PDA

View Full Version : incorporating GPP with powerlifting

jtteg_x
12-05-2009, 03:52 AM
I am currently training for a bench only comp. which is in March 2010. I'd like to take this period of time to push the squat/deadlift aside and work on GPP that targets the lowerbody. My goal is to help improve lowerbody strength & endurance. As awesome Squat/Deads are, the joints on my knees could use time off along with my lower back from a minor injury in the past. That being said, which exercises are the bread and butter for strength & endurance? I own a APT harness that I've used in the past to pull cars. Here's my intended routine:

Tues - DE Bench
Thurs - pulling a car, pushing a car, jumping jacks, pistol squats, sprints, open for suggestions
Sat - ME Bench

I train 3 days of the week and would like to keep all the GPP work in one day (Thursday). Flipping a tire sounds like an idea as well but I don't know where or which size I would need?

C-Sobrino
12-06-2009, 05:48 PM
I have had great results in as little as two weeks by putting on from 20# to 60# of chain and walking about 20 mins on a treadmill at a 3.6-4.0 pace. Look at my log for examples. This has made my lower back feel great.

vdizenzo
12-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Looks good. Get a 400 lb. tire. That's perfect for conditioning.