PDA

View Full Version : Best supplement in addition to Maximus?

Janosik
12-09-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm about to order another tub of Maximus and figured it's probably time to add another supplement. It's the only supplement I've been taking recently (unless you count Fish Oil and a daily vitamin :p ).

I'm thinking Results even though I wasn't originally planning to take anything with creatine. Any other suggestions?

Invain
12-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Why do you feel like you NEED another supplement? Are you currently making gains in the gym?

Janosik
12-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Just to be more efficient, get the most out of the time I spend in the gym :)

My strength gains are pretty much on par with what most routines recommend for weekly increases, but I still feel like I should be doing better because I was way ahead of where I am now ~4 years ago (before I stopped working out completely). I've always read it should be easier to progress if you've been there before but never looked into whether that's fact or myth...

ScottYard
12-10-2009, 07:08 AM
I really like results. Takes about a week to kick in but once it does you will see a definate increase in weights.

vdizenzo
12-10-2009, 07:26 AM
Agreed, Results.

Cirino83
12-10-2009, 08:00 AM
plain creatine monohydrate.....

chris mason
12-10-2009, 01:53 PM
100% results

thewicked
12-11-2009, 08:39 AM
RESULTS!

period.. i'll just start using results as an automatic answer for me because it pretty much is just that. I LOVE maximus but results is by far the best supplement i've ever had the pleasure of using.

when taken properly..the product just plain works

Janosik
12-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Just have a couple Q's about the 5g creatine it has per serving:

1.) Is it bad that the recommended dose for a person of my weight (180 lbs.) is only half of what is in a serving of Results? Should I take less than one serving daily?
2.) Do we need to treat this like normal creatine and incorporate wash-out periods?

I figured I just didn't know enough about creatine to start taking it yet, but those are the main things I don't understand... I don't even know if "wash-out" periods apply when you're not using a loading phase.

chris mason
12-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Where did you get this supposed recommended dose for a 180 lbs person?

Janosik
12-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Where did you get this supposed recommended dose for a 180 lbs person?From that creatine website that's in a sticky in the other forum. Everyone says to read it before asking any questions about creatine lol is it way off?:confused:

http://www.creatinemonohydrate.net/creatine_doses.html

Posting from my phone so I hope I pasted that right, but there should be a table if you scroll down a bit.

chris mason
12-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Disregard that table. 5g is a proper dose for someone of your weight. Creatine is very safe and effective. If you are healthy, you should have no concerns about its use. If you ate 3 big steaks a day you would get 5g of creatine from the food alone. I mention that for perspective.