PDA

View Full Version : Time to end the 2 yr bulk, time to cut.

4g64fiero
12-06-2009, 08:03 PM
I have risen from 180lbs 25% body fat to 225 lbs 20% bodyfat. Not really anything to write home about but I am really tired of looking smaller than 160lb ripped guys.

I am 5'10" and weight 225lbs @ 20% bodyfat as mention. I would like to get down to 200lbs at around 10% body fat and see what that is like for once.

I plan on eating around 2500 calories a day for the next 90 days to lose this weight, for my BF% and weight, that should leave me in an adequate enough deficit. 250g of protein a day.

Is that reasonable? I lift pretty much on a BGB schedule but run for 40mins 3 times a week. I dont like it, but I am in the military and this is necessary. I tried to carb cycle before but I'm to dumb for that ****.

Thoughts? Opinions?

cphafner
12-06-2009, 08:31 PM
that sounds like very low calories for a 220lb person, but only you truly know your calorie needs. How did you decide on that level?

VikingWarlord
12-06-2009, 08:33 PM
If your numbers are correct, that means you put on 45 lbs of lean mass (135 to 180) in your 2 year period and kept precisely 45lbs of bodyfat from beginning to end. That's actually not bad, dude. Is this based on actual measurements or just guesstimates?

Your goal would mean you'd have to keep precisely the same amount of LBM you have now.

How far below maintenance is 2500kCal?

james_w8lifter
12-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Yeh don't try to lose too much weight too quickly. Losing 1-2lbs a week should be a healthy goal. I'd suggest cutting your current caloric intake down 300-500 calories to start with

4g64fiero
12-07-2009, 02:35 PM
that sounds like very low calories for a 220lb person, but only you truly know your calorie needs. How did you decide on that level?
I calculated what deficit from maintenance I would need in order to loose 25lbs in 3 months. My maintenance is 3500 Kcals but I have been eating around 4k.

If your numbers are correct, that means you put on 45 lbs of lean mass (135 to 180) in your 2 year period and kept precisely 45lbs of bodyfat from beginning to end. That's actually not bad, dude. Is this based on actual measurements or just guesstimates?

Your goal would mean you'd have to keep precisely the same amount of LBM you have now.

How far below maintenance is 2500kCal?
1. Thanks, its based off measurements from a bod pod.

2. 1000 kcal.

I ate only 2500 calories yesterday(the only day I dont run or lift of the week) and I felt like I was going to die of starvation around 6 hours before I went to bed.

My diet consists of:

tuna
chicken breasts(like 4 a day somedays)
lean beef
natty PB
whole milk(atleast 4 cups a day, was GOMAD for a while)
whole grain spaghetti
eggs
sweet potatoes
cheese
whole grain bread
Hashbrowns once every 3 days.

My diet has always pretty much consisted of that, just in large quantities of yum. I pretty much try to get all my protein from natural sources. I should probably shove some broccoli or other greens in there.

Mercuryblade
12-07-2009, 02:56 PM
You probably don't need 250g protein/day. If you aren't trying to bulk, you can easily get away with less than 1g/lb bodyweight.