 6

Notes - I don't like this exercise. Doesn't seem to work for me. Think I'll switch this over to Arnie press and add some shrugs in. Hmm any suggestions anyone?

Bent over Single-arm Dumbbell Row
Warmup - 50lbs x 8 both sides
Set 1 - 90lbs x 8 both sides
Set 2 - 95lbs x 8 both sides
Set 3 - 95lbs x 6 both sides
Notes -Happy with my rows.(

Bodweight dips
Set 1 - 10
Set 2 - 10
Set 3 - 8

Skull Crusher
Set 1 - 28kg/62lbs x 10
Set 2 - 38kg/84lbs x 8
Set 3 - 38kg/84lbs x 8
Notes - Got a good pump on :)

Barbell Wrist Curt
Set 1 - 25kg/55lbs x 20
Set 2 - 25kg/55lbs x 20
Set 3 - 25kg/55lbs x 15

Notes - BURN

Excellent workout I'm really back in to the swing now. Loving it!

Coke
01-14-2010, 05:32 AM
Glad to see you back at it, got a good groove going too and with volume.

james_w8lifter
01-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Awesome workout bro. I agree with you about the upright rows, they just don't work for me, I never do them anymore. I've started doing BB front raises the past couple weeks. I really like the way they feel.

The Gasman UK
01-15-2010, 08:15 AM
Glad to see you back at it, got a good groove going too and with volume.

Awesome workout bro. I agree with you about the upright rows, they just don't work for me, I never do them anymore. I've started doing BB front raises the past couple weeks. I really like the way they feel.

Thanks guys! I'm well in to it now.

James - Yeah gonna drop the uprights and think I'll slam in 2 sets of arnies, 2 sets of shrugs and 2 sets of raises. Yeah that'll be reet good. Think I'll test that out on Saturday.

Thursday 15th January:
Training - Week 1 Day 4 of Crazyness
PROTEIN/CARBS/FATS (grams) - 292/317/148
Calories In - 3,839
Calories Out - 3,560

Thursday is always when I feel most burned out and that particular Thursday was no exception. Felt below par all day at work and managed to sneak in a 30 minute nap at lunchtime which helped a bit. I told myself I didn't have to go to the gym as it was only running and not as important as weights , but i knew all along I was going. Then as I walked into the car park to my car at 4pm I had the exciting surge I feel before I'm about to train and that was it I was ready to go.

Todays Food - Under 4k.

Todays Workout

Treadmill 12km/h 50 minutes (10km + cooldown)

The speed is coming back slowly. OMG its hard to run. I'm not built for it lol. That's not an excuse I hate excuses. I don't care what build I have I'm going to be the best I can and beat everyone else. I need to be able to do 15km at 15km/h to be on target. You gotta aim high to achieve. I don't care if it's a difficult target, by training for it I'm gonna acheive a lot more than if i set my goal at something easy. Grr im all fired up in one of those moods lol!

See you guys n gals later :)

The Gasman UK
01-18-2010, 05:06 AM
Friday 15th January:
Training - Week 1 Day 5 of Crazyness
PROTEIN/CARBS/FATS (grams) - 360/281/150
Calories In - 4,319
Calories Out - 3,133

Oops just realised ive been getting the dates wrong lol. Just the day number, nothing to worry about. Anyway Friday was Chest/Back/Bi's and Forearms and I went for it hardcore.

Todays Food - 4300 mmm.

Todays Workout

Bench press:
Warmup - 20kg/44lbs x 10
Warmup - 40kg/88lbs x 8
Warmup - 60kg/132lbs x 8
Set 1 - 70kg/154lbs x 6
Set 2 - 75kg/165lbs x 6
Set 3 - 75kg/165lbs x 6
Set 4 - 75kg/165lbs x 6

Felt great, clean powerful reps. Ready to move back up now. Could have gone much higher.

Squat
Warmup - 60kg/88lbs x 10
Set 1 - 80kg/176lbs x 8
Set 2 - 100kg/220lbs x 6
Set 3 - 140kg/308lbs x 5
Set 4 - 140kg/308lbs x 3
Set 5 - 140kg/308lbs x 5
Trying to get deeper. Confidence. Must go for it before i increase weight.

T-Bar Row
Warmup - 60kg/88lbs x 10
Set 1 - 80kg/176lbs x 8
Set 2 - 100kg/220lbs x 6
Set 3 - 100kg/220lbs x 6
Set 4 - 105kg/232lbs x 6
I love T-Bar, it's my favourite back excercise, can really feel it all over.

Pullups - Bodyweight
Set 1 - 6 x B
Set 2 - 6 x B
Set 3 - 5 x B
Set 4 - 5 x B

Barbell Curls
Warmup - 20kg/44lbs x 8
Set 1 - 40kg/88lbs x 8
Set 2 - 40kg/88lbs x 8
Set 3 - 40kg/88lbs x 6

Incline Curls Singles (x2)
Set 1 - 45lbs x 8
Set 2 - 50lbs x 6
Set 3 - 50bs x 6
Set 4 - 50lbs x 6

Barbell Wrist Curt
Set 1 - 25kg/55lbs x 20
Set 2 - 25kg/55lbs x 20
Set 3 - 25kg/55lbs x 20

Hit the chest nicely, be it with just the 1 lift, but felt good. My back was pumped and my biceps felt like they were gonna explode. Fantastic workout the stupid amount of food is doing its job! A little fat gain is occuring but im not too bothered at the moment whilst the workouts are this good!

The Gasman UK
01-18-2010, 10:15 AM
Saturday 16th January:
Training - Week 1 Day 6 of Crazyness
PROTEIN/CARBS/FATS (grams) - 310/360/170
Calories In - 4,478
Calories Out - 3,305

Had loads of energy. Went and visited my parents, and went for a 2 hour walk in the country which was great. Then when I got back went straight to the gym mid-afternoon which is my favourite time to train. Hit shoulders, tris and legs - Hard.

Todays Food - 4500 mmmmm tasty

Todays Workout

Dumbbell Shoulder Press: (x2)
Warmup - 10kg/22lbssbs x 10
Warmup - 20kg/44lbssbs x 8
Set 1 - 26kg/57lbs x 8
Set 2 - 28kg/62lbs x 8
Set 3 - 28kg/62lbs x 7
Set 4 - 30kg/66lbs x 5

Military press:
Warmup - 5kg/11lbs x 15
Warmup - 25kg/55lbs x 10
Set 1 - 60kg/132lbs x 6
Set 2 - 60kg/132lbs x 6
Set 3 - 60kg/132lbs x 6
Set 4 - 65kg/143lbs x 3

Shoulders a little fatigued after the dumbbells and this translated in to lower numbers here.

Dips - Bodyweight
B x 10
B x 10
B x 8
B x 7

Skull crusher
Warmup - 28kg/62lbs x 10
Set 1 - 38kg/84lbs x 8
Set 2 - 38kg/84lbs x 8
Set 3 - 38kg/84lbs x 8

Barbell Shrug
Set 1 - 100kg/220lbs x 12
Set 2 - 140kg/308lbs x 10
Set 3 - 140kg/308lbs x 10
Set 4 - 150kg/330lbs x 7
Notes - GRIP arrrgggh !! Must do my gripper more (COC level 1)

Leg Press Machine
Set 1 - 120kg/264lbs x 12
Set 2 - 140kg/308lbs x 10
Set 3 - 190kg/418lbs x 12
Set 4 - 190kg/418lbs x 20
Set 5 - 190kg/418lbs x 20
Set 6 - 190kg/418lbs x 20

Notes - Now I love squattin' and i don't rate the leg press, but thats all they got at this gym as its the one near my parents house not my usual one. So I wanted to do legs so had to do the leg press machine. The maximum it goes to is 190kg(418lb) so that had to do. So i blitz it at the end with 3 sets of 20, controlled, powerful, deep reps. It did the trick let me tell you !!! Walking to the leg curl machine was tricky lol! sets of 20 really shock the muscles. Force that growth!

Leg Curl
Set 1 - 50kg/110lbs x 12
Set 2 - 60kg/132lbs x 10
Set 3 - 65kg/143lbs x 10

Leg Extension
Set 1 - 70kg/154lbs x 12
Set 2 - 90kg/198lbs x 10
Set 3 - 90kg/198lbs x 10

Wow that was a monster workout. I hit everything I wanted to and hard. I love 20 reppers might throw em in every now and then if something isnt working. Sunday was a complete rest day though, i ****in' needed it!!

james_w8lifter
01-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Awesome workouts man! You must be in the gym for a long time with that amount if volume. I agree with you about the high rep leg presses, i have been trying higher reps during leg day and it is a killer! I'll trade you some of my bench #'s for some of your squat #'s lol

The Gasman UK
01-19-2010, 04:07 AM
Awesome workouts man! You must be in the gym for a long time with that amount if volume. I agree with you about the high rep leg presses, i have been trying higher reps during leg day and it is a killer! I'll trade you some of my bench #'s for some of your squat #'s lol

Lol why can't we both have it all? That's the beauty of lifting you can chose what to work on, and make it happen. That's the difference between a lifter/bodybuilder and a gym user. The workout takes me up to 90 minutes, as I slow down toward the end when I get tired. Sipping on a shaker full of water mixed with 4 scoops of Xtend (Flavoured BCAA/Glutamine drink) helps a bit.

The Gasman UK
01-19-2010, 04:23 AM
Monday 18th January:
Training - Week 2 Day 1 of Crazyness
PROTEIN/CARBS/FATS (grams) - 400/310/175
Calories In - 4,534
Calories Out - 3,109

Back in to it now big time. Fired up as hell and ready to destroy those weights. BRING IT ON!

Todays Food - 4,500!! Wow I'm full!

Todays Workout

Flat Dumbbell Bench (x2)
Warmup - 30lbs x 15
Warmup - 40lbs x 8
Set 1 - 55lbs x 8
Set 2 - 65lbs x 8
Set 3 - 65lbs x 6
Set 4 - 65lbs x 8

Notes - I feel the chest a lot more with dumbbells then I ever have on barbell. Also these numbers are 2 dumbbells eg 2 30lbers for the warmup etc.

Barbell Row
Warmup - 60kg/132lbs x 10
Set 1 - 80kg/176lbs x 6
Set 2 - 90kg/198lbs x 6
Set 3 - 90kg/198lbs x 6
Set 4 - 90kg/198lbs x 6
Row me! Love rows. Numbers slowly increasing! :)

Pullups - Bodyweight
Set 1 - 8 x B
Set 2 - 8 x B
Set 3 - 5 x B
I did want to do my inclines first but all the benches were taken :(

Incline Dumbells
Warmup - 50bs(2) x 8
Set 1 - 65lbs(2) x 6
Set 2 - 65lbs(2) x 6
Set 3 - 70lbs(2) x 6
Notes - Strange thing is i am stronger on incline then i am on flat. Lol.

Barbell Curls
Warmup - 20kg/44lbs x 8
Set 1 - 40kg/88lbs x 8
Set 2 - 40kg/88lbs x 8
Set 3 - 40kg/88lbs x 5

Incline Curls Singles
Set 1 - 50lbs x 8
Set 2 - 50bs x 6
Set 3 - 50lbs x 6
Set 4 - 50lbs x 4

Barbell Wrist Curt
Set 1 - 30kg/66lbs x 15
Set 2 - 30kg/66lbs x 20
Set 3 - 30kg/66lbs x 8

Notes - This was pushing it, cheated too much. I wish there was a barbell between 25 and 30kgs !!!

All in all a fantastic workout feeling strong and pumped. Bring on the next one!

Joe Black
01-19-2010, 04:37 AM
Some awesome workouts going on, keep it up.

I too am stronger on inclines. I am pretty sure this is due to my chest/back being weak and my shoulders being quite strong so you're in a better position overall. Hopefully I can even things up over time.

nice pull ups by the way!

The Gasman UK
01-19-2010, 04:45 AM
Body status report
Tuesday 19th January 2010

Starting Weight - 183lbs (83.2kg)
Todays Weight - 180.4lbs (82kg)
Difference - -2.6lbs

Starting bf% - 18.4%
Todays bf% - 16.7%
Difference - -1.7% fat

Resting heart rate - 57 bpm
Blood pressure - 138/80

Ok we're getting there. I don't expect this to fluctuate too much whilst im bulking, I'm a steady bulker and I usually gain a bit o water. Just keeping it in line until the hardcore cutting stage begins again. And this time no interruptions like xmas to get in the way ;)

james_w8lifter
01-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Great workout, good job on the DB presses, rows, and pullups. I'm curious as to what your routine looks like in term of what days that you workout what body parts. I looked back and saw that you hit chest/back/bi's just 3 days ago on Friday. Do you have a set routine like 2 days on 1 day off or what? I might start hitting body parts more than once a week is why i'm asking. Just afraid they won't have enough time to recover.

