PDA

View Full Version : MILK! Tuna, too! DIET CHANGED SLIGHTLY ! :)

Tru
04-29-2002, 08:45 PM
Is milk okay to drink on a CLEAN bulk or a clean cut?

I use to drink way too much of it, and I decided to stop.... I might drink like 8 glasses/day or so... Would that be too much fat?

Tuna:

Each of the ones I buy have like 20g's of protein, no fat, no carbs--240 calories...

I eat 2 of these preworkout w/ oatmeal, and veggies..... Then before I go to bed I eat 2 of them with 2 bannana's...

Here's my entire diet

4 Eggs, Oatmeal, Apple

Protein Bar

Chicken, Apple, Veggies
Or
2 Cans of Tuna, Veggies, banana

2 Cans of Tuna, Veggies, Oatmeal

Lift (About one hour after that last meal)

Post workout
Protein shake
20 minutes later (takes a while to cook :P)
Chicken, Rice, and veggies

2-3 hours after that meal: Protein Shake

Before I go to bed: 2 cans of tuna, and a banana

On a cut, I should drop like 300-500 calories, what would I take out for my cut--assuming this is decent..

I actually like Tuna :) Better than veggies anyway :D

Isaac Wilkins
04-29-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Tru
Is milk okay to drink on a CLEAN bulk or a clean cut?

I use to drink way too much of it, and I decided to stop.... I might drink like 8 glasses/day or so... Would that be too much fat?

Tuna:

Each of the ones I buy have like 20g's of protein, no fat, no carbs--240 calories...

That's a lot of milk, but what % fat are you drinking? If you're drinking skim, then there isn't fat to worry about. If you're drinking whole milk... wow. With that much milk, you'll be taking in a lot of simple carbs. You may or may not want to avoid all of these carbs, depending on your goals, but should be aware of regardless of your intent.

What type of tuna are you eating? The macro breakdown doesn't make sense. 20 g of protein should be about 80 calories (~4 cals/g for protein), but without any fat or carbs, where are the other 160 calories coming from? Check the label, there might be less calories or more of some things.

Tru
04-30-2002, 06:16 AM
Lots of sodium is in the Tuna, iron, and a few other things...

So, that's too much milk?

I'm drinking 2%, i'll probably switch to Skim pretty soon...

Would drinking a glass of 2% with my protein shakes, 2 pints at school (1% or Skim, I think) be fine?
Then on my cut, I could just take out the milk--300-500 calories, and lots of carbs and fats...

Isaac Wilkins
04-30-2002, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Tru
Lots of sodium is in the Tuna, iron, and a few other things...

So, that's too much milk?

I'm drinking 2%, i'll probably switch to Skim pretty soon...

Would drinking a glass of 2% with my protein shakes, 2 pints at school (1% or Skim, I think) be fine?
Then on my cut, I could just take out the milk--300-500 calories, and lots of carbs and fats...

Sodium, iron, and other minerals wouldn't add calories, as they're not converted to energy directly.

On the milk: You said you were drinking eight glasses or so. I'm going to go with the idea that a glass is an eight oz cup for the sake of my numbers. I'm rounding the decimals off the macronutrient numbers:

2% milk:

1 cup = 121 calories, 8g protein, 4.5g fat, and 11.75g carbs. That comes out to 968 calories, 64g protein, 36g fat, and 94g carbs per day.

Skim milk:

1 cup = 90.5 calories, 8.75g protein, 0.5g fat, and 12.25g carbs. That comes out to 724 calories, 70 g protein, 4g fat, and 98g carbs.

As for whether or not this is fine for your cutting diet, that depends on your caloric needs (ie height, weight, body type, activity level, etc). Eight glasses of milk per day is a bit more than most people go with on a cutting diet, but if it works for you, who's to say?

the doc
04-30-2002, 09:34 AM
for myself, milk is a nono for cutting

MonStar
04-30-2002, 11:33 AM
I dont think milk is a problem at all. I have been drinking milk nonstop since I have been following a isocaloric diet, and I am dieting for a little bit of fat loss. I dont think that its a problem at all really. I mean seriously milk is a few simple sugars - but nothing major. It has some key nutrients like calcium and vitamin D etc. that are important. I would say drink your milk! Skim or 1% of course.

MS

Tru
04-30-2002, 02:58 PM
Ok...

Thanks for your opinions..

How long do you wait to workout after your preworkout meal?

I've been told wait at least an hour, that right? My schedule is tight, so less would be better :)

Jane
04-30-2002, 06:30 PM
Get food as soon as you can after you work out. :)

the doc
04-30-2002, 06:44 PM
eat starchy foods postworkout - white rice, white bread, white potato
and have some protein powder (whey preferably)

Shao-LiN
05-01-2002, 03:48 PM
I drink milk with my protein shake and with cereal. That's about the extent of it. Helps strengthen bones and helps you grow =P.