PDA

View Full Version : my experience with overkill shirt

jonrock
12-08-2009, 08:19 AM
quick post. ordered the shirt, asked rudy two thousand questions before ordering,he was very helpful, i got a 2ply shirt, three ply sleeves, 3 inch scoop. at first shirt looks similar to a rage,i thought what is the big deal? i tried the shirt. NOTHING like rage!! works great, crazy carryover at the top and through the whole lift. weights move quick off the chest. first time using the shirt, got it to touch a 1 board., shirt broke in quick. works great and tied my pr off the one board, but it was way easier and could have done even more. two thumbs up!

Brian C
12-08-2009, 08:34 AM
It was amzing that you got that thing to a 1 brd the first time in it. Really good work last night pal. I might have to think of one when Im ready to order my next shirt.

ScottYard
12-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Whats up, Jon!

Take that Shirt and come do my meet at the End of january. You just got a DL PR. Come to hanover and get a bench PR too bud.

Travis Bell
12-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Have to be honest, I really want to give one of these a shot.

I like the sound of double ply chest and triple ply arms.

sambone
12-08-2009, 11:23 AM
I was alittle skeptical but after seeing Rock work in it last night, I might just move out of my SDP and end up with one of these. The shirt looks promising. Also didn't you grid stitch the sleeves?

jonrock
12-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Whats up, Jon!

Take that Shirt and come do my meet at the End of january. You just got a DL PR. Come to hanover and get a bench PR too bud.

Scott, what up bud! i may just do that, even if i dont compete,going to come to the meet with dynamo crew to help you out. make the meet a push pull and i will deadlift! lol!how is your shoulder doing? any better?

jonrock
12-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Have to be honest, I really want to give one of these a shot.

I like the sound of double ply chest and triple ply arms.

i was thinking of going all triple ply, but i talked to rob L, and he was using the double, i figure if a guy benching close to a grand is using double, than a guy pressing in the 600's doesnt need a triple. the 3ply arms are great. feel that it helps give me more at lockout and more carryover through the lift. from what i understand, it is how the freak show gets his rage x shirts.

jonrock
12-08-2009, 01:03 PM
It was amzing that you got that thing to a 1 brd the first time in it. Really good work last night pal. I might have to think of one when Im ready to order my next shirt.

thanks brian, i really think the shirt is good and would work well for you

jonrock
12-08-2009, 01:05 PM
I was alittle skeptical but after seeing Rock work in it last night, I might just move out of my SDP and end up with one of these. The shirt looks promising. Also didn't you grid stitch the sleeves?

yes sam, grid sleeves, i dont like the sleeve material to bunch up. no grid on chest, i like the chest to stretch, the grid IMO thorws in more stoping power, and i dont really need that

NickAus
12-08-2009, 02:27 PM
I too found the shirt gives awesome carryover at the top, well done on touching a 1 board!!

ScottYard
12-09-2009, 07:50 AM
I wanted push pull but the Y wanted to start out small. next time we will def have atleast a push pull for you.

Necrias
12-09-2009, 12:24 PM
Damn... mine can't get here soon enough!

theBarzeen
12-10-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm completely sold on Rudy's equipment..... I PR'd in the shirt, got a suit, PR'd in the suit....... now Rudy is supposed to have briefs for me by Sat........ I can't wait to try these as the Ace's I'm using now feel shot after a year and a half..... not to dog the Ace briefs, it's just time for a new pair.

Brian Hopper
12-10-2009, 05:00 PM
What's his contact information?

theBarzeen
12-11-2009, 07:18 PM
What's his contact information?

he's really good about email

rudy@overkillstrength.com

or text him/ call: 6308021115

the guy really knows his stuff from altering patterns to fit different body types and styles to engineering his own fabric......

Rob Luyando
12-11-2009, 08:13 PM
quick post. ordered the shirt, asked rudy two thousand questions before ordering,he was very helpful, i got a 2ply shirt, three ply sleeves, 3 inch scoop. at first shirt looks similar to a rage,i thought what is the big deal? i tried the shirt. NOTHING like rage!! works great, crazy carryover at the top and through the whole lift. weights move quick off the chest. first time using the shirt, got it to touch a 1 board., shirt broke in quick. works great and tied my pr off the one board, but it was way easier and could have done even more. two thumbs up!

If you touched in the shirt the first time its no where near tight enough.

Brian Hopper
12-11-2009, 09:58 PM
he's really good about email

rudy@overkillstrength.com

or text him/ call: 6308021115

the guy really knows his stuff from altering patterns to fit different body types and styles to engineering his own fabric......

thanks!!!

sambone
12-12-2009, 02:40 PM
If you touched in the shirt the first time its no where near tight enough.

