PDA

View Full Version : Cold / Flu relievers

Psycho Panda
12-08-2009, 02:40 AM
That dreaded time of year is here again when flus and colds etc are everywhere. Therefore i thought id see if any of you have any odd cures or just a reliever etc for them. This one ( provided by the wife ) certainly helped me to not care if i had flu or not = 1 mug of hot milk and a shot of disarrono ( Amaretto brandy ). It goes down so well that after a couple flu no longer matters. At first i tried to resist but her response was unarguable with " shut up you are bulking and you cant lift weights if you are sick" :evillaugh:

manowar669
12-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Take vitamin D, 5000-8000IU daily. Wash your hands often.
http://www.paleonu.com/panu-weblog/2009/8/9/vitamin-d.html
http://www.paleonu.com/panu-weblog/2009/9/28/h1n1-vitamin-d3-and-innate-immunity.html

Mercuryblade
12-08-2009, 10:22 AM
That dreaded time of year is here again when flus and colds etc are everywhere. Therefore i thought id see if any of you have any odd cures or just a reliever etc for them. This one ( provided by the wife ) certainly helped me to not care if i had flu or not = 1 mug of hot milk and a shot of disarrono ( Amaretto brandy ). It goes down so well that after a couple flu no longer matters. At first i tried to resist but her response was unarguable with " shut up you are bulking and you cant lift weights if you are sick" :evillaugh:

I would not recommend drinking alcohol when you are sick. It's not going to help you cure the disease faster, and although it maybe alleviate symptoms, it more than likely is just going to hurt your recovery.

ScottYard
12-08-2009, 10:40 AM
For immidiate help Try Zicam. I love that Stuff. I havent had a cold in 2 years. Whenever I feel one coming on I just take it and the cold never comes full on.

But for more ongoing prevention take a good multi vitamin. Atlarges Multi-V is packed with things to boost your immune system.

Mercuryblade
12-08-2009, 10:48 AM
For immidiate help Try Zicam. I love that Stuff. I havent had a cold in 2 years. Whenever I feel one coming on I just take it and the cold never comes full on.

But for more ongoing prevention take a good multi vitamin. Atlarges Multi-V is packed with things to boost your immune system.

Head's up about Zicam:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/06/16/zicam.fda.warning/index.html

Basshog
12-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Don't waste your money on cold medicine. There is a reason why it takes 3 days for Nyquil/Dayquil to make you feel better...because in 3 days you would feel better anyways!!!

Drink a lot of liquids, sleep.

Lones Green
12-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Multivitamin, extra vitamin c, Airborne, lots of water, green tea, etc.

getfit
12-08-2009, 02:19 PM
eat alot of garlic,chilis,hot water with lemon and rest.

Boil red wine and add cummin or cinnamon,should knock you out,or with whiskey.

Mercuryblade
12-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Multivitamin, extra vitamin c, Airborne, lots of water, green tea, etc.

All what you listed are good, but Airborne is complete garbage.

Lones Green
12-08-2009, 03:09 PM
All what you listed are good, but Airborne is complete garbage.

Its just Vitamin C and Zinc

Probably would work better for the larger percent of the population who might have a crappy diet, or doesn't take vitamins

Mercuryblade
12-08-2009, 03:34 PM

Probably would work better for the larger percent of the population who might have a crappy diet, or doesn't take vitamins

Way over-priced zinc and vitamin C subtley marketed as an over-the-counter medicine; with no literature/studies backing up its efficacy.

It's like the NO-Xplode of cold medicines.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that it provides 100% of the fat soluable vitamins A & E in one serving, it also recommends that you take product every few hours, which means you could be getting 600%+ of your daily value of those vitamins... your liver would not be pleased.

machaf
12-08-2009, 04:11 PM
I've been going in a hot sauna when I start to feel sick. Seems to help as I never get fully sick.

Last two times I felt the sore throat coming on I went into the sauna a few times and it never fully developed.

manowar669
12-09-2009, 07:06 AM

You're right. The only reason Zicam (zinc) and vitamin C makes anyone feel better is because they were deficient to begin with. Vit D (which isn't really a vitamin) is key to innate immunity against many viruses, as well as a myriad of health conditions.

David Trantham
12-09-2009, 12:39 PM
take vitamin d, 5000-8000iu daily. Wash your hands often.
http://www.paleonu.com/panu-weblog/2009/8/9/vitamin-d.html
http://www.paleonu.com/panu-weblog/2009/9/28/h1n1-vitamin-d3-and-innate-immunity.html

agree!!!!!!!!!! Maybe some vit. C thrown in aswell

J.C.
12-09-2009, 01:14 PM
I take echinacea as soon as I feel a cold coming on. There have been studies showing it to be more effective than placebo. It seems to help, but you never know with these things.

cutlacquo
01-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Nice! I'll start saving up some scratch for this

great news, i love my seed upgrade.