I'm carb cycling like this:

Mon: Low carbs, workout
Tue: No carbs
Wed: High carbs, workout
Thur: No carbs
Fri: High carbs, workout
Sat: Low carbs
Sun: No carbs

So as you can see I work out on my high carb days, as that's what the guide said is best. Though considering I work out in the evening and not the morning, should I have my high carb days after my workout and work out on no/low carb days, to aid in recovery? I don't find any difference in energy levels when on low/high carb days

Thanks

greemah
12-01-2009, 12:19 PM
No views on this?

Ben F Burgess
12-01-2009, 12:27 PM
High carbs on workout days.

Dont forget that by the nature of the diet you are cycling calories too (more on a high day). So the last thing you want is to be shuttling a ****load of calories on a day when your just sat on your arse.

AnotherNumber
12-01-2009, 02:35 PM
It looks like what your'e doing is right. I do know that the Ultimate Diet 2.0 calls for depletion workouts, super voluminous workouts with no carbs.

ryuage
12-01-2009, 06:27 PM
you can look at it two ways

workout on high carb days to get some fuel before your workout and also help aid in recovery post workout

workout after the high carb day when you have all the carbs from the previous day stored

since you don't have a problem with energy either way I am guessing I would just stick to what you are doing and workout on your high carb days

Invain
12-01-2009, 10:56 PM
Doesn't really matter either way if you're energy is fine on low carb days. Most people would probably prefer working out on high carb days.

I've personally set pr's in the gym on no carb days.

greemah
12-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Thanks, guess I'll just stick with what I'm doing

KramerTM
12-02-2009, 12:15 PM
OP... are you cutting or bulking? I guess the bigger question is, does the carb cycling / workout cycling plan change based on which you're doing?

greemah
12-02-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm currently cutting. I do plan to change it when I start bulking, I may drop the carb cycle and just do a clean bulk or continue to cycle if I can figure out a good way to do it

Dawn Trantham
12-03-2009, 08:47 AM
In my opinion carb cycling is a good idea if you are trying to reduce body fat while building muscle. It all depends on what you want to accomplish. Not training on low carb can be beneficial but you can also tap into those fat stores if you did a little weight training on low carb and leave your heavier muscle groups (legs,back) for higher carb days.