PDA

View Full Version : advice on cal intake

timmyjohnson
12-08-2009, 08:51 PM
im 25 yo M 6' 185 lbs, 10% body fat. i ran 1 yr of track in college and was 155lbs and 7% body fat then.
i work out 4-5 days a week, almost always on weekdays

i started working out "seriously" 11 months ago, was 172lbs then, i dont really have a specific target weight or anything like that. EDIT: goal is to add lean muscle mass.

i sit behind a desk for work, during the spring/summer i played ball 4 days a week, but since it turned cold i dont really do anything physically active besides going to the gym.

now that the background info is out there, my weekday diet has pretty much been this, which at times i feel like im force feeding myself.
EDIT: meals with calorie totals and F/C/P gram splits
breakfast-eggs, potatoes, toast, milk 737 13/105/50
workout
protein shake 450 4/69/33
chicken, rice or potatoes, veggie, juice 850 12/102/83
pasta, milk 840 5/180/20
"smaller meal" ie steak sandwhich or couple slices of homemade pizza....
protein shake right before bed 450 4/69/33

weekends are kinda spotty, i tend to not eat as much the day after i drink, i mostly eat out at restaurants bars or diners for most of my meals on weekends.

i kept in depth track for 2 weeks worth of weekday meals and they basically averaged out to be 4050 cal 50g fat, 600g carb, 300g protein, for a 11%/59%/30% split.

long story short, how would you rate my WEEKDAY diet? i know i need to improve my weekend diet.

thanks for any advice

tom183
12-08-2009, 09:32 PM
now that the background info is out there, my weekday diet has pretty much been this, which at times i feel like im force feeding myself.
breakfast-eggs, potatoes, toast, milk
workout
protein shake
chicken, rice or potatoes, veggie, juice
pasta, milk
"smaller meal" ie steak sandwhich or couple slices of homemade pizza....
protein shake right before bed

We can't rate this without more specific info. In general though, from your macro breakdown I'd aim for less carbs and more fats.

skinny99
12-08-2009, 11:39 PM
We can't rate this without more specific info. In general though, from your macro breakdown I'd aim for less carbs and more fats.
Less taters and more steak,chicken,tuna and milk! IMO

4g64fiero
12-09-2009, 12:27 AM
Soooo......what are your goals?

timmyjohnson
12-09-2009, 07:58 AM

i edited my OP with calorie and gram info.

for whatever reason ive always had a low fat diet, whether i was running, doing nothing, or working out. even when i eat out on the weekends i opt for healthier options like rice with a sandwich instead of fries.

timmyjohnson
12-09-2009, 07:58 AM
Soooo......what are your goals?

i edited the OP, goal is to add muscle mass while maintaining body fat %.

timmyjohnson
12-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Less taters and more steak,chicken,tuna and milk! IMO

what should be the max amt of protein ingested?

Unreal
12-09-2009, 09:16 AM
No max. Are you gaining weight? Are you adding too much fat? Just stick to it and keep track of your progress. If you aren't gaining then eat more. If your gaining too fast or too much fat eat less.