PDA

View Full Version : A few nutritional questions

ImAStripper
12-10-2009, 12:33 AM
Well, I'd like to start off with thanking Unreal for his inspirational story. I remembered reading his posts years ago when I was in high school and seeing his impressive physique gave me the motivation to get my own six pack.

I've been dieting down for the good part of 2 months, lost 13lbs and I am guessing im sitting at 12 or 13 percent bf right now, and I guess I should have done this before I started, but whatever. I have a few questions, and I would like to get some opinions.

- Diet Pop, I've recommended it to a couple guys here. I find it obliterates my hunger cravings and 0 calories. I've searched the forums and I guess the general consensus is that it is alright?
- Oatmeal, now, I've seen people concerned with the amount of carbs it contains. What I eat is the plain jane oatmeal, the cheapest tub I can find at Walmart is like 2 dollars and it has 30+ servings. From what I understand, it is a good source of nutrition. I eat 3-4 cups each day mixed with water and microwaved. Is 3-4 servings too much?
- Cheese, I love to eat those 8oz. cheese bricks. Too much saturated fat?
- Cheeseburgers, 6-8oz ground chuck on wheat bread with low fat cheese slice. Again, good protein but too much saturated fat?

I'm still losing fat on my diet, and I've read that if the diet is working, not to change it, but I would prefer it to stay working and avoid any speed bumps.

Oh, and for cheat days... I usually have 1 per week, just to keep me sane. My last cheat day I ate an entire pizza, roughly 3000cals, at midnight and when I relaxed my stomach I looked 6 months prego. Then I usually have to use the restroom 30 minutes later and its down the toilet. Wtf is with that? When I indulge myself, its out of me so fast I'm curious if it gives my body time to absorb the nutrients?

David Trantham
12-10-2009, 07:04 AM
Well, I'd like to start off with thanking Unreal for his inspirational story. I remembered reading his posts years ago when I was in high school and seeing his impressive physique gave me the motivation to get my own six pack.

I've been dieting down for the good part of 2 months, lost 13lbs and I am guessing im sitting at 12 or 13 percent bf right now, and I guess I should have done this before I started, but whatever. I have a few questions, and I would like to get some opinions.

- Diet Pop, I've recommended it to a couple guys here. I find it obliterates my hunger cravings and 0 calories. I've searched the forums and I guess the general consensus is that it is alright?
- Oatmeal, now, I've seen people concerned with the amount of carbs it contains. What I eat is the plain jane oatmeal, the cheapest tub I can find at Walmart is like 2 dollars and it has 30+ servings. From what I understand, it is a good source of nutrition. I eat 3-4 cups each day mixed with water and microwaved. Is 3-4 servings too much?
- Cheese, I love to eat those 8oz. cheese bricks. Too much saturated fat?
- Cheeseburgers, 6-8oz ground chuck on wheat bread with low fat cheese slice. Again, good protein but too much saturated fat?

I'm still losing fat on my diet, and I've read that if the diet is working, not to change it, but I would prefer it to stay working and avoid any speed bumps.

Oh, and for cheat days... I usually have 1 per week, just to keep me sane. My last cheat day I ate an entire pizza, roughly 3000cals, at midnight and when I relaxed my stomach I looked 6 months prego. Then I usually have to use the restroom 30 minutes later and its down the toilet. Wtf is with that? When I indulge myself, its out of me so fast I'm curious if it gives my body time to absorb the nutrients?

i think in your case diet drinks are fine, but remember all the artificial sweeteners in them,i would still try to drink as much water as possible.if you are losing weight its probably fine, but remember you can eat sweet pot,red pot, and green vegs(brock,green beans,salads,etc)as carbs sources.
-cheese on the other hand i would eat as a cheat meal
-hambuger is fine i would go with the 90% lean gound beef w/out all the bread,vegs or pot in the place. maybe the m=hamburger as cheat meal with the bread and cheese.
-when you do a cheat meal don't go crazy!!! eat to enjoy and don't get stuffed, because when you do eat good food your body adjust sto that and it expects that, then throught in all that grease,such as pizza it does send some people to the bath room!! hope this hlps a little

Allen Cress
12-10-2009, 10:12 AM
You should cut out the cheese and bread if you're goin to have ground beef get at least 93% lean. As David said if you're goin to have a cheat meal have the cheeseburger as a cheat meal.

As far as diet drinks thats just depends on the person. If you are drinking them without any issues then go for it, but obviously make sure you are still getting in enuff water.

Oatmeal is the last thing you should be worried about when dieting. Don't be afraid of carbs they are needed. As long as you are in a calorie deficit thats what matters(with quality calories of course). Too many people are carb phobic and there is no need to be. Just stick to the plan and be consistent with everything.

Don't think of what you can't have as far as food but think of what you are accomplishing and the benefits.

feardaram
12-10-2009, 10:26 AM
if you are hitting your macros what exactly is wrong with cheese and bread?

Unreal
12-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Wow, thanks.

Diet is fine as long as your not going overboard on it. I drink 3-4 cans a day. As for cheese, oats, burgers; as long as they fit into your diet plan go fot it. 3-4 cups of oatmeal is 900-1200 calories alone from oatmeal. That is a lot of carbs and calories. If it fits into your diet and works for you, go for it, but I know I could cut with that much oatmeal in my diet.

Allen Cress
12-10-2009, 01:42 PM
if you are hitting your macros what exactly is wrong with cheese and bread?

For just weightloss its not an issue, but for cosmetic purposes its not good.

feardaram
12-10-2009, 01:51 PM
For just weightloss its not an issue, but for cosmetic purposes its not good.

what about them (cheese and bread) isn't good? this is an honest question.

Allen Cress
12-10-2009, 03:36 PM
what about them (cheese and bread) isn't good? this is an honest question.

Dairy and bread both make most individuals(not all) hold water as well as both being processed with higher amounts of sugar, but if your goal isn't for cosmetic purposes then by all means use them.