PDA

View Full Version : Boss or Overkill?

Necrias
12-01-2009, 10:19 PM
I have recently become one bloated bastard and I am in need of a new suit and shirt. I am definitely getting the Overkill shirt, but have any of you guys used the Overkill suit (either hybrid or poly)? Right now I am using an Ace which has worked well, but because of an odd body shape I have had to get it altered by Ginny twice,which has cost me way too much money. I would rather get it custom made from the start. I really like what I see with both suits but one is tried and tested, the other is a new suit that I haven't heard much about. What do you guys think?

Oh yeah... yay first post!

Morgan McPherson
12-01-2009, 11:21 PM
One of the guys at the gym just got a custom Overkill suit, not sure what kind. But it is pretty nice looking, the construction looks top notch. The only problem is that it is really tight, and he is having trouble hitting depth. But I assume that can be normal when a suit is new.

SELK
12-02-2009, 12:24 AM
I thought about this as well recently, and I went with the boss (came from an ace as well, same problem. They need to make the legs bigger).

The overkill most likely is a great suit, it could be better then the boss, but there just isn't enough information about it. I couldn't find any reviews of people squatting big weights. I am sure they will come up in time, but I couldn't wait.

Necrias
12-02-2009, 05:37 AM
I thought about this as well recently, and I went with the boss (came from an ace as well, same problem. They need to make the legs bigger).

The overkill most likely is a great suit, it could be better then the boss, but there just isn't enough information about it. I couldn't find any reviews of people squatting big weights. I am sure they will come up in time, but I couldn't wait.

From what I hear, the Boss material is pretty stiff. Are you able to pull in the suit? I am too much of a cheapass to buy another suit, so I definitely need to be able to pull in it. Rudy said the suit has a lot of stretch and load to it, which means it could have a lot of potential for sumo...

sambone
12-02-2009, 09:09 AM
From what I hear, the Boss material is pretty stiff. Are you able to pull in the suit? I am too much of a cheapass to buy another suit, so I definitely need to be able to pull in it. Rudy said the suit has a lot of stretch and load to it, which means it could have a lot of potential for sumo...

I was squatting in a Boss untill I out grew it. The only reason I switched suits is I got a good deal on a ace that I couldn't pass up. I pull in a tight boss suit though and get amazing pop out of it. Not sure of exact carry over but it's in the range of 60-80lbs.

SELK
12-02-2009, 01:42 PM

I just ordered it the other day so I havn't gotten it yet.

I can't imagine not being able to pull it it though, if you are having a problem reaching the bar just loosen the straps. Are you a sumo puller? I can see it working well sumo.

isaku900
12-02-2009, 07:26 PM
speaking of, how exactly does one get an overkill shirt/suit?

If things go well in my next meet I'm considering moving up into multiply gear and from what I hear my squat stance and hip strength would be good in canvas...so I'm starting my search.

Brian Hopper
12-02-2009, 08:57 PM
I have a BOSS, and I love it for squatting. I never tried to pull in it though. I'm a conventional puller, so I think it might be to much material to pull in. But it might work out for sumo pullers.

mastermonster
12-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Never tried an Overkill. I switched from a canvas (Leviathon) to the Boss and it was and is a big improvement for me. That was almost 5 years ago. I pull conventional so I don't pull in it. But I know several who pull huge in it sumo over their previous PRs. One being Sam Byrd, and another being WPC Jr. Champion Cam Clayton (my former training partner). I think Cam gets at least 80 Lbs. out of his. He got 716 at Jr. Nationals and gave 733 a pretty good ride at Jr. 220s. He's also squatted close to 900 in it in the gym. Mid 800s I believe in a meet. I'm still going to play with mine deadlifting sumo some as much success as I've seen these guys have with there's.

Necrias
12-03-2009, 07:01 AM
Never tried an Overkill. I switched from a canvas (Leviathon) to the Boss and it was and is a big improvement for me. That was almost 5 years ago. I pull conventional so I don't pull in it. But I know several who pull huge in it sumo over their previous PRs. One being Sam Byrd, and another being WPC Jr. Champion Cam Clayton (my former training partner). I think Cam gets at least 80 Lbs. out of his. He got 716 at Jr. Nationals and gave 733 a pretty good ride at Jr. 220s. He's also squatted close to 900 in it in the gym. Mid 800s I believe in a meet. I'm still going to play with mine deadlifting sumo some as much success as I've seen these guys have with there's.

Yeah I was pulling in an Ace and getting 100-125 pounds out of it. I love the Ace, but the suit just does not fit my body type. The Boss is very tempting because it is so much like the Ace, but the perks of the Overkill are growing on me. Now I just need to decide if I want double or triple ply... :evillaugh:

And Isaku, you can email Rudy at rudy@overkillstrength.com

dammstrate
12-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Overkill is owned by

Rudy Rosales

Email: rudy@overkillstrength.com

Work: 630-802-1115

Fax: 630-428-2108

isaku900
12-03-2009, 11:23 PM
sweet thanks

theBarzeen
12-06-2009, 09:01 PM
I do really well with a canvas, but I'm hitting PR's in the Overkill hybrid suit..... Rudy makes them pretty tight which works really well if you squat wide and upright. The poly in the suit stretches so you still get the stopping power and pop of canvas but you can sit in to the suit and it'll stretch to let you hit depth even with tight straps..... if you like squatting narrower or medium you might want to order it a 1/4 inch big in the legs...... my wife has made huge gains in the overkill brief under her Frantz canvas ( 410 sq. at 135# in the gym) but she got in to a triple-ply Overkill Poly suit that was loose as heck on her ( meant for a 170~ guy) and hit a 422# pr so if you like poly ( I don't but my wife just switched over) that is another option that's custom made and cheaper than the BOSS custom made suits.........