Also, you've been eating all those calories and lost 2lbs? What's up?

pbal17
01-19-2010, 10:35 PM
great job on the cut, thats an impressive drop in bf%

The Gasman UK
01-20-2010, 06:18 AM
Right here's the story James:

I started this entire process around the 83.2kg (183lb) mark. Then up to just before Xmas I was weighing in around 79kg after a lot of hard work - Though I didn't post it as I wanted to post it along with bodyfat, But the girl who does the tests was off ill for the period I had originally booked in for. I never got my bf measured at 79kg ( 173.8lbs) but from the work i put in and the way my abs looked i would guess i would have been around 15% or so. BUT then Xmas came along and i gained a bunch of weight back, the bad kind. I think whats happened is I lost a massive amount, then gained a fair bit back around the xmas period, but didn't offset it all. So all in all im happy with my progress now.

The test the girl uses is probes in the hands and feet and it also reads bodywater % as well as lean dry, lean wet and fat %. A very useful test. The current test shows an increase in water, by 1.5 litres and decrease in bf with only a small raise in lean dry. I'm guessing the fact im averaging 10-12grams of salt each day has lead me to a 'little' water retention what ya think? Think is though, the moment i stop bulking this water will flush out and ill possibly gain bf % as my total water decreases if this makes sense.

Either way, I'm happy. Right next thing my workout plan, which is blooody intense:

Monday - Chest, Back, Bi's, Forearms
Tuesday - Thai Boxing
Wednesday- Shoulders, Back, Tri's, Forearms
Thursday - Running
Friday - Chest, Back, Bi's, Forearms
Saturday - Shoulders, Legs, Tri's
Sunday - REST or Cardio

Yes you are right Monday and Friday are basically the same workouts, except i will vary what im hitting slightly. The 'Back' Portion of Monday and Friday is mainly Lats and upper/middle back, whilst Wednesday is lower, e.g. Deadlifts.

The general trick is im using big compounds as 95% of the workouts, just 2 exercises per bodypart per day so they are fatigued but not massively so. You recover in time for the next workout 3-4 days later. I've found this approach far superior to the standard hit everything once every 7 days as its just given me soooo much more growth and development. Tricky to work out at first as you have to gauge your recovery times well but once you get it right its golden.

Any questions James give me a PM. See ya later !

james_w8lifter
01-20-2010, 03:53 PM
Thanks for clarifying things. I may have two try hitting each part twice a week with fewer set per body part as you said. We'll see!

The Gasman UK
01-21-2010, 04:16 AM
Tuesday 19th January:
Training - Week 2 Day 2 of Crazyness
PROTEIN/CARBS/FATS (grams) - 291/369/167
Calories In - 4,117
Calories Out - 3,662

Got a competition coming up. Can't wait. Even though I've only been going to this club 2 month, I think I'm gonna enter at the intermediate level due to my past experience. I must win though. More heavy bag work on my cardio days i think!

Todays Workout

The Gasman UK
01-21-2010, 04:35 AM
Wednesday 20th January:
Training - Week 2 Day 3 of Crazyness
PROTEIN/CARBS/FATS (grams) - 340/363/155
Calories In - 4,230
Calories Out - 3,141

Ready to blast shoulders. And i did. Hit the military press hard and increased the weight by 5kg (11lbs) loving it !

Todays Workout

Military press:
Warmup - 5kg/11lbs x 15
Warmup - 25kg/55lbs x 12
Set 1 - 60kg/132lbs x 8
Set 2 - 60kg/132lbs x 6
Set 3 - 65kg/143lbs x 6
Set 4 - 70kg/154lbs x 5

Breaking through the 65kgs now. Will set this as all the sets next week.

Deadlift
Warmup - 60kg/132lbs x 8
Warmup - 100kg/220lbs x 8
Set 1 - 140kg/308lbs x 6
Set 2 - 160kg/352lbs x 2
Set 3 - 150kg/330lbs x 4
Set 4 - 150kg/330lbs x 5
Set 5 - 140kg/308lbs x 4
Set 6 - 100kg/220lbs x 3

If I could, I would deadlift all day long.... Trying to increase my usable max, e.g. the weight I workout at, I wanna make 150kg my 'standard' for 6 as it were rather than 140kg.

Incline Dumbbell Press (x2)
Warmup - 30lbs x 10
Warmup - 40lbs x 6
Set 1 - 60lbs x 8
Set 2 - 65lbs x 8
Set 3 - 70lbs x 7 - last 1 assisted

I dropped the upright rows as they were doing 'sod all' as we say in the north of the uk.

Bent over Single-arm Dumbbell Row
Set 1 - 95lbs x 8 both sides
Set 2 - 95lbs x 8 both sides
Set 3 - 95lbs x 7 both sides
Notes -Gonna try the 100's next week. Trying to avoid 'Swing' though. (

Bodweight dips
Set 1 - 10
Set 2 - 9
Set 3 - 8
Set 4 - 3

Skull Crusher
Set 1 - 38kg/84lbs x 8
Set 2 - 43kg/95bs x 7

That workout felt great. I'm consistently having awesome workouts. It should be noted though im taking in a lot of food, getting at least a solid 9 hours sleep each night, drinking very little alcohol and basically organising my schedule around lifting for the time being. When my progress has been solid for another month or so then ill be able to relax a little and change things up.

james_w8lifter
01-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Great workout bro, putting the pressure on me! One question, why did you do the incline presses if today wasn't chest day? I'm guessing they were to hit the shoulders...

The Gasman UK
01-22-2010, 03:51 AM
Good question James:

I've added them in on this shoulder day on a less inclined, so more upright angle, so yes its hitting the chest, but the bias is towards the shoulders a lot more. Just a varyiation on normal shoulder presses or arnies and after the militaries takes a little bit o pressure off the shoulders.

The Gasman UK
01-26-2010, 07:08 AM
21/01/10:
Training - CARDIO - Running and Punch Bag

- Running on treadmill at 12.0 km/h for 32 minutes
- 20 minutes intense work on Punchbag and hand pads, 1.5 minutes on, then 1 minute break - 8 rounds.

The Gasman UK
01-26-2010, 07:39 AM
22/01/10:
Training - Chest, Back, Bi's, Forearms

Todays Workout

Dumbbell Bench Press(x2):
30lbs x 15
40lb x 12
65lbs x 8
70lbs x 8
75lbs x 7

I'm on the case now, ready for the 80's next.

Squat
60kg/88lbs x 15
100kg/220lbs x 8
150kg/330lbs x 5
150kg/330lbs x 4
150kg/330lbs x 4

Seated Incline Dumbbell Flyes (x2)
25lbs x 12
25lbs x 10
25lbs x 10
Hug that tree. Big stretch!

Seated V-Grip Row
60kg/88lbs x 10
85kg/187lbs x 10
102kg/225lbs x 8
102kg/225lbs x 8
102kg/225lbs x 8

No one else in the gym tonight, so no spot to hold down the bar for T-bars, so i had to improvise.

Pullups - Bodyweight
Set 1 - 8 x B
Set 2 - 6 x B
Set 3 - 6 x B

Barbell Curls
20kg/44lbs x 8
40kg/88lbs x 8

50lbs x 6
50bs x 6
55lbs x 4

Barbell Wrist Curt
25kg/55lbs x 20
25kg/55lbs x 18

The Gasman UK
01-26-2010, 07:59 AM
23/01/10
Training - Legs, Shoulders, Tri's

Todays Workout

Dumbbell Shoulder Press: (x2)
10kg/22lbssbs x 15
20kg/44lbssbs x 12
30kg/66lbs x 8
30kg/66lbs x 7
30kg/66lbs x 7
30kg/66lbs x 4
This gym that I have to use on Saturday, the dumbbells only go up to 66lbs. Damn.

Dips - Bodyweight
B x 10
B x 9
B x 8
B x 8

Skull crusher
30kg/66lbs x 10
40kg/84lbs x 8
40kg/84lbs x 8
40kg/84lbs x 6

Lateral Dumbbell Raise(x2)
10kg/22lbs x 15
12kg/26lbs x 12
14kg/31lbs x 8
14kg/31lbs x 11

Leg Press Machine
140kg/308lbs x 15
200kg/440lbs x 12
220kg/484lbs x 12
240kg/528lbs x 10
250kg/550lbs x 15
250kg/550lbs x 20
This is the other gym that I use at the weekends, well I use 3 gyms. My main one during the week, then one of 2 at the weekend depending on where I am. This particular one has a better leg press machine than the other, but 550lbs on leg press is twice as easy as 330lbs deep squats anyday!

Leg Extension
100kg/220lbs x 15
104kg/230lbs x 12
104kg/230lbs x 12
Again I've maxed out the leg extension machine and nothing more to do here than extra reps and sets I suppose. My leg muscles bulge out amazingly when i hold the lift on 230lbs. Love it! Slow and controlled descent with powerful raises.

Calf Raise Mega Set:
Bodyweight Triple Set - Raised off the ground to enable full stretch of the calves:
20 reps - neutral raises
20 reps - toes pointed out (heels in)
20 reps - toes pointed in (heels out)
then (no rest)
15 reps on calf raise machine x 90kg
AND repeat.

I did this megaset 2 and a half times then I couldn't feel my feet so thought I'd call it a day.

The Gasman UK
01-26-2010, 08:06 AM
25/01/10:

Todays Workout

30lbs x 12
40lb x 12
70lbs x 8
70lbs x 8
75lbs x 8

Bent-over Barbell Row
60kg/88lbs x 12
90kg/198lbs x 8
90kg/198lbs x 8
90kg/198lbs x 8

Dumbbell Incline Press(x2):
55lbs x 12
70lbs x 8
70lbs x 8
75lbs x 8

Pullups - Bodyweight
B x 10
B x 8
B x 8
B x 5

50lbs x 10
50bs x 8
50lbs x 8
50lbs x 4

Standing EZ Bar Curl
28kg/62lbs x 15
38kg/84lbs x 8

Barbell Wrist Curt
25kg/55lbs x 20
25kg/55lbs x 20
25kg/55lbs x 20
25kg/55lbs x 18
My forearms really hurt after this workout. In fact they still ache the day after (today) whilst im typing this. I love DOMS, but you don't get them as often with multi-body part workouts compared to bodypart splits I've found personally.

Coke
01-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Props, efforts have been over the top!!

james_w8lifter
01-26-2010, 12:45 PM
^I agree. Squat and row numbers are ridiculous! I thought u had been skipping out on deadlifts but then I went back and saw u did them on the 20th, good deal. I dont think my lower back could take multi-deadlift days in one week haha

The Gasman UK
01-27-2010, 02:03 AM
Props, efforts have been over the top!!

^I agree. Squat and row numbers are ridiculous! I thought u had been skipping out on deadlifts but then I went back and saw u did them on the 20th, good deal. I dont think my lower back could take multi-deadlift days in one week haha

- Aahh I must post my log as soon as possible. But I do it at work and sometimes I'm too busy to get on to it. I realsied I didn't post my calf workout on leg day, which I've now added so check it out. 23/01/10.

Cheers Coke, I'm in to the swing of things now and it's feeling great.

James - I'm gonna take some vids if the gym is quiet on Friday of my squats so you guys can tell me if they're any good. I think I need to go deeper. And ooooh no I don't skip deads, and no my back couldn't take it either in fact it was stiff for 5 days after the last load! I split up my back workout throughout the week:

Monday - Barbell Row + Pullups
Wednesday - Deadlift + Single arm row
Friday - TBar or V-grip row + Pullups

The Gasman UK
01-27-2010, 04:07 AM
26/01/10
Training - Muay Thai - Thai Boxing

We got to do some decent sparring today. Fantastic, but I want to do more of it. Great adrenaline. Got a fight coming up well, 7 of us have from our club. 20 of us wanted to fight, and only 7 are going to get the chance. Grr I hope I get to compete! Competing in any sport is a great buzz, and it's your chance to put what you've been training in to practice!

Todays Workout

pbal17
01-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Thai training! Awesome. A friend of mine went to Thailand this past summer to do some training, I know it was nothing too over-the-top crazy but he loved it, what a great way to incorporate exercise and enjoyment. Hope you get to compete

The Gasman UK
01-28-2010, 02:18 AM
Thai training! Awesome. A friend of mine went to Thailand this past summer to do some training, I know it was nothing too over-the-top crazy but he loved it, what a great way to incorporate exercise and enjoyment. Hope you get to compete

Great stuff! I'm off to Thailand in June for a holiday, definately gonna watch some Muay Thai, don't think I'll be training though ;)

The Gasman UK
01-28-2010, 02:52 AM
27/01/10:
Training - Shoulders, Back & Tri's

Todays Workout

Military press:
15kg/33lbs x 15
35kg/77lbs x 12
55kg/121lbs x 8
65kg/143lbs x 8
70kg/154lbs x 8
75kg/165lbs x 5 *PR*

75kg on the military. Felt strong. Actually did 6 but the last one was spotted. 5 of my own reps. Very happy.

Deadlift
60kg/132lbs x 10
100kg/220lbs x 8
140kg/308lbs x 6
140kg/308lbs x 5
140kg/308lbs x 5

Wasn't happy here. My lower back from still stiff and sore from last week. I think the militaries took it out of me a bit as well!

30lbs x 10
65lbs x 8
70lbs x 8
75lbs x 7 +1 assisted*PR*

I am on the case tonight. At this point I started to feel sick.

