PDA

View Full Version : knee pain

sandcracker21
12-07-2009, 04:02 PM
well about two weeks ago i tweeked my knee while running, and it has been bothering me ever since....not while squating so much, but while running or randomly durring the day...

i was wondering what some of you would do for this...should i get a knee sleeve and work through it? the pain is not too bad...

do you think i have tendonitis? should i take something specific?

ImAStripper
12-07-2009, 04:12 PM
i'd see a doctor before you make it any worse. working through it isn't worth the possible damages.

robchris
12-07-2009, 08:46 PM
sand,
Is there any swelling or weakness? could be a sign of a serious injury. If so, see a Dr right away... Otherwise, take at least a week or so off hvy. leg work... Also, take an anti-flammatory(ie advil). In the mean time, if the pain isnt so bad, wear a sleeve for support during the day and ice it at night for 20-min. at a time.

If it doesnt improve within a week see your Dr.
Good luck,
RC

Travis Bell
12-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Where is the pain in your knee?

Back side, front side, underneath the knee cap?

JK1
12-07-2009, 09:33 PM
1st: quit running. There is only two reasons in life to run 1) some idiot is closing the buffet line, 2) you feel the turd coming out and the toilet is more than 50 feet away. You can powerwalk 50 feet or less if you pinch hard.

2nd: you really need to localize the injury before you can get any good management suggestions. There are alot of structures in the knee that need to be considered that could be causing pain/discomfort. Answer the questions RC and Travis asked.

3rd: as a general recommendation for joint pain without loss of function: NSAIDS + ice....

sandcracker21
12-07-2009, 10:34 PM
the pain is in thr frontish / outside of the knee...like i said i have no pain while squating...running it hurts, and randomly durring the day...but the pain is slight to moderate...not too bad at all

ps. there is no swelling

Fuzzy
12-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Foam rolling, heat therapy, massage, sooo much stuff you can do to fix it!

Sean S
12-08-2009, 07:45 PM
If you run alot and have lateral knee pain, there's a chance it's a tight IT band. This seems to happen in alot of runners and even some lifters. Try lots of foam rolling on the lateral thigh and stretch the IT bands by using a band or something wrapped around your foot and pull across your body. If this doesn't help, you may need to go see a doctor in case there's something else going on.