PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift suit or Squat suit?

EmptyBarbell
12-09-2009, 06:57 PM
What would be the best deadlift suit to use?.. or should I just stick with my Inzer squat suit?...I see deadlift suits out there and I know many just use their squat suits... what's the opinion of your top guys here?

Also... is conventional preferred over sumo style?

sambone
12-09-2009, 07:31 PM
I prefer to use a titan boss squat suit and pull sumo. I've never used a deadlift suit though I can't imagine it being better then my boss, I get 80+lbs out of it. When it comes to pulling in equipment sumo is better then conventional as far as carryover from the gear goes. I'll let someone else recommend deadlift suits, being I only have hearsay to offer.

ScottYard
12-10-2009, 07:11 AM
If you go conventional the metal king Suit is the way to go. If you are in a multi ply fed the adjustable straps are awesome.

Brian Hopper
12-10-2009, 07:23 AM
If you go conventional the metal king Suit is the way to go. If you are in a multi ply fed the adjustable straps are awesome.

I agree, this is the suit I use and it seems to work pretty good for me.

Zak Freiwald
12-10-2009, 03:26 PM
I agree, this is the suit I use and it seems to work pretty good for me.

Brian- I use an old Metal Deadlifter. It's a kickass suit- but I'll let it be somebody else's kickass suit if I can find a suit that kicks more ass. I have heard people say the the King is a great conventional puller suit, but I have not heard fom anybody that has used both. Do you have any eperience with the old Metal suit?

Brian Hopper
12-10-2009, 04:54 PM
No, Since I have been back powerlifting this is the only suit I have used to pull in. I'm sure Scott can give you a comparison of the two suits.

I'm curious on trying the Titan Velocity and Inzer Fusion. Have you tried any of these suits?

Zak Freiwald
12-10-2009, 07:24 PM
No, Since I have been back powerlifting this is the only suit I have used to pull in. I'm sure Scott can give you a comparison of the two suits.

I'm curious on trying the Titan Velocity and Inzer Fusion. Have you tried any of these suits?

I've never tried a Velocity suit. I tried a Fusion and I was pretty unimpressed with it. It pretty much felt like a single ply squat suit to me.

EmptyBarbell
12-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Thanks. I have heard alot of good things about Metal gear. never tried it. but after hearing you guys.. I must seriously consider it.... I was just pondering if I should go with a strictly dead lift suit.. or a squat one?.. most people at meets I have seen appear to prefer squat ones.... not sure why they would be better than a specialized suit made just for deadlifts. but that seems to be the consensus.. I train sumo mostly but do conventional ..

EmptyBarbell
12-10-2009, 08:20 PM

so is this the Metal King Pro Deadlift suit I see on there site??

Sean S
12-10-2009, 08:32 PM
If you pull sumo, a SQ suit can work fine. If you pull conventional a DL suit made for that will be beneficial.

robchris
12-10-2009, 09:40 PM
I pull in a Titan velocity and its a good suit... Good pop off the floor and thru the mid-range.