Bent over Single-arm Dumbbell Row (x2)
Set 1 - 100bs x 8 both sides
Set 2 - 100lbs x 8 both sides
Set 3 - 100lbs x 8 both sides
Right blasted the 100's can't go higher as thats the highest the dumbbells go lol. Might have to duct tape extra weights on the side.

Bodweight Dips megaset
30 reps
My friend was in the gym so i challenged him to a 50 rep challenge. One after the other we did reps on bodyweight dips on parallel bars as quick as possible, one after the other with no rest. Reckon i did about 30 of the 50 total. Fantastic pump!

Skull Crusher
Set 1 - 38kg/84lbs x 8
Set 2 - 43kg/95bs x 8PR on reps.

With exception of the deads, that workout was fantastic. Shoulders and arms pumped like a oil rig! Got a nose bleed after and felt wobbly. Managed to get home and make a 3 egg + 7 egg white omlette with salad, wedges, milk and peas and it really was great. Could have slept forever after that. I might max out soon.

GoodyGirl
01-28-2010, 04:21 AM
Hey Gasman! I finally made it! See, told you I'd get 'round to it! You've got some very nice PR's lately! And some great numbers on your squats too. You've got some fair volume goin' on here yourself! I saw you logging some wrist curls. I haven't done them for sooooo long. Like over 12 years I reckon. I should throw in a couple of sets one session for something different. I see you're enjoying the military presses. Same here. They are quickly becoming a favourite of mine. Anyway, I will try and pop my head in a bit more often and just letting you know I really do appreciate your support in my journal. Thank you very much. I am grateful. Keep on keeping on mate :)

james_w8lifter
01-29-2010, 07:11 PM
Awesome workout bro. Bet you were sore for a few days after that one

The Gasman UK
02-01-2010, 04:31 AM
Hey Gasman! I finally made it! See, told you I'd get 'round to it! You've got some very nice PR's lately! And some great numbers on your squats too. You've got some fair volume goin' on here yourself! I saw you logging some wrist curls. I haven't done them for sooooo long. Like over 12 years I reckon. I should throw in a couple of sets one session for something different. I see you're enjoying the military presses. Same here. They are quickly becoming a favourite of mine. Anyway, I will try and pop my head in a bit more often and just letting you know I really do appreciate your support in my journal. Thank you very much. I am grateful. Keep on keeping on mate :)

Thanks for stopping by GG! Thanks yes I've been pleased with a lot of my lifts lately, but my squats have stalled somewhat and I'm finding it a little difficult to increase there. Military presses ROCK! Wrist curls, yeah I started doing them after y forearms were becoming a limiting factor in my big lifts, e.g. deadlifts. I started by hammering out 4 sets of 20 reps 3-4 times a week at the ends of my workouts. I started on a 20kg barbell and now after about a year im up to 30kgs and my forearms are a lot stronger, denser muscle and a bit bigger. My grip has always increased massively. I've also started doing COC level 1 gripper.

Awesome workout bro. Bet you were sore for a few days after that one

Actually I've not had big DOMS for a long while. I'm still growing though, in leaps and bounds. I get DOMS the most from intense cardio and high rep and isolation movements, which ive been keeping to a minimum. 6-8 reps heavy heavy have been my mainstay.

The Gasman UK
02-01-2010, 04:32 AM
28/01/10 - REST

Oooh I was going to go for a run with a friend, but she bailed and I felt really overtrained so I called it a day and decided to rest instead. Felt much better next day.

The Gasman UK
02-01-2010, 04:42 AM
29/01/10:

Todays Workout

30lbs x 12
50lb x 8
75lbs x 8
75lbs x 8
55lb x 20
I ramped up to 75lbers early, which wasn't too bad, next week will be the step up to 80's. I decided to do a burnout set on 55's to finish. Went something like 12 reps, 4 reps, 4 reps for 20.

T-Barl Row
60kg/88lbs x 10
80kg/176lbs x 10
105kg/231lbs x 8
110kg/242lbs x 6
110kg/242lbs x 6

75lbs x 8
75lbs x 8
75lbs x 5

Pullups - Bodyweight
B x 10
B x 10
B x 10

45lbs x 10
50bs x 8
50lbs x 8
50lbs x 6

Barbell Curl
40kg/88lbs x 10
40kg/88lbs x 8

Barbell Wrist Curt
30kg/55lbs x 20
30kg/55lbs x 20
30kg/55lbs x 17

The Gasman UK
02-01-2010, 04:55 AM
30/01/10
Training - Legs, Shoulders, Tri's

Todays Workout

Military Press
5kg/11lbs x 15
45kg/99lbs x 10
60kg/132lbs x 10
65kg/143lbs x 8
65kg/143lbs x 8
70kg/154lbs x 7
75kg/165lbs x 3
I can't seem to push out just as much as my wednesday shoulder sessions as the tri's and chest are a little tired from the day before.

Incline Dumbbell Press (more upright)
28kg/62lbs x 10
28kg/62lbs x 8
28kg/62lbs x 8
28kg/62lbs x 5

Dips - Bodyweight
B x 10
B x 10
B x 10
Strong I am with the dips today young skywalker.

Skull crusher
40kg/88lbs x 8
40kg/88lbs x 8
40kg/88lbs x 8

Lateral Dumbbell Raise(x2)
12kg/26lbs x 12
14kg/31lbs x 10
14kg/31lbs x 10

Leg Press Machine
140kg/308lbs x 15
190kg/418lbs x 12
190kg/418lbs x 25
190kg/418lbs x 20
Legs seem to be not on it today. Ah I may need to decrease my volume soon.

Leg Extension
75kg/165lbs x 12
80kg/176lbs x 11
80kg/176lbs x 8
Different leg extension machine can be the only reason i can explain how last week i managed over 100kg and this week could hardly do 80's!! WTF:confused:

Well a bit of a mixed result today. Legs are failing a bit, shoulders were good and Tri's felt fantastic. I feel a decrease in my frequency of training coming up. Also gonna drop the calories to the 3500 mark to compensate, begin to lean up again.

I have booked a holiday to Thailand in June. So my medium term goal is to get big and strong again (which I'm doing quite well at) then use a hardcore 8-10 week period before the holiday to get proper cut up.

Oh and I took my camera to the gym to get a video of me squatting but the battery was flat. Damn it. Will charge it up and take it again this week!!

james_w8lifter
02-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Great workouts guy! A lot of pressing movements over the past couple of days, upper body should be nice and tender lol. I don't see how you are able to do shoulders/tri's the day after chest/back/bi's.... My upper body is so tight aafter a chest/bi's workout I have to do legs only the next day. I probably couldn't military press 100lbs the next day my chest/arms are so tight. If you can handle, keep at it, if not like you said, decrease the volume a little.

Coke
02-02-2010, 03:59 AM
Great workouts guy!

No kidding, fine stuff in here - keep it up.

The Gasman UK
02-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Great workouts guy! A lot of pressing movements over the past couple of days, upper body should be nice and tender lol. I don't see how you are able to do shoulders/tri's the day after chest/back/bi's.... My upper body is so tight aafter a chest/bi's workout I have to do legs only the next day. I probably couldn't military press 100lbs the next day my chest/arms are so tight. If you can handle, keep at it, if not like you said, decrease the volume a little.

No kidding, fine stuff in here - keep it up.

Cheers guys. My pecs are quite tender and ive noticed a tightness in the front of my left anterior deltoid, which is a little painful if I sneeze lol. I've noticed it getting a little bit worse but only when it tenses when i sneeze. Must stop sneezing.

I tell you James, its the fact I'm not exhausting my muscles each training session. I remember when i did bodypart splits to exhaustion e.g. say 20 sets on chest one day, i would be sore for the next 3 days! But with my two way split i feel like i can train next day (once a week) and after 48 hours for the rest of the sessions, without any problem. I have been limiting my social life a bit, not drinking very much alcohol and getting a solid 9.5 hours sleep each night. Gonna have this weekend off to do a bit of well deserved partying and not training saturday or sunday.

The Gasman UK
02-02-2010, 10:09 AM
01/02/10:

Todays Workout

30lbs x 15
40lb x 10
75bs x 8
80lbs x 7 *PR*
80lbs x 6
Was in the zone. Revved up and ready. Blasted out the 80's, the first time I've done them. Chest is coming along nicely now. Gonna stick with dumbbells seem to be making good progress. Progress I could never make with flat barbell??

Bent-over Barbell Row
60kg/88lbs x 12
95kg/209lbs x 8
95g/209lbs x 8
95kg/209lbs x 6
Rows felt good.

55lbs x 12
80lbs x 7
80lbs x 8 *PR*
65lb x 12
Maybe I should have gone up sooner to 80's cos they weren't as hard as I thought they'd be. Very pleased with my new scores.

Pullups - Bodyweight
B x 10
B x 8
B x 8
B x 8

Barbell Bicep Curl
40kg/88lbs x 8
40kg/88lbs x 8
40kg/88lbs x 7
40kg/88lbs x 4

50lbs x 6
50bs x 6
50lbs x 6
Bi's feeling very fatigued from the pullups and rows.

Barbell Wrist Curt
30kg/66lbs x 20
30kg/66lbs x 20
30kg/66lbs x 20
30kg/66lbs x 18

OWWWWWWW

pbal17
02-02-2010, 09:03 PM
great work with the dumbbells. i completely agree, i had an easier time adding weight to dumbbell bench for so long before i really added weight to bench. i think the difference really comes down to form. for me, and i would suspect for you, form comes easier doing DB exercises.

The Gasman UK
02-03-2010, 04:55 AM
02/02/10

Todays Workout

ARRRRRRGGGHH DAMN IT F*** Don't get to fight in the upcoming competition as it was oversubscribed. Of 20 who wanted to get matched against other clubs, they only found fighters for 7 of us. DAMN DAMN DAMN I NEED TO COMPETE!!!!!!! Right I'm gonna put my efforts in to the upcoming half marathon in March. Run my ass off and get a good time. I'm sooo frustrated though....

great work with the dumbbells. i completely agree, i had an easier time adding weight to dumbbell bench for so long before i really added weight to bench. i think the difference really comes down to form. for me, and i would suspect for you, form comes easier doing DB exercises.

I've had many people show me different ways of benching, tried numerous programs. Tried lifting 1,2,3 times week on bench. Tried assitance, tried high reps, low reps, medium reps, normal sets, pyramids, rest-pause, the 30lb in 30 days programs. I make little progress and my chest doesnt get any bigger. But the moment ive been hitting the dumbbells my chest is fuller, more seperated, bigger and stronger. I'm not going back to barbell as its done little to nothing for me and i have worked hard on form. I have quite long arms... Once im doing the 100lbers flat and incline then ill look at flat barbell again.

Joe Black
02-03-2010, 07:23 AM
You're smashing some numbers considering your martial arts training too, damn.

Good observation on the dumbells too, at the end of the day you have to do what's right for you and a lot of time that means experimenting and finding out the hard way :)

So when do you reckon you'll next get a chance to compete now?

The Gasman UK
02-04-2010, 08:09 AM
You're smashing some numbers considering your martial arts training too, damn.

Good observation on the dumbells too, at the end of the day you have to do what's right for you and a lot of time that means experimenting and finding out the hard way :)

So when do you reckon you'll next get a chance to compete now?

Yeah I'm at a real sweet spot with my training. But I'm thinking just lowering the cals slightly to reduce possible fat gain. I'm hoping whichever competition comes along next, I'll aim to do. I've got the Reading half marathon coming up in March, but it's not the same. Plodding around for 13 miles isn't the same as being in the ring. Ah well...

03/02/10:

Todays Workout

Military press:
20kg/44lbs x 15
35kg/77lbs x 10
65kg/143lbs x 8
70kg/143lbs x 8
75kg/154lbs x 6

Have the feeling of my shoulders, upper chest and upper back creating a really powerful 'Cradle' under the bar. Thats the best way i can describe it. It's like my whole upper body is getting used to the big weight bearing down and I brace before every lift.

Deadlift
60kg/132lbs x 8
100kg/220lbs x 8
140kg/308lbs x 6
150kg/330bs x 5
150kg/330lbs x 4

Deadlifts have stalled. I'm gonna leave off them for a whole week then go back fresh the week after.

Seated Shoulder Dumbbell Press (x2)
50lbs x 10
65lbs x 8
70lbs x 8
70lbs x 7

Bent over Single-arm Dumbbell Row (x2)
Warmup - 50lbs x 10 both sides
Set 1 - 100bs x 10 both sides
Set 2 - 100lbs x 10 both sides
Set 3 - 100lbs x 10 both sides
Bit of swing on the last couple reps.

Bodweight Dips megaset
B x 10
B x 10
B x 10
Quick, clean reps.

Skull Crusher
48kg/106lbs x 5
48kg/106lbs x 5 *PR*
Fantastic. Felt the pressure in my face on this one. Last time i got a nose bleed lol. Messy reps but i know i can do it. Will drop down to under 100lbs next time and go for 8 reps.

james_w8lifter
02-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Nice numbers, lifts seem to be coming along nicely. I am with you on the deadlifts. My numbers have stalled even though i did pull 385 yesterday. I think i'm gonna drop em for a couple of weeks and throw in some hyperextensions or good mornings.

