PDA

View Full Version : Effect of Adderrall (XR) on diet / weight lifting?

Janosik
12-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Does anyone know if Adderrall (extended release version) has any negative impacts with regard to weight lifting?

I'll probably be taking it 3-5 days a week depending on what classes I have. Dose is starting in the 20mg range but may possibly increase to 25mg (once per day in the morning). I've heard rumors of Adderrall leading to weight loss, and that would be the worst thing possible for me at the moment... I'm struggling to put on weight but still making headway nonetheless.

The only supplements I take are Maximus (http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=18&osCsid=dd3ae9567d9394b8caa970fbf5007ef4) and fish oil so I'm not really concerned about it interacting with anything else atm.

And yes, it's prescribed to me, so no need for lectures about drug use :)

Mercuryblade
12-04-2009, 01:09 AM
It leads to weightloss because it hinders appetite, and slightly boosts your metabolism. I've been on adderall since I was 19 (I'm 24 now). I get hungry even when I take it, just not as often. Just remind yourself to eat and you'll be fine.

FYI: At my highest intake (during school) I was on 25mg XR along with 10mg instant release that I would take in the afternoon. I bulked even when I was putting 35-40mg into my body/day.

wags
08-20-2010, 08:32 AM
It leads to weightloss because it hinders appetite, and slightly boosts your metabolism.
This exactly. I've been prescribed it recently and have definitely noticed a decrease in appetite. But after about a month using it, I've adapted to just powering through and eating what I need to.

It's great for cutting though :)

For reference, I typically only take 10mg/day, and add a second 10mg if I'm really distracted.

StLRPh
08-20-2010, 09:20 AM
It leads to weightloss because it hinders appetite, and slightly boosts your metabolism. I get hungry even when I take it, just not as often. Just remind yourself to eat and you'll be fine.

I've taken it as well when I was younger and this is exactlly what I'd recommend.

joey54
08-20-2010, 06:56 PM
It is certainly going to curb your appetite. Take it as prescribed and you will be fine.