PDA

View Full Version : My first bulk, am I gaining too fast?

EGainey
12-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Hello all,

2 weeks ago I started my first official (clean) bulk. I am 5'9" and when I finished my cut I was 150lbs. I weighed myself today exactly 2 weeks into the bulk and I have gained about 7 or 8lbs. I always weigh myself first thing in the morning before I eat so I know that it is consistent. Is this too much to gain in the first 2 weeks. I have read that 2lbs per week is the most I should be gaining. Is it possible that most of this could be water retention?

I am eating about 3000 calories per day 30/50/20 p/c/f. Should I roll the calories back a couple hundred or should I just keep going and assume that this is just my body adjusting to the drastic change in calories?

Any insight or advise would be much appreciated!

Unreal
12-07-2009, 09:24 AM
7-8lbs alone could be water and it is possible you've gained nothing. Keep at your current level and see what the next 7-10 days does for you.

EGainey
12-07-2009, 09:46 AM
7-8lbs alone could be water and it is possible you've gained nothing. Keep at your current level and see what the next 7-10 days does for you.

Yeah I was hoping it was water weight. I started taking cellmass creatine too and I heard that will also cause water retention.

Unreal
12-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Figure it this way, if you gained 8lbs that is ~28000 excess calories or about 2000 a day. If your eating 3k a day that would mean your maintence is ~1000 calories. So I would put money that most if not all of that is water weight.

EGainey
12-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Thanks for help man, the bulking thing is new so I am still learning. I know that I will gain SOME fat, but I do want to keep it at a minimum. I guess I will just stay at 3k per day for a couple more weeks and see how it goes.