Are those military presses seated or standing? I'm guessing standing. If so, do you use any leg drive on your heavy sets?

The Gasman UK
02-05-2010, 05:33 AM
Oooh I don't like hyperextensions, I don't think it's a natural back movement, but I'm gonna do some seated and t-bar rows.

The presses are seated, With my legs braced on the floor spread out wider than shoulder width, seated 1 notch lower than fully upright, which brings the chest in ever so slightly. Back flat against the back of the bench, with a spotter to get the weight up first time.

05/02/10:
Training - CARDIO - Running (Treadmill)

- Running on treadmill for 35 minutes:

- 11km/h for 12 minutes
- 11.5km/h for 3 minutes
- 12km/h for 12 minutes
- 12.7km/h for 2 minutes
- 14.7km/h for 4 minutes
- under 10km/h for 3 minutes - cooldown.
0.5% incline throughout
5 minutes static stretching.

Not a great run. But ive been slacking on the running i intended to do. Starting next week it's back hardcore as now i don't have to focus on my martial arts tournament I can redirect energy in to the upcoming half marathon. It's in 6 weeks time on sunday.

The Gasman UK
02-11-2010, 02:23 AM
05/02/10:

Todays Workout

30lbs x 15
65bs x 8
75lbs x 6
80lbs x 5

Bent-over Barbell Row
60kg/88lbs x 12
95kg/209lbs x 8
95g/209lbs x 8

55lbs x 12
75bs x 8
75lbs x 8

Pullups - Bodyweight
B x 10
B x 8
B x 8

Barbell Bicep Curl
40kg/88lbs x 8
40kg/88lbs x 8

50lbs x 4
50bs x 5

Barbell Wrist Curt
30kg/66lbs x 20
30kg/66lbs x 20

Didn't feel 100% today so didn't have a good session. Felt a bit weak actually. Chilling out this weekend having a few days off training .

The Gasman UK
02-11-2010, 02:30 AM
Had a fanstastic weekend. Felt like I needed a good break. Took 4 days off training and went drinking with friends on the Friday and Saturday. Took a girl out on a date on the Monday and also had the day off work.

Tuesday back in work, but decided not to train either. Wednesday came back in fully recharged 110% ready to hit it hard. Felt good as well, mentally and physically. I'll count that as a mini-deload, so now I can train constantly for a good 4-5 weeks again before another break.

- Also I'm gonna post some more recent progress pics later tonight so watch this space...

Joe Black
02-11-2010, 03:59 AM
I want one of your mini deloads ;) Well minus the date, I reckon the gf would have something to say about that lol..

Looking forward to the pics!

james_w8lifter
02-11-2010, 11:18 AM
I want one of your mini deloads ;) Well minus the date, I reckon the gf would have something to say about that lol..

Looking forward to the pics!

haha LMAO...

Good to hear you took some time off gasman, I probably should do the same here in the near future. Workout looked good even though you said you didn't feel 100%. Maybe if you post your updated pics, it will finally motivate me to take some pics and post em.

The Gasman UK
02-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Ok as promised. My progress on this log so far. Cut down and lost a good amounnt of bodyfat. Muscle and strength stayed good. Now im on a short bulking phase to regain the original mass. Bodyfat is lower than the beginning and im heavier so thats all good. The final CUT will commence in the middle of spring and i will get down to 10% no matter what.

The one called 83kg is from a while back, quite a few months before xmas, 6 months ago? i cant remember. The ones called feb10 are new.

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28811&d=1265921595
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28808&d=1265921557
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28810&d=1265921564
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28809&d=1265921561

james_w8lifter
02-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Very noticeable difference man. Lats, chest, and shoulders are lookin very impressive. I see some shoulder veins trying to pop out too. Your smooth chest makes mine look like s*** (pulls out the razor) lol. How long do you plan on bulking and what exactly is your current bodyfat %?

Coke
02-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Clearly have filled out and looking more muscular man, good job.

pbal17
02-14-2010, 09:29 PM
hey, looking like some good progress! keep going keep going

The Gasman UK
02-15-2010, 03:57 AM
Very noticeable difference man. Lats, chest, and shoulders are lookin very impressive. I see some shoulder veins trying to pop out too. Your smooth chest makes mine look like s*** (pulls out the razor) lol. How long do you plan on bulking and what exactly is your current bodyfat %?

Thanks James, yeah I've noticed my lats and chest looking bigger, but sometimes its difficult to tell yourself. Getting my bodyfat tested this week, it's creeping up though, it may be around the 18% mark which I don't want. Cutting begins today as I am endo-meso, I put on muscle pretty easily, but it's hard work for me to cut, and I've only got till June to be in absolute top shape. I'm aiming for 12% or under by my birthday (June).

Clearly have filled out and looking more muscular man, good job.

hey, looking like some good progress! keep going keep going

Thanks guys appreciate the comments. I have been thinking long and hard this weekend though and it's time to cut again, after all this log was to track my cutting progress. I feel when I get to around 18% I seem to add fat rather than muscle, and now I'm back up to this level I want to start to chisel down. Would I like to be bigger? Yes. But I don't want to get fat again, and my 32 inch waist trousers are starting to get tight! I refuse to go back up to 34 inch.

The cutting began this morning with a brief (22 minute) steady state fasted cardio - a run down the road. As for my workout week it will be as follows:

Week A (early shift)
-----------
Monday: Weights (Chest, Back, Bi's)
Tuesday: Thai Boxing - 90 minutes
Wednesday: Weights (Shoulders, Back, Tri's)
Thursday: Cardio (10-15km running)
Friday: Weights (Chest, Legs, Bi's)
Saturday: Cardio or REST
Sunday: Opposite of Saturday

Week B (late shift)
-----------
Monday: AM Fasted light cardio 20 minutes
PM Weights (Chest, Back, Bi's)
Tuesday: Thai Boxing - 90 minutes
Wednesday: Weights (Shoulders, Back, Tri's)
Thursday: Cardio (10-15km running)
Friday: AM Fasted light cardio 20 minutes
PM Weights (Chest, Legs, Bi's)
Saturday: Cardio or REST
Sunday: Opposite of Saturday

Right that's the plan. I'm not pushing calories as low as I had before. I'm aiming for just 500 under per day, low-medium carb monday -friday then higher carb saturday and sunday. Has worked before so why mess with it.

Train hard play hard.

Gasman out.

The Gasman UK
02-16-2010, 04:56 AM
16/02/10:

Todays Workout

40lbs x 15
70lbs x 8
75lbs x 8
75lbs x 7

Pullups - Bodyweight
B x 10
B x 10
B x 8

75lbs x 8
75lbs x 6
75lbs x 7

Bent-over Barbell Row
60kg/88lbs x 10
90kg/198lbs x 8
90kg/198lbs x 8

Standing Barbell Curl
35kg/77lbs x 10
40kg/88lb x 8
40kg/88lb x 7

Barbell Wrist Curt
30kg/66lbs x 20

Now I'm cutting I've got to keep the workouts to under 1 hour to avoid catabolism and maintain strength. Hence the reason that ive dropped volume. Felt good though, powered through it, and kept motivated. My strength and focus is back after that momentary glitch and I'm prepared to do what it takes. Bring on the six-pack and ripped cuts!!

Body status report
16/02/10

04/01/09 - 220lbs (100kg)
19/01/10 - 180.4lbs (82kg)
16/02/10 - 180.4lbs (82kg)
Difference - -2.6lbs

04/01/09 - 23.7%
Starting bf% - 18.4%
19/01/10 bf% - 16.7%
16/02/10 bf - 17.3%

Resting heart rate - 63 bpm
Blood pressure - 143/77

Well the bulking period has ended. I don't
think the weight and fat % do me justice, as I'm a lot stronger, and
my muscles are a lot bigger and wider. I'm pleased with the careful
bulk as I didn't add too much fat. Now I want to lose at least 2% a
month for the next 3 months, should be a doable target. :) Watch this
space!!

james_w8lifter
02-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Got your stuff in order I see. Always nice to have a laid out game plan. Now after this summer and all the pool parties are over I wanna see you bulk up to 220lbs. F*** abs in the winter. haha jk

The Gasman UK
02-17-2010, 03:42 AM
Got your stuff in order I see. Always nice to have a laid out game plan. Now after this summer and all the pool parties are over I wanna see you bulk up to 220lbs. F*** abs in the winter. haha jk

Damn straight James. Though as a 6" natural I think 220lbs lean bulk is an optimistic target, that's more a long term 1-2 year goal I reckon. I'm definately gonna pile muscle back on, but starting from a much leaner starting point I reckon I can do a better job. I'll see you at the finish line! Oh I love bulking, it's only day 3 of this cutting cycle and I'm already looking forward to the next bulk phase. OMG your fit day makes me jealous!!

16/02/10

Todays Workout

The Gasman UK
02-18-2010, 08:34 AM
Went for a quick workout, less sets, a few higher reps. Straight in straight out. I find it difficult to achieve volume and intensity both on a cut.

17/02/10:

Todays Workout

30lbs x 15
55lbs x 8
70lbs x 8
70lbs x 7
70bs x 5

Deadlift
95kg/209lbs x 10
100kg/220lbs x 8
130kg/286lbs x 8
130kg/286bs x 8
130kg/286bs x 7

Military press:
55kg/121lbs x 10
60kg/132lbs x 8
65kg/143lbs x 8

Curl-grip chin ups:
B x 10
B x 10

Bodweight Dips
B x 10
B x 10
B x 8

Short and sweet today. Got done in under 50 minutes. Damn I hope my energy levels balance out a bit, going from around 4500 to 2400 cals really hits the energy levels!

Coke
02-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Appear to be doing very well while on the cutting diet, props.

james_w8lifter
02-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Workout looks good. DB presses are impressive. Why are you cutting your calories so drastically? If I were you I would aleast be eating 3,000 for a couple of weeks and then maybe drop to around 2,500. Just throw in some cardio after your workout to burn some extra calories. But you seem to have your stuff in order so keep at it. I may just be bias because it takes me 4,000+ calories just to maintain lol.

The Gasman UK
02-19-2010, 05:00 AM
Appear to be doing very well while on the cutting diet, props.

Yeah its goin ok hard work though Cocoa, early days yet, early days.

Workout looks good. DB presses are impressive. Why are you cutting your calories so drastically? If I were you I would aleast be eating 3,000 for a couple of weeks and then maybe drop to around 2,500. Just throw in some cardio after your workout to burn some extra calories. But you seem to have your stuff in order so keep at it. I may just be bias because it takes me 4,000+ calories just to maintain lol.

I'm aiming for 500 under at least, 800-900 at most. According to my fitday yesterday:
IN > 2,584 cals - F/C/P 86/224/225
OUT > 3,125 cals

Oooh I'd love to eat 4000 I'm soo hungry. But desperate times, desperate measures. I'm absoluted determined to get to under 10% by June, ideally I want to be reaching 11% in 3 months time. The only way I'm gonna do it is to stay consistently below my levels. It's quite a shock dropping down so quickly but I'm determidn it must be done,

Thanks to you both for your support.

The Gasman UK
02-19-2010, 06:01 AM
18/02/10:

- Running on treadmill for 30 minutes:

- 11.4km/h for 7 minutes.
- 12.5km/h for 22 minutes.
- 1 minute cooldown

It just isn't happening. This time last year I could blast out at 14km/h or faster for an hour on end. Plus the low calories, its taking its toll. Will keep pushing through the pain barrier......

The Gasman UK
02-20-2010, 06:26 AM
19/02/10:
Training - Full body mega workout

Decided to train with my mate. He'd put together a rather interesting workout, which was a proper beasting:

Pullup pyramid: Bodyweight
1 rep
2 reps
3 reps
4 reps
5 reps
6 reps
7 reps
8 reps
9 reps
10 reps

Dips pyramid: Bodyweight
1 rep
2 rep
all the way up to 10
then back down to 1
OUCH!

Inverted Rows: Bodyweight
1 rep
2 rep
all the way up to 10
then back down to 1

Pressup megaset:
10 pressups
9 pressups
all the way down to 1,
then back up to 10

Why the hell did i agree to do that with him? It was a stupidly intense session, basically we'd do it one after the other with almost no rest. I feel sore all over today...

Joe Black
02-20-2010, 08:01 AM
Hey buddy, keep up the hard work!

The cardiovascular endurance will come back once you get some weeks behind you on the treadmill.

I found that with low calories, you gotta schedule your carbs pre and post workout or you just have to little in the tank when it comes to training. But, damn I wish I were eating 3,000 calories lol.. I am under 2,000!!

Joe Black
02-20-2010, 08:01 AM
also that session looks TOUGH!

pbal17
02-20-2010, 02:06 PM
hey gasman, first off - i love working out with someone else, it gives me so much more motivation. second, i've done the back and forth 1,2,3,4,5...10 thing before - it is a MONSTER! glad you enjoyed it. i've never done a whole workout like that though. seems like a beast

james_w8lifter
02-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Nice change of pace with the workout. I used to do that with my pullups and don't know why I stopped. Might incorporate some pyramids tomorrow.