He didn't, he hit a one board with the shirt wetted down.

theBarzeen
12-13-2009, 09:40 AM
so I tried out the 3 ply Overkill briefs yesterday......the hips were looser than I would have liked in the briefs, especially considering how the Overkill stuff seems to work better the tighter it is. Even so, the briefs felt unreal. Not as much stopping power as the Ace but they gave me a good amount of pop, even with just the briefs on I was coming out of the hole faster than with my old Ace breifs ( again, not knocking the Ace briefs, they were old and shot)...... I did one light set with a suit over the briefs just to feel them out and it was a huge difference in feel from the Ace under the canvas.... I was able to hit depth easier, but I felt a lot more pop and was coming up a lot faster..... as it was the first week in the briefs I only went to a low 700#ish squat...... I'll push heavy next week after I bring in the hips a 1/2" and see how they hold up..... over all very impressed....

ct67_72
12-13-2009, 12:19 PM
after reading everything about Rudy's stuff. I e-mailed him yesterday night. I got a response within an hour or so. very surprised. had some good insight and it looks like Ill have an order in shortly.

Travis Bell
12-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Yeah after reading all the good stuff on this shirt, I'm putting my order in tonight. I'm really looking forward to trying this shirt out and will be sure to post how it goes.

Pete22
12-15-2009, 11:51 AM
after reading everything about Rudy's stuff. I e-mailed him yesterday night. I got a response within an hour or so. very surprised. had some good insight and it looks like Ill have an order in shortly.

Yeah after reading all the good stuff on this shirt, I'm putting my order in tonight. I'm really looking forward to trying this shirt out and will be sure to post how it goes.

I think I might be ordering one too lol. It'll be nice to have a custom shirt that actually fits for once.

Travis Bell
12-15-2009, 12:03 PM
yeah last custom shirt I had was a Karin's DD and it worked like a charm til I outgrew it

You can't argue with Rudy's build time either, 7-10 days is very impressive.

ct67_72
12-15-2009, 04:46 PM
You can't argue with Rudy's build time either, 7-10 days is very impressive.

exactly. I can order now and have it with enough time to train for the next meet.
Ill finally also get something that will work specifically for me. pretty psyched

Pete22
12-15-2009, 04:59 PM
exactly. I can order now and have it with enough time to train for the next meet.
Ill finally also get something that will work specifically for me. pretty psyched

What options did you get on it (plys, collar, etc)?

NickAus
12-15-2009, 05:08 PM
You guys will love it!

I hit an easy 585 x2 off the three board in it which was a PR, both reps were very fast even with it being a heavy weight for me.

The speed of the shirt and pop is amazing.

ct67_72
12-17-2009, 04:35 AM
What options did you get on it (plys, collar, etc)?

He reccomended a 2-ply with a 2" scoop and a 1/2" larger chest plate because
I'm not a huge bencher.

theBarzeen
12-27-2009, 12:01 PM
so I tried out the 3 ply Overkill briefs yesterday......the hips were looser than I would have liked in the briefs, especially considering how the Overkill stuff seems to work better the tighter it is. Even so, the briefs felt unreal. Not as much stopping power as the Ace but they gave me a good amount of pop, even with just the briefs on I was coming out of the hole faster than with my old Ace breifs ( again, not knocking the Ace briefs, they were old and shot)...... I did one light set with a suit over the briefs just to feel them out and it was a huge difference in feel from the Ace under the canvas.... I was able to hit depth easier, but I felt a lot more pop and was coming up a lot faster..... as it was the first week in the briefs I only went to a low 700#ish squat...... I'll push heavy next week after I bring in the hips a 1/2" and see how they hold up..... over all very impressed....

after bringing in the hips of these briefs I finally got a chance to push heavy in full gear yesterday..... with the holiday bloat everything was really tight so for the first time out in the new briefs I was still trying to find a sweet spot in them and not let the 20 lb briefs put me out of form....... I went to an easy 647 in briefs only and smoked it, the briefs have a ton of pop coming out of the hole even if they don't have the stopping power of the ACE.... I took an easy 737 with loose straps and was just barely parallel ... maybe a 2 white light squat..... 827 I lost forward when I drove my hips up instead of my head up coming out of the hole.... I came up good but lost it at the top..... I cranked my straps for 907 and it came up really easy, the best I've felt over 900, but my teammate called it at just under an inch high....... The Ace briefs and Overkill suit were tight but I really didn't have much pressure until the suit snugged up in the bottom, the 3 ply Overkill briefs might be a little much for me as there is a lot of pressure starting at about half way down so I'm having some trouble holding form and getting to depth..... I took 957 and the squat felt heavy from the start and just got in my head.... at that weight I felt like I could have hit any depth I needed to, I just pussied out and cut it 1.5" or so high...... came up really easy though, I just wimped out..... I'm going to blow out the bottom of the legs of the briefs for next week and see if that helps me hold form with that much gear on..... over all even though I can't call the 957 a Pr because it was high it came up really fast and I'm really impressed with these briefs:indian:

Necrias
12-27-2009, 01:30 PM
I am still waiting for my suit/shirt to get in (should be here mon/tues), but one of my training partners just hit a 815 1board... at a BW of 197. I hate that bastard...

Necrias
01-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Well both suit and shirt are in I have had 1 DL session and 1 bench session... DL I worked rack pulls plus a ****load of band tension:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBa7U-LVaJ8&feature=player_embedded

Bench I hit a 590 1 board, which is a 5 lb PR:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGXaDTpsIxM&feature=player_embedded

The chest plate is a little loose, but otherwise fits like a glove. Will update after Tuesday's squat session. Rudy officially has a lifetime customer!