The Gasman UK
02-21-2010, 04:02 AM
Hey buddy, keep up the hard work!
The cardiovascular endurance will come back once you get some weeks behind you on the treadmill.
I found that with low calories, you gotta schedule your carbs pre and post workout or you just have to little in the tank when it comes to training. But, damn I wish I were eating 3,000 calories lol.. I am under 2,000!!
I'm eating more like 2,400-2,500, with about 2,800 on my thai boxing (very intense cardio day). I try to get most of my carbs, breakfast, pre and post workout but then i get energy drops in the days, im quite sensitive to low carbs. I'll post my average daily intake with macros just for fun and for you to advise me if you like.

hey gasman, first off - i love working out with someone else, it gives me so much more motivation. second, i've done the back and forth 1,2,3,4,5...10 thing before - it is a MONSTER! glad you enjoyed it. i've never done a whole workout like that though. seems like a beast
Yeah it was good fun, I'll defiently do them again, I'm still feeling achy today, I have to be honest before I did them I was dubious, but now I think I like them. Good DOMS!

Nice change of pace with the workout. I used to do that with my pullups and don't know why I stopped. Might incorporate some pyramids tomorrow.
You just change up don't ya, building up your reportoire of different workouts and exercises sometimes you forgot the old stuff ;)

Cheers for your support guys I really do appreciate it.

20-02-10
Training - Pad work and Legs

Trained with my friend again today as I was in work, and trained immediately afterwards.
We mixed it up, bit of cardio, bit o legs. About 60 minutes:

1.5 minutes padwork:
30 seconds - Jab-crossing
30 seconds - Hooks
30 seconds - Uppercuts.
Rest.
Repeat.
1 Minute numbered techniques.
Rest.
1.5 minutes numbered techniques
Rest.
2 minutes numbered techniques.

Abs megaset - My mate chose 4 different ab exercises, we did 25 of each for 100 reps.
Then I did the same.
So we did 200 reps on abs.

Legs:
ATG Squats:
10 x 50k/110lbs
10 x 50k/110lbs
10 x 50k/110lbs
10 x 50k/110lbs
10 x 50k/110lbs

Calf Raises:
20 x 130kg/286lbs
20 x 160kg/352lbs
15 x 165kg/363lbs
12 x 175kg/385lbs

Simple. Job done.

The Gasman UK
02-21-2010, 04:35 AM
The Gasmans' Cutting Diet
Breakfast 6.30am
Breakfast smoothie:
50g oats with added bran
Half pint 2% milk
75g Blueberries
25g Egg white powder (equal to 7 egg whites)
1 scoop chocolate orange whey

Morning snack 10am

110g chicken breast
100g brown rice
30g almonds

Dinner 1pm

110g chicken breast
100g brown rice
1 apple
1 banana

Postworkout 5.15pm

2 scoops whey

Tea 6pm

1 serving meat (e.g lean steak)
1 serving baked potato, sweet potato or rice
Green veg

Pre-sleep 8.30pm

1 Scoop casein blend protein

Totals:
Calories - 2,400 approx
220g protein
220g carbs
80g fat

Any advice or suggestions to make anything better there, I'm open to any ideas. It's working pretty well, sometimes I get quite hungry, but that's normal. And especially after switching from 4000+ cals down to nearly half that.

pbal17
02-21-2010, 02:43 PM
good leg day, i like how you put it: simple. job done. that really is a good mentality to have, stay focused and get done what you need to get done. hows that DOMS feeling?

The Gasman UK
02-22-2010, 02:15 AM
Yeah I thought a lower weight ATG was good actually. Good clean deep reps. I think next time i reorganise my workouts ill chose just 2 exercises for each bodypart and blitz the hell out of em with just the 2. DOMS has worn off now, but felt good as hadn't had it properly like that for a long time!

james_w8lifter
02-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Diet looks good to me. I also consume casein protein immediately before I go to bed. Waiting from 1pm-5:15 is a long time, especially if you are working out in between. You don't eat anything pre-workout? You might could conserve some of your chicken and the banana or apple from your 1pm meal and eat them pre-workout.

The Gasman UK
02-23-2010, 06:00 AM
Diet looks good to me. I also consume casein protein immediately before I go to bed. Waiting from 1pm-5:15 is a long time, especially if you are working out in between. You don't eat anything pre-workout? You might could conserve some of your chicken and the banana or apple from your 1pm meal and eat them pre-workout.

Yeah I've experimented with this. I did used to save the fruit preworkout, didn't notice a lot of difference, as now I take a preworkout supp 1 hour before weights, I like to do so without food. Oh and I drink a BCAA drink during workouts so im not leaving my muscles high and dry as it were. 4 hours is about as long as i like to go max without solid food.

22/02/10:

Todays Workout

30lbs x 15
75bs x 8
75lbs x 7
75lbs x 6

Pullups - Bodyweight
B x 10
B x 10
B x 8

75lbs x 8
75bs x 5
75lbs x 6

Dumbbell Bent over Row(x2):
100lbs x 8
100lb x 8

45lbs x 10
45bs x 8

Barbell Wrist Curl
30kg/66lbs x 25

Cardio:
30 minutes treadmill 11km/h 0.5% incline. 550 calories used.

The Gasman UK
02-25-2010, 02:13 AM
03/03/10:

Todays Workout

Military press:
5kg/11lbs x 12
25kg/55lbs x 20
65kg/143lbs x 8
70kg/154lbs x 6
75kg/165lbs x 6

Deadlift
60kg/132lbs x 10
140kg/308lbs x 6
150kg/330lbs x 6
150kg/330lbs x 3
It's creeping back up, ive got used to the low calories again, just gotta have longer rest between sets.

70lbs x 6
70lbs x 6
70bs x 5
Felt very weak, the presses and deads took it out of me.

Curl-Grip Chin up
B x 10
B x 10
I like these :)

Bodweight Dips
B x 10
B x 10
B x 9
Only 1 tricep exercise today.

Cardio - Treadmill 33 minutes @ 11km/h 0.5% incline 515 calories used.

Joe Black
02-25-2010, 02:49 AM
Good job on doing that cardio after a hard weights session, I find it REALLY tough to do it afterwards.

Good shout on the taking a day off too.

What's your current weight and bf%?

The Gasman UK
02-25-2010, 06:37 AM
I'm just pumping out the cardio whenever I can now, max 30 odd minutes PWO or 60+ if it's a cardio day. Has to be done whilst I've got this motiviation. It won't always be there...

As for the weight and bodyfat I don't know. Haven't checked. My next weigh in and bodytest is Tuesday, I can tell I've already lost a lot as I've been strict and training hard consistently for this phase of my program. I can't wait, it would have only been 2 weeks since the last one, but certainly I feel a lot thinner round my stomach and unless the mirror is tricking me, I think look it too. We shall see come Tuesday!

The Gasman UK
02-26-2010, 02:12 AM
25/02/10:

Treadmill - 10km
55 minutes for 10km (not a great time)
Warmup @10.4km/h 2 minutes
11km/h 50 minutes
Cooldown 6.3km/h 3 minutes

915 calories used.

My running skills have declined a bit. But my primary focus is cutting the fat, not storming the marathon so it's not a problem. I'm still happy my previously acquired fitness allows me to blast out massive cardio sessions without too much trouble. Really helps the calorie count.

The Gasman UK
03-01-2010, 05:11 AM
26/02/10:

Todays Workout

30lbs x 20
75bs x 8
75lbs x 7
75lbs x 7

Pullups - Bodyweight
B x 10
B x 10
B x 8+2

75lbs x 6
75bs x 6
75lbs x 6

Cable V-Grip row
60kg/132lbs x 8
108kg/238lbs x 8
108kg/238lbs x 8

Barbell Bicep Curl
35kg/77lbs x 8
40kg/88lbs x 8
40kg/88lbs x 7

Barbell Wrist Curl
30kg/66lbs x 20

Cardio:
30 minutes treadmill varying 11 - 12km/h 0.5% incline. 545 calories used.

27/02/10:
Training - Legs with Dan Clough

Todays Workout
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Black"]

So I drove down to Cambridge to train with the infamous Dan Clough. What a legend, he even paid for my session cheers Dan! Anyway we decided to do a leg session with a touch of upper body. Dan's got a decent reportoire of exotic excercises as aposed to my simple simon workouts. Interesting stuff.

Split Squat with Dumbbells (x2)
10kg/22lbs x 8
12kg/26.5lbs x 8
12kg/26.5lbs x 8
14kg/31lbs x 8
Ow WTF. Not done this before or if I did it was a long time ago. It's a bit like a lunge but it really burns the legs. Doesn't need much weight! Nice to have a training partner though and try something new!

Squat
50kg x 8
60kg x 8
90kg x 8
[B]Deep and controlled. We may have done 4 sets though can't quite remember./B]

Calf Raises - various , can't quite remember the numbers.

Shoulder Press supersetted with Lateral raises.

All in all a good workout.

The Gasman UK
03-02-2010, 03:35 AM
01/03/10:

Todays Workout

30lbs x 12
75bs x 8
75lbs x 7
70lbs x 8
Noticing a drop in strength.

Pullups - Bodyweight
B x 10
B x 10
B x 10

70lbs x 8
70bs x 8
70lbs x 5
Dropped to 70's grrrrr

Bent Over Barbell Row
60kg/132lbs x 10
90kg/198lbs x 8
90kg/198lbs x 8
90kg/198lbs x 6

Barbell Bicep Curl
25kg/55lbs x 10
40kg/88lbs x 8
40kg/88lbs x 8
40kg/88lbs x 7
Incredible pump! :)

Barbell Wrist Curl
25kg/55lbs x 20
25kg/55lbs x 20

Cardio:
38 minutes treadmill 11km/h 0.5% incline. 600 calories used.

The Gasman UK
03-02-2010, 05:18 AM
Body status report
02/03/10

02/03/10 - 177.1lbs (80.5kg)
Difference - -5.9lbs

04/01/09 - 23.7%
Starting bf% - 18.4%
19/01/10 bf% - 16.7%
16/02/10 bf - 17.3%
02/03/10 bf - 16.1%

GET IN THERE! 1.2% fat loss in 2 weeks, and I've had a weekend off where I drank beer and had lots of curry! Happy with this result. This is the lowest bodyfat I've ever been since I started measuring. I will be taking this reading every 2 weeks now to keep track of my progress. Aim is to be under 15% at the next reading but I realise it will get progressively harder as I get lower. But I am very motivated! :) Will post pics again after the next reading and I'll try to match the previous poses. Gasman out.

james_w8lifter
03-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Great workouts brother! Cool to see that you trained with someone from the forum as well. Congrats on your measurements. Good too see you inching towards your goal.

The Gasman UK
03-03-2010, 03:31 AM
Great workouts brother! Cool to see that you trained with someone from the forum as well. Congrats on your measurements. Good too see you inching towards your goal.

Thanks James. I can feel the home stretch approaching!!

02/03/10

Todays Workout

The Gasman UK
03-04-2010, 05:12 AM
03/03/10:

Todays Workout

Military press:
5kg/11lbs x 12
25kg/55lbs x 20
65kg/143lbs x 8
70kg/154lbs x 6
75kg/165lbs x 6

Deadlift
60kg/132lbs x 10
140kg/308lbs x 6
150kg/330lbs x 6
150kg/330lbs x 3
It's creeping back up, ive got used to the low calories again, just gotta have longer rest between sets.

70lbs x 6
70lbs x 6
70bs x 5
Felt very weak, the presses and deads took it out of me.

Curl-Grip Chin up
B x 10
B x 10
I like these :)

Bodweight Dips
B x 10
B x 10
B x 9

Cardio - Treadmill 33 minutes @ 11km/h 0.5% incline 515 calories used.

The Gasman UK
03-05-2010, 05:21 AM
04/02/10:

Treadmill - 10km
54 minutes of running between 11-14km/h for the run, then 10-6km/h for the cooldown.

955 calories used.

The Gasman UK
03-08-2010, 01:56 AM
05/03/10:
Training - Full body mega workout

Trained with my mate again. Arrggh why did i agree to do that again?

Pullup pyramid: Bodyweight
5 reps
6 reps
7 reps
8 reps
9 reps
10 reps
9 reps
8 reps
7 reps
6 reps
5 reps

Dips pyramid: Bodyweight
1 rep
2 rep
all the way up to 10
then back down to 1
OUCH!

Abs:
200 reps

Cardio:
20 minutes LISS

And relax ...

The Gasman UK
03-08-2010, 01:59 AM
06/02/10:
Training - REST DAY

Went for a nice 2 hour walk in the country then to the pub for a few pints o ale! Sorted.

07/02/10:

Treadmill
45 minutes of running between 10-14km/h for the run, then 8-6km/h for the cooldown.

Also 3 x 20 reps on calf raises 90kg (200lbs) to finish. - I'll be able to start hitting my legs hard again after I complete the next half marathon on 21st march.

675 calories used.

The Gasman UK
03-09-2010, 01:55 AM
08/03/10

Todays Workout

Thai boxing - 75 minutes Grading lesson.

Passed with flying colours. Of course. Apparently I'm extending my punches too much e.g. Karate/Kickboxing style. Thai boxing is much closer to boxing style. Must work on that.

The Gasman UK
03-10-2010, 02:11 AM
09/03/10:

Todays Workout

30lbs x 12
75bs x 8
75lbs x 6
75lbs x 5
Stamina and endurance on the lifts is going down. I am cutting hard though and I did do an intense Thai Boxing grading yesterday. Must not drop down to 70lbs !!!

Pullups - Bodyweight
B x 10
B x 10
B x 8+2
Maintaining my pullups but I'm getting lighter.

75lbs x 6
75bs x 6
75lbs x 5

Barbell Row:
60kg/132lb x 8
90kg/198lbs x 6
90kg/198lbs x 6
90kg/198lbs x 6

Barbell Bicep Curl
40kg/88lbs x 8
40kg/88lbs x 8

Cardio:
33 minutes treadmill 10.5km/h 0.5% incline. 502 calories used.

Ahhh. The weight lifting is getting significantly more taxing. Just to maintain the same lifts. But I am absolutely determined to maintain my current level of strength and size whilst I also maintain this rather hardcore cut. Running at minus 1000 calories a day for 5 days of the week, plus 500 for one day and minus 500 for one day. I am seeing day by day changes in the mirror now and can realised the end is in sight, which gives me even more motivation. I MUST SUCCEED !! Also I have a bet on with my friend to get under 10% bodyfat before we go on holiday and he will pay for the first 3 nights hotels. Bonus!! GO GO GO !

The Gasman UK
03-11-2010, 01:52 AM
10/03/10
Training - Muay Thai - Thai Boxing Sparring

Todays Workout

Thai boxing - 60 minutes sparring

Ouch ouch ouch. Woke up this morning with 2 dead legs and fat lip. Owww. This lesson is hardcore. But I love it, it's amazing. Need to work on stamina a bit more though, which i will be able to after the cut finishes!

Joe Black
03-11-2010, 03:03 AM
Great job in here Rav.

To keep up the thai boxing on a calorie defect is amazing work. Don't beat yourself up on the strength stuff, you're gonna have a few bad days here or there whilst cutting, thats just the way it is.

3 nights in the hotel is a great motivation lol

The Gasman UK
03-12-2010, 03:28 AM
Great job in here Rav.
To keep up the thai boxing on a calorie defect is amazing work. Don't beat yourself up on the strength stuff, you're gonna have a few bad days here or there whilst cutting, thats just the way it is.
3 nights in the hotel is a great motivation lol

Cheers Dan mate! It is starting to get to me, mentally but then I realise it's approaching the end of the week and a break and refeed approaches which keeps me sane!! The quicker I get to my goal, the sooner I can start eating more and blasting out the weight again so it's all good motivation. I even did 20 minutes fasted Wii Fit before work today lol! That doesn't count as my cardio though as it's easy peasy.

11/03/10:

Todays Workout

Military press:
25kg/55lbs x 20
65kg/143lbs x 8
70kg/154lbs x 6
70kg/154lbs x 6
Dropped my max a little. But holding steady at 154lbs.

Seated Incline Dumbbell Press (x2)
75lbs x 7
75lbs x 7
75bs x 5
This was hard.

Seated cable V-grip row:
110kg/242lbs x 8
110kg/242lbs x 8
That machine don't go no higher.. Grrr.. More REPS SIR!! MORE REPS!

Curl-Grip Chin up
B x 10
B x 10
B x 10
These are actually getting easier, which makes sense as I'm getting lighter in bodyweight lol!

Bodweight Dips
B x 10
B x 10
B x 9+1

Skull Crusher:
38kg/84lbs x 7
38kg/84lbs x 7

Cardio - 30 minutes cross trainer - 280 calories used (I just didn't have the energy or will to do a 500 calorie run, but knew I would feel I let myself down if I didn't at least do a little cardio..

The Gasman UK
03-15-2010, 07:09 AM
12/03/10:
Training - Legs & Abs

Just wanted to hammer my legs as I've been neglecting them recently due to too much running and preparing for the half marathon next week. This will be my last leg workout until one week after the run then I'll be back on them hardcore like a mofo!

Todays Workout

Squats (very deep):
60kg/132lbs x 10
100kg/220lbs x 8
100kg/220lbs x 8
100kg/220lbs x 8
100kg/220lbs x 8
100kg/220lbs x 8
100kg/220lbs x 8
100kg/220lbs x 8
100kg/220lbs x 8

Went light, concentrated on good form, clean reps and just 1 minute rest between sets. Felt good as I've not really squatted in a while. Bad I know, but you try squatting and running 10 miles lol!

Seated Leg Extension
Machine max (plate 19) x 12
Machine max (plate 19) x 12
Machine max (plate 19) x 15

Glad to see I've not lost my leg strength. Oh I love how the muscles pop out on your quads on the extension :)

Seated Leg Press machine Calf Raise
165kg/363lbs x 12
173kg/381lbs x 12
181kg/398lbs x 12
I don't like doing them on that machine but its the best the gym has so...

Decline Ab Crunch:
25 reps
25 reps
25 reps

Hanging Leg Raise:
20 reps
20 reps

Absolutely shattered now. No cardio tonight, low calories all week and hard training with no rest makes Gasman a tired boy. Time for beer me thinks!

james_w8lifter
03-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Nice training... Great volume with the legs

Behemoth
03-15-2010, 07:11 PM
I like that squatting session. I may try something like that here shortly, howd you feel the few days after?

And does you journal title bare any signifigance to the pink floyd song?

The Gasman UK
03-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Nice training... Great volume with the legs

I like that squatting session. I may try something like that here shortly, howd you feel the few days after?
And does you journal title bare any signifigance to the pink floyd song?
Cheers guys. Yeah good to mix it up. Didn't feel too bad actually, my legs were already destroyed before I started from the thai boxing, but 220lbs is quite light for me so it was ok. Just good clean reps.
And Behemoth, no not from Pink Floyd but yeah just realised that, and Pink Floyd rule I'd say they are the greatest band who ever existed.

15/03/10:

Todays Workout

30lbs x 12
75bs x 6
75lbs x 6
75lbs x 5

Pullups - Bodyweight
B x 10
B x 10
B x 9

55lbs x 10
75bs x 6
75lbs x 6

Barbell Row:
60kg/132lb x 8
90kg/198lbs x 6
90kg/198lbs x 6
90kg/198lbs x 6

Barbell Bicep Curl
40kg/88lbs x 8
40kg/88lbs x 8

Cardio:
55 minutes treadmill 11.5km/h 0.5% incline. 925 calories used.

The Gasman UK
03-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Body status report
16/03/10

16/03/10 - 172.7lbs (78.5kg)
Difference - -10.3lbs

04/01/09 - 23.7%
Starting bf% - 18.4%
19/01/10 bf% - 16.7%
16/02/10 bf - 17.3%
02/03/10 bf - 16.1%
16/03/10 bf - 15.8%

Well that wasn't quite the result I'd hoped for. I seem to have lost 2kg (4.4lbs) over two weeks, but the actual fat drop wasn't so encouraging. The graph showed a reduction of 600g (1.33lbs) of fat weight, 300g (0.675lbs) lean weight and a loss of 1.1kg (2.42lbs) water weight. So analysing those numbers, I did actually work out ok, but looks like I'm on the slightly dehydrated end of the spectrum. E.g. with proper hydration with the same fat/lean my %fat should be around 15, which is what im aiming for next.

Ah well, next test scheduled for 4 weeks time as the girl who does it is away. I will train and eat super strict until then and blast out my next one. 12 weeks total time left to get under 10%. I can feel it getting harder !!

Behemoth
03-16-2010, 07:58 PM
Nice cutting bro.

I wouldn't argue the pink floyd fact. I had a journey a few years ago entittled "so you think you can tell, heaven from hell" or something like that. I had the wall memorized by age 4 I think lol

The Gasman UK
03-17-2010, 04:18 AM
Nice cutting bro. I wouldn't argue the pink floyd fact. I had a journey a few years ago entittled "so you think you can tell, heaven from hell" or something like that. I had the wall memorized by age 4 I think lol
Yeah cutting is going ok, but i have a bet on with my friend so ive only got 12 weeks left to get to 9.9% I can feel the pressure mounting!

Wow you're an even more hardcore fan than me. My favourite album is either Wish you were here or The Wall, in fact it might be Dark Side of the Moon, can't decide between those 3 lol!

16/03/10

Todays Workout

Behemoth
03-17-2010, 07:07 PM
What method are you being calipered by?

The Gasman UK
03-18-2010, 08:15 AM
What method are you being calipered by?
Ah yes. It's a bioelectical impedence, albeit a very expensive piece of kit. With sensors which attach to your hands and feet. Seems to be fairly accurate to what I would think I am as well, and gives an estimated breakdown of Body Fat weight and %, Water weight and %, Total Lean Mass weight and % and Total Lean Dry Mass weight and %. I know they can be less accurate than other methods, but this isn't some cheap $10 handheld device, it's a proper bit of kit. And I always use it under the exact same conditions, immediately before breakfast, with the same clothes on and at the same time, and same day and also after using the toilet (TMI !). As long as I keep the measuring time and conditions consistent I can continue to use it, if you look back to page 5 or 6 and the pictures you'll see what percentage fat the reading gave me and you tell me if you think it's accurate or not. I would welcome some other opinions as if im wrong and its way off I may change the method.

Anyway down to business:

17/03/10:

Today is the last day I am training until I run the half marathon on Sunday. I've not done as much training as I would have liked for this one, partly due to the hardcore cutting and partly due to putting more effort in to weights and martial arts. But hey I'm gonna run it hard, see what time I get and just enjoy myself. Ahhh pain is goooood ! ;)

Todays Workout

Military press:
5kg/11lbs x 12
25kg/55lbs x 10
65kg/143lbs x 8
65kg/143lbs x 6
70kg/154lbs x 6

Deadlift
60kg/132lbs x 10
130kg/286lbs x 6
130kg/286lbs x 6
130kg/286lbs x 6
Kept it light as back stiffness + distance running isn't a good combo. Hammering it hardcore again next week after I recover from the half marathon.

70lbs x 6
70lbs x 6
70bs x 5

Curl-Grip Chin up
B x 10
B x 10
B x 10

Bodweight Dips
B x 10
B x 10
B x 10

Cardio - Treadmill 30 minutes @ 13km/h 0.5% incline 605 calories used.

Joe Black
03-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Always impresses me how you manage to nail the weights even though you are thai boxing and running a half marathon.

Good work and good luck for SUnday mate.

The Gasman UK
03-18-2010, 09:43 AM
Always impresses me how you manage to nail the weights even though you are thai boxing and running a half marathon.
Good work and good luck for SUnday mate.

Cheers Dan hopefully I'll do well Sunday. The thing is most my lifts are dropping in terms or either reps or sets and in some cases weights. I have a picture firmly in my mind that I want to keep every last millimetre of muscle fiber I have gained during my training and I'm convinced by blasting the weights, that I can make that image a reality.

It is starting to become slightly harder each week to maintain the weight and reps, so im reducing just as slowly as I can possibly manage. By thursday/friday im usually ready to collapse, and this week im lucky ive got 3 rest days. I knew this running was good for something! Take care guys!

The Gasman UK
03-22-2010, 03:58 AM
Weekend and Half Marathon Report
Training - Reading Half Marathon - 13.1 miles / 21km

Friday and Saturday were lovely. I ate close to 700g of carbs both day and I exploded out. Mmm it was well nice to pig out like that but now the time for that is over.

Got up Sunday morning 4.45am and had my running breakfast which was 3 white toasted english muffins with peanut butter and jam, a large black coffee and a protein shake.

I felt unprepared for this particular race, my previous training for previous runs I had been doing regular 15km training runs, but this time I'd not gone over 10km. And remember the half is 21km long. There were about 12,500 runners, and the atmospehere was intense. We all lined up and I decided to run behind the 1:35 pace setter, which was ambitious as my best previous time was 1:38 and this time I'd done a lot less training. Anyway the race started ok and i kept up with the pace guy. But at about mile 6 I thought hang on, this is a bit too easy, so i cruised past him and just kept going. Extreme leg cramp and muscle stiffness kicked in about mile 10 but i realied only 3 miles to go so i dug deep and hammered it out. We finished in the stadium with an all out sprint. I almost coughed my lungs up after.

My time was [B]1:32:58 which is a personal best and way more than I'd hoped for. I came ]900th out of 12,500 runners.

There you have it, PROOF that bodybuilders can run and can be uber fit cardio wise. But boy do my legs hurt now, and they're pumped. But now I can take some focus off the running and just use it to maintain the fat loss. Though the running bug takes over sometimes and I'm sure I'll do another run in the future.

Gasman.

[/COLOR]

The Gasman UK
03-23-2010, 09:30 AM
22/03/10:

Todays Workout

30lbs x 12
75bs x 6
75lbs x 6
75lbs x 6

Barbell Row:
60kg/132lb x 8
90kg/198lbs x 6
90kg/198lbs x 6
90kg/198lbs x 6

55lbs x 10
70bs x 6
70lbs x 6
70lbs x 6

Pullups - Bodyweight
B x 10
B x 10
B x 10

Barbell Bicep Curl
40kg/88lbs x 8
40kg/88lbs x 7

Cardio:
37 minutes treadmill 9.5km/h 0.5% incline. 517 calories used. Nice low intensity recovery run after that half marathon. Did 10 minutes stretching afterwards as well.

The Gasman UK
03-24-2010, 02:39 AM
23/03/10:

Treadmill - Recovery run 10km/h 35 minutes.

475 calories used.

Legs still sore from the half marathon so just a light recovery run nothing special.

I am now extending my strictness in to my weekends. I can feel the final push coming on. I woke up twice in the night with hunger pains. A female bodybuilder friend of mine likes to say that's a sign of fat leaving the body. Whatever it was, it wasn't fun but I'm pushing through. No more cheat day, just one Treat meal saturday night only. I must get to 9.9%. I'm feeling lighter but no weigh in for another couple of weeks. Death or glory !!

The Gasman UK
03-25-2010, 04:52 AM
24/03/10:
Training - CARDIO - Running 5 miles outside

A local 5 mile circuit with my neighbour. We we're slow and steady as we we're both still hurting, and we did it fasted.

Missed Thai boxing class as i left my shin pads at a different location and wouldn't be able to get hold of them :( so went for a run outside instead.

This is starting to get bad, must be strong. Hunger pangs, moodiness and lethargy. It was someones birthday at work and they bought in shed loads of Cake, biscuits and sweets. I resisted them all even though in a meeting everyone was eating the birthday cake. This is the path I have chosen I will realise my dreams. But god is it hard work.

Have to admit I'm struggling everyday is a battle now.

The Gasman UK
03-26-2010, 03:58 AM
25/03/10:

Todays Workout

Military press:
5kg/11lbs x 12
25kg/55lbs x 10
65kg/143lbs x 6
65kg/143lbs x 6
65kg/143lbs x 6

Deadlift
60kg/132lbs x 10
140kg/308lbs x 6
140kg/308lbs x 5
140kg/308lbs x 4

Bent over Single arm dumbbell row (x2)
100lbs x 8
100lbs x 8

Curl-Grip Chin up
B x 10
B x 10

Bodweight Dips
B x 12
B x 10
B x 10

Strength has stopped dropping now, think my body is used to the calorie restriction. Been in some low places on the restricted intake, but felt great as soon as i did those deads. Felt really stimulated and slept well afterwards. I'm more positive now I will continue to fight.

EDIT - Oh almost forgot, did 40 minutes fasted cardio this morning as well !

Behemoth
03-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Looking strong brother, nice deads

The Gasman UK
03-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Looking strong brother, nice deads
Thanks but not the weight and volume i'm used to, just can't maintain it on this cut! GRRRRR.

26/03/10:
Training - Legs!!!

FINALLY the HALF MARATHON training is over... for now. Time to hammer those legs back in to shape MOFO!

Todays Workout

Squats :-)
20kg/44lbs x 12
60kg/132lbs x 10
100kg/220lbs x 8
105kg/231lbs x 8
110kg/242lbs x 8
115kg/253lbs x 8
120kg/264lbs x 8
Just working my legs back in. I've lost some size due to all the running, but my leg muscles are a bit tighter and toned. Went nice and deep, not quite ATG but at least parallel. Slow and controlled. I'll build the weight back up slowly each week now till I reach 140kg/308lbs or so.

Calf Raise on Smith machine off box:
60kg/132lbs x 10
95kg/209lbs x 15
95kg/209lbs x 15
95kg/209lbs x 15

Leg Extension machine:
Max weight x 15
Max weight x 15
Max weight x 15

Just breaking back in slowly and my legs are still fatigued so not too much work today. Gosh I forgot how much I love doing legs :-)

The Gasman UK
03-27-2010, 10:07 AM
27/03/10:
Training - Cardio

Went for a quick 5 mile run before breakfast with my neighbour. OMG I struggled to maintain 9 minute miles. Time for a rest me thinks. Legs like lead blocks ....

The Gasman UK
03-30-2010, 03:32 AM
29/03/10:
Training - Chest, Back, Bi's

My strength is starting to come back now. I'm gonna start pushing the weight up if I can, when I can. I have been just trying to maintain due to the low cals (700 to 1000 under maintenance). But I reckon if I aim higher, I might just manage a couple extra reps or another 5lb on the bar.

My abs are definately getting tighter and showing through. Everyone is saying how lean I'm looking. I've been running 20 minutes every morning fasted without fail, add on to that 2 longer runs, 1-2 thai boxing sesssions, 3 weights sessions and the calorie deficit it's no wonder. Just gotta shift this last god damn bit o spare tire I hate it it has to go!!! I only weight/bodyfat test every 2-4 weeks so I don't know how much I'm weighing but it must be between 173-176lbs Eeek thats low, I feel sooo tired. TRAIN HARDER stop moaning Gasman nothing worth having comes easy. Next test 2 weeks time.

Peace out ya'll.

Todays Workout

30lbs x 12
75bs x 6
75lbs x 7
75lbs x 6

Barbell Row:
60kg/132lb x 12
90kg/198lbs x 6
90kg/198lbs x 6
90kg/198lbs x 6

55lbs x 10
70bs x 8
70lbs x 6
70lbs x 5

Pullups - Bodyweight
B x 10
B x 10
B x 9

Barbell Bicep Curl
40kg/88lbs x 8
40kg/88lbs x 6

Cardio:
32 minutes treadmill 11km/h 0.5% incline. 505 calories used.

The Gasman UK
03-31-2010, 05:23 AM
30/03/10

Todays Workout

Hard session, intense bag work, pad work, HIT cardio, lots of pressups and 25 minutes light sparring.

Joe Black
03-31-2010, 05:58 AM
Man, you are absolutely SMASHING - I gotta get to work lol.

Great job!

Joe Black
04-08-2010, 02:05 AM
Where aaaaaaaaaaaaaaare you?!?

The Gasman UK
04-08-2010, 04:08 AM
Sorry Dan.

Was off for Easter for a final blowout with my mates, on the pop for 4 nights, ate whatever. Did one gym session and went for a 5 hour mountain bike ride with mates.

Then I was a little ill (what a suprise), feeling better now. Training resumes again tonight. Next bodyfat test is tuesday then im setting a target of 12% bodyfat for 4 weeks on tuesday. This is the final push now, I'm aiming to get to 10% in 6 weeks, with 2 weeks spare just in case. BRING IT ON!!!!!

GoodyGirl
04-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Heyyyyyyyyy there! Long time, no visit. Sorry. My son has now learned how to use the computer. Less time for me! LOL Hope you're doing well. Sounds like you had a nice Easter. :)

The Gasman UK
04-13-2010, 03:35 AM
The final push
8 weeks to go..
Okay apologies for the lack of updates. I had a short easter holiday, was ill for a couple of days, off work and generally not doing any updates. Anyway back to it.

Next bodytest is scheduled for tomorrow then from that point I'm measuring every 2 weeks for 4 more tests for a total of 8 weeks, though I want to be under 10% by the 2nd to last test. If I don't make it this time, I don't think I ever will, so it's all or nothing time.

I've realised I can't maintain a low calorie diet (under 2400) for more than 2 days, just can't do it. But what I can do is run higher calories, but then balance this out by doing extra cardio everyday. This works for me I have been finding. For example If I consume 2300 cals, and use 3300 thats a 1000 deficit but after 2-3 days i feel awful and my body rebels and craves all bad foods. BUT If I consume 2700, and use 3700 each day, thats a still a 1000 calorie deficit but I encounter far fewer problems and can sustain it for much much longer! So I know what I need to do. Every 5-7th day will be a refeed with neutral to up to +500 cals still though. And I'll workout on these days to use 3700 approx so that means a refeed day of up to 4200 :) Yum.

12/04/10:

Todays Workout

Military press:
5kg/11lbs x 12
25kg/55lbs x 10
65kg/143lbs x 8
70kg/154lbs x 6
70kg/154lbs x 5
Good. Got 143lbs back up to 8 reps. Strength has returned.

Seated V-Grip Row
95kg/209lbs x 10
102.5kg / 223lbs x 9
110kg / 242lbs x 8
Strong I was with the rows.

Incline dummbell press(x2)
55lbs x 10
65lbs x 8
70lbs x 4
Oooh balance dropped and failed on 4. Not good.

Close grip Lat pulldown to front (curl grip)
54kg/119lbs x 20
65kg/143lbs x 10
73kg/161lbs x 10
82kg/181lbs x 8

Skull Crusher
28kg/62lbs x 10
38kg/84lbs x 10
38kg/84lbs x 8

Cardio - AM 20 minutes LISS Fasted
Postworkout - 50 minutes @ 10km/h 1% incline.

The Gasman UK
04-14-2010, 03:38 AM
Body status report
14/04/10

16/03/10 - 172.7lbs (78.5kg)
14/04/10 - 173.8lbs (79kg)
Difference - -9.2lbs

04/01/09 - 23.7%
Starting bf% - 18.4%
19/01/10 bf% - 16.7%
16/02/10 bf - 17.3%
02/03/10 bf - 16.1%
16/03/10 bf - 15.8%
14/04/10 bf - 15.4%

Poor. Very poor. 1 month's training, 0.4% fat loss and 0.5kg weight gain. WTF am I doing? It's time to get serious now. No more booze, no cheating, just solid training and dieting. Body weight/fat tests updates every 2 weeks.

5.5% to go.......
8 weeks left.

The Gasman UK
04-15-2010, 03:35 AM
14/04/10:

Todays Workout

30lbs x 20
75bs x 6
75lbs x 6
75lbs x 4

T-Barl Row:
80kg/176lb x 10
100kg/220lbs x 10
105kg/231lbs x 8
110g/242lbs x 6

70lbs x 8
70bs x 6
70lbs x 6

Pullups - Bodyweight
B x 8
B x 10
B x 9

Barbell Bicep Curl
40kg/88lbs x 8
40kg/88lbs x 8

Cardio:
45 minutes treadmill various speeds.

The Gasman UK
04-16-2010, 04:13 AM
15/04/10:
Training - Legs!!!

Todays Workout

20kg/44lbs x 20
60kg/132lbs x 20
100kg/220lbs x 10
110kg/242lbs x 8
110kg/242lbs x 8
120kg/264lbs x 6
120kg/264lbs x 6
120kg/264lbs x 5

Energy levels low wanted to go higher but just couldn't :(

Calf Megaset:
15 x leg-press calf raises 175kg/385lbs
then (no rest)
20 neutral stance calf raises raised off the ground
20 toes-inward stance calf raises raised off the ground
20 toes-outward stance calf raises raised off the ground
Collapse on floor with acid burn.
Rest
Repeat 2 more times.

Leg Extension machine:
Max weight x 15
Max weight x 15
Max weight+5kg/11lbs x 12
Max weight+5kg/11lbs x 11

Leg Curls:
3 sets of whatever to finish.

Cardio - Pathetic 30 minutes treadmill.... low low blood sugar couldnt maintain even 7km/h at the end :(

Food - Over ate god damn it! Only came in -300 calories (target -1000) today damn this hunger GRRRRRRRR.

16/04/10: Cardio fasted:
20 minutes treadmill
35 minutes spinner (stationery bike)

Damn this fat, damn it all the way to hell!! It's gonna go. It HAS TO !!!!

Joe Black
04-16-2010, 04:51 AM
Keep fighting through it buddy. It's so hard to not over-eat when you;re hungry as hell - you just gotta fight it and drink tea/diet coke or just try and block it out!

Respect on the cardio!

The Gasman UK
04-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Keep fighting through it buddy. It's so hard to not over-eat when you;re hungry as hell - you just gotta fight it and drink tea/diet coke or just try and block it out!
Respect on the cardio!

Yes you're right Dan. It's the hardest bit of cutting in fact.

16/04/10:
Training - Cardio

Todays Workout

Fasted cardio:
- 20 minutes treadmill
- Had to stop for toilet emergency lol !
- 30 minutes Spinner (stationery bike)

17/04/10:
Training - Cardio

Todays Workout

Weather was fantastic today. I'd arranged to do some circuit training with my mate Dan who's going to Thailand with me in June. In fact we've got a bet on, he reckons I can't get to under 10% before we go (June). I'm gonna prove him wrong come hell or high water!

7am - Fasted cardio:
Local 5 mile circuit - slow, 50 minutes.

3pm - '300' circuit (OMG)
No rest between sets.
25 Heaves (Wide-Pullup)
50 Kettlebell swings (abs/lower back)
50 Box Jumps
50 Pressups
50 Kettle Bell Shoulder Presses
25 Heaves to finish
That was a mother. It's hardcore trust me. My mate Dan does stuff like this all the time. No thanks lol.

Then we did about 300 abs various exercises.

Then 20 minute run.

Excellent day. I can even sneak in some wine and still come in minus 1000 calories. Excellent!!

Aahhh and to finish here's a little progress pic:
Me @ 15.4% / 176lbs (80kg)
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29068&d=1271527316

The Gasman UK
04-20-2010, 01:36 AM
19/04/10:

Todays Workout

30lbs x 20
75bs x 6
75lbs x 6
75lbs x 6
Right busted a full 3x6, thank goodness. Strength has stabilised.

Bent over Barbell Row
50kg/110lb x 12
95kg /209lbs x 6
95kg /209lbs x 6
95kg /209lbs x 6

55lbs x 12
70lbs x 8
70bs x 6
70lbs x 6

Pullups - Bodyweight
B x 10
B x 10
B x 10

Barbell Bicep Curl
40kg/88lbs x 8
40kg/88lbs x 8
40kg/88lbs x 8

Barbell Wrist Curl
25kg/55lbs x 25
25kg/55lbs x 25

Cardio:
Lovely day so ran 5km (3.2 miles) outdoor cross country circuit, then came back to the gym and 10 minutes on 9% incline treadmill jog.

Got home ate, serious lethargy was in bed by 9pm. Don't know how much longer I can maintain this intensity... and from now on Tuesday + Wednesday will be Thai boxing days. Anyone still following along lol? Blah blah blah. Random stuff here.

Seeing the changes in the morning especially if I got to bed hungry, seem to notice my stomach shrinking next morning when I get up, does anyone else get that? Weird.

Mark!
04-20-2010, 01:47 AM
Looking good bro.

The Gasman UK
04-21-2010, 02:39 AM
20/04/10

First lesson back after a nasty sore throat got me last couple of weeks, was ok for gym but not for 90 minutes of relentless high intensity thai boxing whilst being hit by other people lol.

Felt good though thought it would be harder than it was. Managed pretty well. Can feel my body working at a more optimal level, it certainly likes this new weight/bodyfat configuration anyway.

Todays Workout

Joe Black
04-21-2010, 02:53 AM
[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]

Seeing the changes in the morning especially if I got to bed hungry, seem to notice my stomach shrinking next morning when I get up, does anyone else get that? Weird.

I get this too.

When I have a really good diet day, hit the sack early and then get up I definately notice my belly feels slim and everything feels tight. And the scales always tend to read well too.

Crazy intensity for dieting mate, but looks as if it doing the trick!

The Gasman UK
04-22-2010, 05:22 AM
I get this too.
When I have a really good diet day, hit the sack early and then get up I definately notice my belly feels slim and everything feels tight. And the scales always tend to read well too.
Crazy intensity for dieting mate, but looks as if it doing the trick!

Glad it's not just me :) Good feeling though next morning! Yeh Dan I have to keep it intense so I can eat more. That's the only way I can stay sane and use enough calories to lean up. E.g. yesterday 3700 cals used, 2650 cals eaten. I can't survive on under 2500 cals, simple as. Though I was soooo tired at work yesterday was nodding off in a meeting and was a walking zombie most of the day. Feel better today though.

21/04/10

Good hours worth of intense sparring, partner work and 200 kick/punch pad work. Acid burn in my tri's was ridiculous. I'm taking beta alanine 2250mg pre and post workout seems to help a bit though!

The Gasman UK
04-23-2010, 01:18 AM
22/04/10:

Todays Workout

Military press:
5kg/11lbs x 20
25kg/55lbs x 10
65kg/143lbs x 8
70kg/154lbs x 6
75kg/165lbs x 5 Oooh that's close to a PR for me. Whilst cutting lol.

Deadlift
60kg/132lbs x 10
100kg/220lbs x 10
140kg/308lbs x 6
140kg/308lbs x 6
140kg/308lbs x 5

Incline dumbbell Press (x2)
55bs x 10
70lbs x 8
70lbs x 7
50lbs x 9

100lbs x 10
100lbs x 10

Skull Crusher
28kg/62lbs x 10
38kg/84lbs x 8
38kg/84lbs x 8

Cardio - 10 minutes X-trainer level 12, 30 minutes treadmill 11km/h 1% incline. 700 cals used total.

All in all an excellent workout. Felt strong, some OK deads, a strong press and maintained throughout. Pleased with that.

Mark!
04-23-2010, 02:32 AM
Awesome work in here man, as usual. Strong stuff.

The Gasman UK
04-24-2010, 01:03 AM
Awesome work in here man, as usual. Strong stuff.

Thanks Mark. I think my body is getting used to being this lower weight now. Still struggle with squatting more than I did when I was 220lbs though :(

23/04/10:
Training - Legs!!!

Todays Workout

Had a training partner today, my mate Dan who is an army PTI. Strong and fit, but he needs to work on his legs so I set a nice beasting session up for us. I told him he won't be able to walk tomorrow... he he.

20kg/44lbs x 20
60kg/132lbs x 20
100kg/220lbs x 15
120kg/264lbs x 10
130kg/286lbs x 8
135kg/297lbs x 5 (wanted 6, not good form)

Damn I love squats. I'm getting my confidence back on them now. Must go deeper on heavier weight though.(

Dumbbell Lunge (x2)
Did 5 reps then my right knee had a sharp twinging pain. Ahhh now I remember why I stopped doing these. I decided to abort this exercise. Must not do these again !!

Leg Extension machine:
Max weight x 15
Max weight +5kg/11lbs x 15
Max weight+5kg/11lbs x 15
My mate Dan just about kept up though he couldn't add the extra 11lbs. He said he felt like Dolph Lungren off Rocky. Hilarious!

Calf Megaset:
15 x leg-press calf raises 175kg/385lbs
then (no rest)
20 neutral stance calf raises raised off the ground
20 toes-inward stance calf raises raised off the ground
20 toes-outward stance calf raises raised off the ground
Collapse on floor with acid burn.
Rest
Repeat 2 more times.

Leg Curls dropset.
Started on plate 10 x 8 reps
Plate 9 x 8
Etc al the way down to 2.

Cardio - 15 minute X-trainer and 15 minutes light slow treadmill.

I love legs workouts. There's so much to hit. Never want to stop and my legs recover really quick, I'm sure it's the running that has helped this. But on the flip side my maximum lifts have slipped a tiny bit.

Behemoth
04-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Thats a badass leg session, have you heard from dan since haha?

Mark!
04-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Beast of a leg session, I am curious how Dan is doing, lol.

The Gasman UK
04-26-2010, 03:42 AM
Thats a badass leg session, have you heard from dan since haha?

Beast of a leg session, I am curious how Dan is doing, lol.

Lol I think he's alive. He wasn't doing the same numbers on squats and extensions though. Tell ya one think, those calf megasets really bring out the definition of the calf all over. They do cause a big acid buildup though so do em at the end.

24/04/10:
Training - Bodyweight circuit

Todays Workout

Keeping it fresh, and training with Dan again. We we're both complaining of stiff lower back and sore calves but otherwise not too bad.

Pullups - Bodyweight 4 x 10-12
Dips - Bodyweight 4 x 10-12
Inverted Row off barbell - BW 4 x 12
Pressup - BW 4 x 15
Clean & Press - 40kg/88lbs 4 x 10
Dumbbell Curl dropset , 40lbs, 35lbs, 30lbs x 8

It's nice to do a mainly BW workout some days. Get the body used it's configuration, concentrate on good form and work on your stabilisations. In and out. Job done.

Oh and we went to watch the football and ended up drinking too much beer that day :( Stupid gasman. No more slip ups like that now. Just 5 weeks of solid training. Simples.

The Gasman UK
04-27-2010, 10:33 AM
26/04/10:

Todays Workout

Had to come in before work and train early morning, both my weights and cardio as I was going to have to work overtime in the evening at work.

30lbs x 20
75bs x 3
75lbs x 4
75lbs x 4
Oh dear. Fail. I blame the early morning training. Just not strong in the morning :(

Bent Over Barbell Row
97.5kg/215lbs 3x6

70lbs x 7
70bs x 6
70lbs x 6

Pullups - Bodyweight
B x 10
B x 10
B x 10

Barbell Bicep Curl
40kg/88lbs x 8
40kg/88lbs x 8

Cardio:
30 minutes treadmill various speeds.

I don't like weights in the morning but it had to be done, so I had to do it. Simple as. I had drank a few beers on Saturday that probably didn't help.

Aiming for 10 days solid diet and training now, 800-1000 calorie deficit throughout. I've also got a caliper and someone who can test me so from now on im gonna get both Calipered and bio-electric testing done as im sure im lower than the electrical test said i was last time.

The Gasman UK
04-28-2010, 08:59 AM
27/04/10

90 minutes intense lesson. Equivalent to HIIT, 90 seconds full out, 60 seconds rest, virtually for the full 90 minutes. Pad / partner work techniques, continuous. My favourite type of lesson. Feel that fat burning.

Behemoth
04-28-2010, 02:44 PM
90 minutes of an HIIT type session that wear you out pretty good for the next hour or two after that? I know I wouldn't want to do much of anything if I attempted anything CLOSE to that...

The Gasman UK
04-29-2010, 03:33 AM
90 minutes of an HIIT type session that wear you out pretty good for the next hour or two after that? I know I wouldn't want to do much of anything if I attempted anything CLOSE to that...

Different goals though, you are extremely strong, it would be difficult to maintain huge lifting and intense martial arts! I'm trying to balance lifting, martial arts and distance running. Lol like chalk and cheese !
It's bloody hard work mate, you just have to keep pushing. I just about manage to get home, guzzle down some oats+whey, have a bath then pass out lol. Hunger is overwhelming after an exhausting session so the best thing is try to get to sleep early.

28/04/10

60 minutes sparring lesson. Skip rope for a few minutes, corner work then sparring with clinching everything except front on knees. And it was damn hot I drank like 2 litres of water after that one.

Joe Black
04-29-2010, 04:42 AM
Awesome effort buddy - you're pulling ahead of me!

The Gasman UK
04-30-2010, 07:05 AM
Dan - I've set June as my end point for my cut as i've got 2 holidays to go on, and I don't want to cut forever. So it's balls to the wall for 4.5 weeks, no excuses. I want to see what happens. That'll be the end of my log as well. I will post full before and after photo's to show what I've achieved.

Getting calipered tonight and then bio-electrical measured on tuesday im interested to see what it comes out as.

29/04/10:

Todays Workout

Military press:
5kg/11lbs x 20
25kg/55lbs x 10
65kg/143lbs x 8
75kg/165lbs x 6
80kg/176lbs x 3+ 1 assisted PR ooops how did that happen? I have been adding in 300 extra calories pre workout in the form of oats+dextro. Seems to be working :-)

Deadlift
60kg/132lbs x 10
100kg/220lbs x 8
140kg/308lbs x 6
140kg/308lbs x 6
140kg/308lbs x 6

Incline dumbbell Press (x2)
55bs x 10
70lbs x 8
70lbs x 8
70lbs x 5

100lbs x 10
100lbs x 10

Skull Crusher
28kg/62lbs x 10
43kg/95lbs x 8
43kg/95lbs x 7

Cardio - 40 minutes treadmill 10.5km/h 1% incline.

The Gasman UK
04-30-2010, 02:08 PM
30-04-10

End Game.

It's over. My suspicions of how low body fat I actually am was confirmed by the calipers. I knew the bio-electrical impedence wasn't accurate I just didn't know by how much. I had the calipers done by 2 qualified guys 3 times each and the average came out at 7.8% bodyfat, well within my target of 10. It's quite emotional actually even if that's slightly under I must be around the 10% mark. I'm happy with that. For now it's back to a very slow bulk, very slow. And clean. Check out my photos, I've put on some from Jan 09 to compare and you can see how far I've come.

Thanks to everyone on WBB, Dan Clough and everyone else who has followed along. This was my first log and it certainly helped. Let me know what you think of my latest photos, and what % fat you reckon I am.

Beginning Stats:
Weight - 100kg / 220lbs
Fat - ~24-25%
Waist - 39"

End Stats:
Weight - 78kg / 171.6lbs
Fat - ~8-10%
Waist - 31.5"

Edit - Oh yeah I used to shave my head and not my chest. Now it's the other way round lol !!

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29151&d=1272657333
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29152&d=1272657341
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29156&d=1272658005
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29157&d=1272658013

Joe Black
05-07-2010, 01:22 AM
So when do you go on holiday mate and also what are your next plans? It can;t stop here!!!

The Gasman UK
05-07-2010, 01:34 AM
So when do you go on holiday mate and also what are your next plans? It can;t stop here!!!
It will never stop mate. Bodybuilding and fitness is life journey, but you just keep travelling in a constant state of departure, every step getting a little closer but never finishing. Woah what's in my coffee this morning lol?

Going to cornwall for a few days start of june, then Thailand middle of June.

Goals are:
- Slow, clean bulking - 500 cals over maintanence from clean, lean sources. Looking to build strength and add quality muscle.
- Aiming to hit 4 plates on deads and squats by Autumn for reps, and a general increase on all lifts.
- Looking to increase intensity and thai boxing skill.

My log served its purpose and it was good to do. But don't think I want to carry on running one anymore Dan. I might start one in the future perhaps.

Joe Black
05-12-2010, 12:59 AM
Fair enough!! Stay in touch though!

Mark!
05-12-2010, 01:04 AM
Hey man, awesome success here! Congrats on everything! Very inspirational. It's been a lot of fun following along and watching the success you've had. Good luck with everything in the future.

The Gasman UK
05-12-2010, 05:19 AM
Cheers guys. I'm still gonna be hanging around WBB and following your logs. It's fascinating following other peoples journeys! Train hard !